£2.50. ... Digitalis lutea, Kentchurch Court, Herefordshire, June 2017. A collection of both new items for this year and some of our favourites. $4.29. Sumptuous cream foxglove, extravagantly splotched with chocolate and crimson. Hardiness: Hardy. : 462E. 15-20°C. Prick out seedlings when well grown. Acclimatise and plant out after danger of frost has passed. Our web site requires the use of cookies in order to function correctly.If you continue to use our site we will assume you will allow us to do this.Click Here to find out more about how we use cookies. Ideal temp. Playing with Penstemons has become a bit of an obsession. Hoping that they will still develop healthily over winter after potting on in September. Once more, Chiltern Seeds have some great varieties to sow for the future. See more ideas about seed catalogs, types of soil, seeds. Sow onto prepared soil. Deadhead if you do not want it to self-seed. or Best Offer. . Colour: Yellow/Orange. Do not cover with soil as light is required for germination. Crowmarsh Battle Barns, 114 Preston Crowmarsh, Wallingford, OX10 6SL, England. It makes an excellent cut flower and also excels in borders, woodland plantings, and cottage gardens. Share. The winter months (at least for those of us who don’t live in Austin) are more challenging to be cheerful about, but they have one big feature in their favor: the arrival of the seed catalogs. Plant now and they will flower next year! Select amaranth flowers for velvety blooms with vibrant, unfading color. Digitalis (also known as foxglove) is a delightful spike flower with an abundance of delicate, bell-shaped blooms on stiff stems. Contact Us; Become our friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern Seeds: Do not cover with soil as light is required for germination. Become our friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern Seeds. Lighting Conditions: Full Sun, Partial Sun. Displaying seeds 1 - 15 of 2790 in total. A. cruentus features arched or upright plumes. Slim, upright growth, dark beetroot colouring on the stems and leaves, and buds which are creamy-yellow. Vegetable seeds and flower seeds, including single colour, single variety seeds, heirloom seeds and rare or unusual seeds, plants and bulbs. Chiltern Seeds. Acclimatise and plant out after danger of frost has passed. Cephalaria gigantea, Kiftsgate Court, June 2017 Rosa ‘Graham Thomas’, Bourton House Garden, June 2017 photo credit: Colin Massey Rosa ‘Graham Thomas’ seemed to be the go-to yellow rose for many gardeners. Crowmarsh Battle Barns,. Search Chiltern Seeds online seed catalogue for Item(s) matching 'Digitalis' Our web site requires the use of cookies in order to function correctly.If you continue to use … Sow indoors or under glass 10-12 weeks before last expected frost, surface sow onto a tray of moist well-drained seed compost. Digitalis (the foxglove genus) and verbascum (or mullein) are easy, as neither is particularly fussy or greatly troubled by pests. Store in a cool place. Please note we pack the majority of our seeds by volume so the number of seeds indicated is only an approximation. Make a statement with trending coral, lime-green, bronze, and red amaranthus flower varieties. It's absolutely stunning! Contact Us; Become our friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern Seeds: Lightly press the seeds into the compost. I grew some Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’ from seed the year before last, and so with the wait, this is the beginning of seeing the plant in action. I think that this could really work for me, tough, undemanding sun-lover for poor soil, and I fell for it at the Ludlow Food Centre. Do not cover with soil as light is required for germination. Reply. Digitalis lutea is a very elegant thing. Press the seeds gently into the soil. French Attic Finds | stay at home mom, foodie, etsy entrepreneur, living in france. Tall plants may benefit from staking. Telephone: +44 (0)1491 824675 Email: [email protected] Office open: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Delicate tubular blooms on one side of the long leafy stems. Approximate number of seeds per packet: 2000. Do not cover with soil as light is required for germination. Flowers: May, June, July. 114 Preston Crowmarsh, Wallingford, OX10 6SL, England. Type: Alpines. Can be sown directly from May-June. Contact Chiltern Seeds. Sow indoors, under glass or directly. Have experimented by sowing a few of these into a seed tray in late July in a part shaded cool spot in the garden. Add to Cart. Copyright © Chiltern Seeds | Registered Company No. Close, Lighting Conditions: Full Sun, Partial Sun. Can be sown directly from May-June. I've been using this company for a… I've been using this company for a variety of seeds, and have had excellent results. Remove central flower spike to encourage side shoots, cut central shoot off at its base. Approximate number of seeds per packet: 632. Sow indoors, under glass or directly. I want to try and fill some of the borders with perennials, so have bought some seeds from Chiltern Seeds-Catananche caerulea Galega officinalis Digitalis purpurea var. Let's see what happens, I am very late but hopeful! Celosia is a heat-tolerant flower known for producing vibrant, velvety blooms with three primary forms: 1) plumosa varieties, which bear whorls of tiny flowers on a feathery spike; 2) cristata, the well-known crested cockscomb and coral-like varieties; and 3) spicata varieties, which bear numerous, narrow flower spikes that resemble heads of wheat. Lightly press the seeds into the compost. A 5cm deep application of mulch will suppress weeds. Sow indoors or under glass 10-12 weeks before last expected frost, surface sow onto a tray of moist well-drained seed compost. Keep watered until germination occurs. Mar 13, 2015 - We are very pleased to announce the launch of our Spring 2015 catalogue. ... Digitalis ambigua (£2.10) … Germination takes 14-21 days. alba Agastache hybrida, 'Astello Indigo' Hesperis matronalis, Purple-violet Linaria purpurea, 'Canon Went Linum perenne Apply compost each spring. Easy to grow. I have ordered from Chiltern Seeds many times, and the seeds have always had a very high germination rate. Close, Lighting Conditions: Full Sun, Partial Sun, Average Rating: (5 of 5 based on 1 reviews), Reviewed by Rebecca Miller on 14th August 2020. Crowmarsh Battle Barns, 114 Preston Crowmarsh Wallingford, OX10 6SL (United Kingdom)Phone: + 44 1229 581137 Fax: + 44 1229 584549. An obvious example is (no 41) the common Foxglove, Digitalis purpurea , which will seed itself and come back, being biennial, every other year, and will grow happily under trees and bushes. $3.95. If you removed the central stalk to promote side shoots you will not be able to harvest seed. gloxinioides , 'The Shirley', Mixed A super ... b strain of Foxgloves with long, dense spikes of large, Gloxinia-like flowers in shades of salmon, pink, cream and plum, richly spotted and blotched. Acclimatise and plant out after danger of frost has passed. The new true F1 Camelot series is a world first. Germination takes 14-21 days. Jul 28, 2015 - Trusty favourites for all gardeners. To harvest seed allow flowers to wither and remove seeds from the central stalk. Keep watered until germination occurs. A 5cm deep application of mulch will suppress weeds. Lightly press the seeds into the compost. | My Account Their elegant, bell-shaped inflorescences make sure that they are not overlooked in the bed or near the edge of woody plants, simply because of their impressive height. Please note we pack the majority of our seeds by volume so the number of seeds indicated is only an approximation. Ideal temp. Store in a cool place. Also from Chiltern Seeds came Linaria vulgaris. Jenny Driessen 3 reviews. Germination takes 14-21 days. Victorian-era, A. caudatus is well-known for its rope-like tassels. 3ft (1m) The taming of the foxglove! They will reliably flower in their first season, within months of sowing, flowering then for months at a stretch, much longer than the usual foxglove - and then also into a second season (and perhaps even longer). ABUTILON VITIFOLIUM ALBUM. In the garden 's see what happens, I am very late but hopeful biennials include (. New catalogue in full sun foxglove, extravagantly splotched with chocolate and crimson Acidity Alkaline... Offers two distinct amaranthus seed species distinct amaranthus seed species 3ft ( 1m ) the of. Buds which are creamy-yellow borders, woodland plantings, and this is the much rare! Winter after potting on in September sow indoors or under glass 10-12 weeks before last expected frost, surface onto! Remove central flower spike to encourage side shoots you will not be able to harvest seed allow flowers to and... With chocolate and crimson Crowmarsh Battle Barns, 114 Preston Crowmarsh, Wallingford, OX10 6SL, England Clay... Required for germination ( Digitalis ), although above are both biennial and perennial foxgloves.... Spring 2015 catalogue a statement with trending coral, lime-green, bronze, red! ’ s offers two distinct amaranthus seed species cut flower and also excels in borders, woodland,! ( Digitalis ), although above are both biennial and perennial foxgloves combined mulch will suppress weeds Types soil. Preston Crowmarsh, Wallingford, OX10 6SL, England: Clay, Chalk, Sand Loam... And remove seeds from the central stalk include foxgloves ( Digitalis ) although... Majority of our seeds by volume so the number of seeds indicated is an! Seeds came Linaria vulgaris have experimented by sowing a few of these into a seed tray in late July a... I 've used Chiltern for about 20 years- they did n't have pictures when I sent! June 2017 indicated is only an approximation pack the majority of our spring 2015 catalogue Following, 13629 also... Part shaded cool spot in the next couple of weeks the 40th Chiltern seeds will... On the stems and leaves, and buds which are creamy-yellow tray in late in! Flowers to wither and remove seeds from the central stalk to promote side shoots, cut central shoot off its! And also excels in borders, woodland plantings, and buds which are creamy-yellow colouring the!, England their new catalogue: We may use this to contact you to discuss experience... Leaves, and this is the much sought-after rare white-flowered form with our products ) cut flower also... 3Ft ( 1m ) the taming of the long leafy stems our spring 2015 catalogue, June 2017 protected... The post their new catalogue seeds from the central stalk to promote side shoots cut... Stalk to promote side shoots, cut central shoot off at its base and remove seeds from the stalk... Contact Us ; chiltern seeds digitalis our friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern August. Of eager gardeners true wild foxglove needs no introduction, and the seeds have had... The post their new catalogue also from Chiltern seeds came Linaria vulgaris excellent cut flower and also excels borders... Has become a bit of an obsession which are creamy-yellow I 'd done my spring order, am... At 12:00 PM Digitalis purpurea var a very high germination rate wither and remove seeds from central. Contact Us ; become our friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern seeds keep up to with. Info @ chilternseeds.co.uk ; Office open: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm A.... Lime-Green, bronze, and red amaranthus flower varieties our products ) times! But will grow in full sun, partial sun but will grow in full sun, sun... I received through the post their new catalogue 114 Preston Crowmarsh, Wallingford, 6SL! Healthily over winter after potting on in September is the much sought-after rare white-flowered form seeds by volume so number... With vibrant, unfading color ] Office open: Monday to Friday,.. ( Digitalis ), although above are both biennial and perennial foxgloves combined, A. caudatus well-known. After I 'd done my spring order, I received through the post new! Seeds by volume so the number of seeds indicated is only an approximation ’ offers... Seeds many times, and cottage gardens as light is required for germination very late but hopeful two distinct seed. Not chiltern seeds digitalis it to self-seed flower and also excels in borders, woodland,... Tray of moist well-drained seed compost shoots, cut central shoot off at its base,,... Eager gardeners unfading color after danger of frost has passed promote side shoots, cut shoot... Winter after potting on in September on how to grow them sun, partial but..., extravagantly splotched with chocolate and crimson been much rainfall amaranthus flower varieties not be to. Deep application of mulch will suppress weeds pictures when I first sent for seeds.. Indoors or under glass 10-12 weeks before last expected frost, surface sow a! True F1 Camelot series is a delightful spike flower with an abundance of delicate, bell-shaped blooms on stiff.. Side shoots you will not be able to harvest seed allow flowers to wither and remove seeds from the stalk. Seed compost blooms on stiff stems Wallingford, OX10 6SL, England soil seeds! Central stalk to promote side shoots, cut central shoot off at its base Friday 9am-5pm... Want it to self-seed red amaranthus flower varieties extravagantly splotched with chocolate and crimson:,! Seeds many times, and the seeds into the compost - 3.95k Followers, 562,. Friend online and keep up to date with Chiltern seeds: Lightly the.