If both those dates are too far away you can try and finish on a Wednesday as this is the day that is dedicated to St. Joseph just as Saturdays are dedicated to Mary. Fr. Most Chaste heart of St. Joseph, be the guardian of our family! With every page I read it became clear to me that Fr. Much of what is known of his character is deduced from his actions. Donald Calloway’s new book, Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father, the men completed a 33-day preparation for consecration based on prayers, Scripture and reflections; and consecrated their lives to him as their spiritual father, to protect and guide them to heaven. Instructions on praying the Novena to prepare for the Consecration. This section is essentially a book within the book called The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father. If you ask any Catholic what does consecration mean, they would most likely answer that it’s when the bread and wine, during mass, become the body and blood of Jesus Christ. In fact consecration means “to set aside for a sacred purpose”. (As revealed by St. Joseph to Edson Glauber in the Church approved Itapiranga apparitions where St. Joseph requested to honor his Chaste heart every First Wednesday of the month) To your Chaste Heart we consecrate ourselves, on this day, O Glorious Saint Joseph. Fr. O dearest Saint Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you, that you may always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. Accessible, motivating, this book will kick off a great movement of consecration to our spiritual father and change the world. O dearest Saint Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you, that you may always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. Fr. Instructions on praying the Novena to prepare for the Consecration. O Blessed Saint Joseph, pray for me, that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death. After the Virgin Mary, Roman Catholics believe that Saint Joseph is the most beloved and efficacious saint in heaven, as well as a guardian and protector of the Church. Including morning & night prayers, marriage and basic prayers like Hail Mary, Our Father, Apostles' Creed and many more. The Act of Consecration can be done in several ways. “The Apostolic Penitentiary grants a plenary indulgence to the faithful who will recite any legitimately approved prayer or act of piety in honor of Saint Joseph, for example ‘To you, o Blessed Joseph,’ especially on the recurrences of March 19 and May 1, on the Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, on St. Joseph’s Sunday (according to the Byzantine tradition), on the 19th of each … When you do decide to consecrate yourself it is called an act and not a prayer. By that sweet company which Jesus and Mary gave you in your lifetime, protect me all through life, so that I may never separate myself from my God by losing his grace. Prayer Blanket Ministry; Food Pantry; Funeral Volunteers; Kitchen Helpers; Maintenance; Meals on Wheels; Office Helpers; Knights of Columbus; SMCHS Carnival; Consecration to St. Joseph Home; November 13, 2020. The prayer therefore honors St. Joseph for each of the 30 years he spent with Jesus and Mary on earth. Christ, have mercy.Lord, have mercy. Oh my beloved St. Joseph, adopt me as thy child. Arrived today! I promise to honor you everyday by some special act of devotion and by placing myself under your daily protection. Consecrating yourself helps you to grow in faith, love and hope for God. In making this consecration to St. Joseph, we are asking the Holy Spirit, through the patronage of St. Joseph and in imitation of him, to bring into relief the identity we received at our baptism, reborn in order that we might permanently turn our gaze to wonder at Mary’s motherhood, to the infant who grew in wisdom and strength, that by his suffering, death, and resurrection, a world is redeemed, a love … Both retired Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis are strongly devoted towards St. Joseph. May all of my being love you and glorify you without ceasing. It is an act that needs thought, preparation and prayer with the help of the sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession if possible. Step 1 - Find a place of silence, preferably a place you have designated and set aside for prayer. A beloved father, husband, and worker. Today, we humbly ask you to defend Catholic Online's independence. Additionally, though the consecration can be done as an individual, Father Calloway has included a guide for how to complete the consecration as a group. Definitely a book for our time, Consecration to St. Joseph is dedicated to meeting the challenges of the present moment and restoring order to our Church and our world, all through the potent paternal intercession and care of St. Joseph. Even when he is asleep, he is taking care of the church. We consecrate our families and all that we have. Therefore consecrating yourself means putting yourself aside to love and serve God. If Catholic Online has given you $5.00 worth of knowledge this year, take a minute to donate. Accessible, motivating, this book will kick off a great movement of consecration to our spiritual father and change the world. He responded to God’s call to be the guardian and protector of his son by being constantly attentive to God, open to the signs of God’s presence and receptive to God’s plans, and not simply his own.”. Each day of the preparation to consecration focuses on a line from the Litany of St. Joseph, a beautiful prayer, which has been around since the 15th or 16th century. Prayer to Saint Joseph (Written by Pope Leo XIII in 1889) To thee do we cry in our tribulations, O Blessed Saint Joseph, as we confidently invoke your patronage, after that of your most holy spouse, the Blessed Virgin Mary. St. Joseph Consecration Prayer featuring the beautiful iconographic image, St. Joseph is lovingly and adoringly gazing at his divine Son, while the Child Jesus looks at the viewer, clinching the hand of his earthly father. Consecration Prayers. She can show each of us how to “love and serve God perfectly in our everyday lives”. Finally, other Christians may just say the same Act of Consecration, everyday at first, until it becomes part of them in thought and in action and then just once a week or month so as not to forget their engagement. The program of preparation and consecration takes 33 days. Step 1 - Find a place of silence, preferably a place you have designated and set aside for prayer. O Glorious Patriarch and Patron of the Church! Through thy intercession with Jesus grant me a spirit of sacrifice, of humility and self-denial, a burning love for … Dear Men of St. Catherine's Parish, I want to invite you all to join me on March 19, 2020, the feast of St. Joseph, in making a special consecration to St. Joseph. keeleyg2000 03 Dec, 2020. Calloway's Website Purchased item: Litany For The Poor Souls In Purgatory 50 Pack of Prayer Cards . Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life. Saints Contact Us Vision Outreach. Act of Consecration to St. Joseph Prayer Card St. Joseph Consecration Prayer featuring the beautiful iconographic image, St. Joseph is lovingly and adoringly gazing at his divine Son, while the Child Jesus looks at the viewer, clinching the hand of his earthly father. If you miss a day, make it up and continue your preparation. This is the primary purpose of Calloway’s Consecration to St. Joseph. I choose you, after Mary, to be my chief advocate and protector. We will pray the consecration prayer together, consecrating ourselves and our families to St. Joseph. V. He made him the lord of His house:R. And ruler of all His substance. St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, Saint John Paul II and many other saints  say that Mary consecrated her entire life to loving and serving God and their only Son, Jesus Christ! Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life. Act of Consecration to St. Joseph by St. Bernardine of Siena. Saint Joseph was the first one to bring Christ to the world, and he can reintroduce us to our Lord in our pagan culture.” Father Calloway had a personal devotion to St. Joseph for many years and wondered if there was a formal consecration to him similar to the consecration to the Blessed Mary as developed by St. Louis de Montfort. St. Joseph is also the patron saint of the Catholic Church, giving us another important reason to implore his intercession to heal our Church. Consecration to St. Joseph Full Product Description. Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life. Ever blessed and glorious Joseph, kind and loving father, and helpful friend of all in sorrow! Introduction; Consecration Chart; Endorsements; Purchase the Book; Art and Gifts; Fr. Act of Consecration to St. Joseph O dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honor and give myself to you, that you may always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. After your example may I do all my actions for the greater glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Buy One Get One 50% OFF - FREE Shipping $60+. O Guardian and Virginal Father of the Word Incarnate! The book features quotes about St. Joseph from about 26 saints and mystics including: St. Theresa of Avila, St. Andre Bessette, St. Peter Julian Eymard, Blessed William Joseph Chaminade, and St. Stanislaus Papczynski , the Founder of the … O dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to thy honor and give myself to thee, that thou mayest always be my father, my protector, and my guide in the way of salvation. Show the volunteers who bring you reliable, Catholic information that their work matters. As Archbishop Hebda announced in his October 22, 2020 column for The Catholic Spirit, the Archdiocese is observing a Year of Saint Joseph from December 8, 2020 – December 8, 2021.In anticipation of the Archdiocesan consecration to Saint Joseph on December 8, 2020, Archbishop Hebda wrote, “On that date, the Church Universal will be marking the 150th anniversary of Pope Pius IX’s … I want to give to others to promote devotion to the Holy Souls. By that assistance which Jesus and Mary gave you at death, I beg of you to protect me in a special way at the hour of my death, so that dying assisted by you, in the company of Jesus and Mary, I may go to thank you in paradise and, in your company, to praise my God for all eternity.Amen. The program of preparation and consecration takes 33 days. Make holy all the things! Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law. However, most Catholics associate the consecration to Jesus through the hands of Mary with St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort (1673-1716) and his writings “True Devotion to Mary”. This is the same for the consecration to St. Joseph, because St. Joseph was the foster father of Jesus and the only saint to have known Jesus in person, loving and caring for him until he became an adult. He is also the saint that created “All Souls Day” on November 2nd! The Litany helps you memorise many of the virtues of St. Joseph such as obedience, strength, faithfulness,  guardianship of the Church, families etc. The Consecration to St. Joseph emulates the Marian consecration made popular by St. Louis de Montfort, highlighting many of St. Joseph’s titles, privileges and heroic virtues. The Catholic prayer, "An Ancient Prayer to Saint Joseph, is considered a powerful novena (recited for nine straight days) to Saint Joseph, the foster father of Christ. Here are just a few examples: O dearest Saint Joseph, I consecrate myself to your honourand give myself to you, that you may always be my father,my protector and my guide in the way of salvation.Obtain for me a greater purity of heart and fervent love of the interior life.After your example may I do all my actions for the greater glory of God,in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.O Blessed Saint Joseph, pray for me,that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death.Amen. Fr. Each day, in your personalised prayer corner, you will find very enriching content to help you get closer to God and grow in holiness. O Virgin Spouse of the Virgin Mother of God! In the presence of Jesus and Mary, I choose you this day to be my father, my guardian, and my protector. Get your copy of Consecration to St. Joseph at www.consecrationtostjoseph.org It offers a 33-day method of consecration to St. Joseph that is similar to St. Louis de Montfort’s 33-day consecration to Mary. Since St. Joseph is considered the guardian of the Holy Family and all families, we turn to him, especially today, because so many marriages and families are falling apart. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. St. Joseph is the patron saint of Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis inaugurated his papacy on the feast day of St. Joseph March 19th! Throughout the centuries, many saints have written prayers for the consecration to Jesus through St. Joseph. 1. Divine Providence knows that St. Joseph is exactly who the Church needs right now. ... information on the 10 wonders of St. Joseph; and prayers and devotions to St. Joseph. This book has everything you need to take your love and devotion to St. Joseph to a whole different level: the first comprehensive 33-day program of consecration to St. Joseph; information on the 10 wonders of St. Joseph; and prayers and devotions to St. Joseph. You are the good father and protector of orphans, the defender of the defenseless, the patron of those in need and sorrow. For some, Hozana allows the discovery or rediscovery of the joy of praying, the joy of an authentic daily encounter with Jesus, heart to heart. Obtain for me a great purity of heart and a fervent love of the interior life. O great saint, as you were served by God, I too wish to be taken into your service. Prayer to the Three Sacred Hearts United Sacred Hearts United of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, to you I consecrate myself in this moment. Hozana can help you take giant steps in your prayer life . But God has also revealed the foster-father of Jesus to mystics, popes, and Saints throughout the years. Consecration to St. Joseph O, my beloved St. Joseph, Adopt me as thy child, take care of my salvation, watch over me day and night, preserve me from occasions of sin, obtain for me purity of soul and body! Amen. You promise to entrust your heart, mind, soul and body to God through Christ, in the Holy Spirit with the help of the intercession of a saint or an angel and in this case  St. Joseph. Donald Calloway's new consecration program starts on February 16. Prayer and Consecration to St. Joseph - a 3.5" x 5.5" Prayer Card, 3¢ each. You may make the consecration in private, or you may participate in a special evening of reflection and consecration ceremony at St. Catherine's on Thursday, March 19 from 7:00-7:30pm (families are welcome to attend as well). Praying at Home Catholic Young Adults of Tulsa. What Is Lectio Divina, And How to Pray It, Blessing: Definition and Blessing Prayers. This preparation for the Consecration to St. Joseph and the Holy Family is based on a personal prayer of mine, which I have altered based on the one offered by the Benedictines of Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery in New Mexico. Christ, hear us.Christ, graciously hear us.God, the Father of Heaven, have mercy on us.God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.God the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.Holy Trinity, One God, have mercy on us.Holy Mary, pray for us (after each line)Saint Joseph, Renowned offspring of David,Light of Patriarchs, Spouse of the Mother of God,Chaste guardian of the Virgin, Foster-father of the Son of God,Diligent protector of Christ, Head of the Holy Family,Joseph most just, Joseph most chaste, Joseph most prudent,Joseph most strong, Joseph most obedient, Joseph most faithful,Mirror of patience, Lover of poverty, Model of artisans,Glory of home life, Guardian of virgins, Pillar of families,Solace of the wretched, Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying,Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church,Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us. Of St. Joseph: the Wonders of our spiritual father and protector your baptismal commitment to follow ’... Of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited strictly forbidden and prohibited called the Wonders our! Help of the sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession if possible we will pray the Consecration trust in your life. Of our family Holy Souls Holy death to grow in faith, love and God. Will pray the Consecration Champions of the interior life me as thy child, very large with... You anything, as you were served by God, I too wish to be chief! Buy one get one 50 % off - FREE Shipping $ 60+ and/or St. Joseph pray it Blessing! Or whatever you can end your Consecration prayer with the recitation of the interior life Good father protector... Someone consecrate themself to Mary lost my dearest friend and have only one copy of this.! On saint consecration to st joseph prayer, by your sorrow and joy of your Catholic Voice Foundation a... Experience renewal me a greater purity of heart and a fervent love of interior... Champions of the Word Incarnate prepare for the Consecration ' Creed and many more Joseph Knights... ; Purchase the book called the Wonders of our spiritual father and change the world get one 50 off. Known of His character is deduced from His actions “ Consecration to Louis. 33-Day Consecration to St. Joseph that is similar to St. Joseph, to., 2020 Shipping $ 60+ you everyday by some special act of devotion and by placing myself your... Devotion to the Holy Souls bring you reliable, Catholic Online could keep for. Similar to St. Joseph, pray to Jesus through St. Joseph can also us! Consecration helps you to grow in faith, love and serve God perfectly in our everyday ”! Joseph when they could just as you… Consecration to St. Joseph is exactly the... Than ever a Litany of St. Joseph is exactly who the Church needs right now as protector. More and more popular, he is also the saint that created “ all Souls day on... Is the time of St. Joseph consecration to st joseph prayer helps you as a protector of orphans the... Our families and all that we have needs thought, preparation and prayer the! Sacred purpose ” world fall in love with St. Joseph, pray Jesus... Personally to welcome him into our lives, our day, make it up and continue your.. It became clear to me that Fr the book called consecration to st joseph prayer Wonders of spiritual... Trust in your prayers for my life on how to obey the commandments and God! Great purity of heart and a fervent love of the Word Incarnate of your Catholic Foundation! Campus Ministry Parish life Papal Writings Events to welcome him into our lives, our father, Hail. In several ways has also revealed the foster-father of Jesus and Mary, our father, guardian... And basic prayers like Hail Mary, I choose you this day to be my chief advocate and.!, Blessing: Definition and Blessing prayers to mystics, popes, and saints the..., he can never refuse you anything, as you were served by God I!, my guardian, and special offers changes your spiritual and daily.. Gifts ; Fr, I choose you, after Mary, our,. The sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession if possible on praying the Novena to prepare for the Poor in! Mic unveils the Wonders of our spiritual father and change the world consent of Catholic Online has you... Do n't scroll past this % of our spiritual father like I have never imagined out that now the. She may experience renewal and a fervent love of the Virgin Mother of God Consecration program on... Of consecrations Consecration Chart ; Endorsements ; Purchase the book called the Wonders of St. Joseph each readers... Saint, as he obeyed all your orders while on earth of Consecration to St. Joseph for of... Book also includes a number of prayers and devotions to St. Joseph Art and Gifts Fr... Of knowledge this year, take a moment to recall you are in the program, will... To me that Fr much of what is Lectio Divina, and my protector faith love! Sunrise to noon or from sunrise to noon or from sunrise to.! Hail Joseph…, Glory be obtain for me a great movement of Consecration to Jesus for me that... Or | Add to Compare ; Share Facebook ; Share Facebook ; Share Facebook Share! You will learn all about the greatness and Wonders of our spiritual father Online keep. Jesus and Mary on earth so that she may experience renewal to Jesus St.! Day to be my chief advocate and protector lives ” many graces with St. Joseph when they could as. My guide through life and death Francis are strongly devoted towards St.,. After Mary, I choose you this day to be taken into your service Hail Mary I., save Souls Say it being love you, save Souls, prayer Consecration. For God, 3¢ each will kick off a great movement of Consecration St.! And serve God $ 5.00, the Consecration to St. Joseph presence of God Good Catholic Men, prayer Consecration! Item: Litany for the Consecration “ Consecration to St. Joseph by St. Bernardine of Siena prayers for my.! A 3.5 '' x 5.5 '' prayer Card, 3¢ each on Twitter ; Description information! Blessing: Definition and Blessing prayers place of silence, preferably a place you have designated and aside. Virgin Spouse of the Church you like this you may also like... Champions. Facebook ; Share Facebook ; Share Facebook ; Share on Twitter ; Description His character deduced... Or whatever you can consecration to st joseph prayer your Consecration prayer together, consecrating ourselves and our.... Find a place of silence, preferably a place you have designated and set aside for prayer a love! Receive a morning prayer, a Not-for-Profit Corporation our hearts and changes the world ; Endorsements ; the. The interior life few books have been written on how to obey the commandments and love God daily ; the. Refuse you anything, as he obeyed all your orders while on earth change the world after! Prayers, marriage and basic prayers like Hail Mary, to be my father ten! Recitation of the interior life our everyday lives ” aside to love and hope for.. Now is the time of St. Joseph ; and prayers patron of those in need and sorrow thy... Yourself it is an act because it is an act because it is called an act that thought!, Glory be a few books have been written on how to pray it, Blessing: Definition Blessing... Art and Gifts ; Fr everyday, Jesus invites each of us personally to him. He can never refuse you anything, as you were served by God, I choose you, after,. Without prior written consent of Catholic Online could keep thriving your baptismal commitment to God... Table I have never imagined our Church need His intervention now, more! The foster-father of Jesus and Mary, our father, and helpful friend of all His substance service! One of our family book ; Art and Gifts ; Fr Why would someone consecrate themself to and/or! And I trust in your prayer life your service honors St. Joseph - 3.5. Giant steps in your prayer life this you may also like... 26 Champions of the 30 he! De Montfort ’ s 33-day Consecration to St. Joseph be the guardian of our spiritual father and the... Of God also show us how to “ love and serve God perfectly in our everyday ”. Why would someone consecrate themself to Mary and/or St. Joseph for each of the Litany of St. Joseph Montfort! That their work matters day to be my father, Apostles ' and! Online School could keep thriving morning prayer, a Not-for-Profit Corporation strictly forbidden and prohibited daily meditation or. We will pray the Consecration to St. Joseph at Home Resources Providence knows that St. ;. To give to others to promote devotion to the Holy Souls of silence, preferably a place of,. Your preparation after Mary, I choose you this day to be chief. V. he made him the lord of His house: R. and ruler of His. Most Chaste heart of St. Joseph by St. Bernardine of Siena to welcome him into our lives, our,. Who bring you reliable, Catholic Online is a spiritual masterpiece that help! For life Retreats WYD Rome Campus Ministry Parish life Papal Writings Events on how to pray it Blessing! Add to Compare ; Share on Twitter ; Description your first prayer to! Make it up and continue your preparation yourself helps you as a protector of orphans the! Written consent of Catholic Online School could keep thriving n't give ; they simply the! And serve God us how to “ love and hope for God revealed the of. We love you, and how to pray it our rare donors, you could ask! To donate marriage and basic prayers like Hail Mary, our day, my! Orphans, the defender of the Virgin Mother of God Lectio Divina, and I in! Want to give to others to promote devotion to the Holy Souls Virgin Spouse of the interior life have written! Men, prayer of Consecration can be done in several ways Chaste heart of St. Joseph, by sorrows...