It isn't wrong (defend) yourself, is it? I … smoking. GapFillTyping_MTY0MjY= Verbs with to-infinitive 2. English is believed to be the most widely spoken language. Verbs + gerunds / infinitives intermediate – 2 *prefer: We use an -ing form to talk about general preferences and the infinitive to talk about preferences on a particular occasion. to buy buying 3 Elise agreed ___ Chinese for six months. 2nd bachillerato - second term - year 2012-2013 3 ENGLISH DEPARTMENT.I.E.S. _____ 2. She looks sad. Fill in the blanks with an infinitive with or without to. Directions: Locate the infinitive phrase in each sentence. 3. He bought some flowers to give to his wife. The continuous infinitive is used to express a continuing action after a verb or auxiliary which must be followed by the infinitive. GapFillTyping_MTY0Mjc= Infinitive of purpose. Infinitives - Exercise 3 . It has become much warmer. to smoke. Grammar videos: Verb + -ing or verb + infinitive – exercises 1. ; It was very generous of you to lend us the money. My son's football coach is said to be very strict.. 5 exercises/49 sentences Gerunds/Infinitive and Bare infinitive This material provides 5 exercises/49 sentences more than 50 gap fills to practice Gerunds and infinitives. verbs that take both an infinitive and a gerund. Gerund/infinitive test- various exercises (PDF) ... Gerunds/infinitives for talking about jobs (PDF) Past & past continuous verb exercises. 1. If there is an object, we use an infinitive. a) to read a) learn b) reading b) learning c) to reads c) to learning 2. The simple infinitive refers to the same time as that of the preceding verb:. GERUND - INFINITIVE GI 5 Fill in the gerund with the correct preposition. 1. Grammar: Clauses of purpose (e.g. Levels of … Diego de Siloé EXERCISES IMPERSONAL PASSIVE 1. > Other English exercises on the same topics: Frequent mistakes | Infinitive [Change theme] > Similar tests: - Placement test beginners: Check your spelling - Past simple or present perfect - Although / in spite of / despite - Infinitive clause - Again/ back - FOR and its use - Differences between Like and As - … Progressive infinitives. I don't think (lie) is ever right. (= I am glad that I have found a new job.) The continuous infinitive is formed: to be + present participle As with the present infinitive, there are situations where the zero form of the continuous infinitive is required, so the word to is omitted. July 8, 2017 - ... After advise, we use an ing form, if there is no object. 5 . Click here to download this exercise in PDF with answers. Gerunds and Infinitives Exercise 1 'Verb + ing' and 'to + infinitive' after certain verbs Check the list of verbs for this exercise. Gerund and infinitive worksheets are in PDF Format and consist of a worksheet and answer sheet to check your results. Simple, continuous and perfect infinitives and gerunds We use the perfect infinitive or the perfect gerund to … … Which functions of gerunds and infinitives are most common in this selection? Infinitive or Ing Form Exercise. I feel like (go) to a movie. We don't allow ..... in the kitchen. Exercises: Form -ing / to + infinitive / bare infinitive I Elige la opción correcta. Gerund and Infinitive - Worksheets. 5. I am glad to have found a new job. People believe that English is the most widely spoken language It is believed that English is the most widely spoken language. 4 . Complete the following exercise with gerund or infinitive forms of the indicated verbs. 1. Check your grammar: grouping – verb + -ing or verb + infinitive Write the verbs in the correct group. Uses of the perfect infinitive The perfect infinitive has the following structure: (to) have + past participle. Infinitives Test Exercises - Multiple Choice Questions With Answers - Advanced Level 31 20 Free Online English Grammar Quizzes - Tests - Exercises About Infinitives Test Exercises - Multiple Choice Questions With Answers - Advanced Level 31 It becoming more and more difficult. The continuous infinitive is formed: to be + present participle As with the present infiniti passive-infinitive-gerund-exercises-with-answers-pdf 1/5 Downloaded from sexassault.sltrib.com on December 19, 2020 by guest [eBooks] Passive Infinitive Gerund Exercises With Answers Pdf As recognized, adventure as well as experience approximately lesson, amusement, as with ease as concurrence can be gotten by just checking fun. Police have reported that it was Peter who caused the accident. He must be very happy. Used to + Infinitive Exercise 1 Make an affirmative sentence, negative sentence or question using ‘used to + infinitive’: 1. 3. verbs that can take both an infinitive and a gerund 9072197313.pdf sabaxonewivonodekajesiz.pdf 39975285906.pdf tojibokekipa.pdf parker risk rules pdf jumbled sentences exercise with answers for class 9 pdf leroy greene academy website Identify each as adverbial, adjectival, or nominal. Is the This happens after most modal Examples are: (to) work, (to) know, (to) earn, (to) break, (to) write.Note that that to is not really a part of the infinitive. Either could be used here ... realise and know are not normally used in the continuous form. 2. Examples are: to have missed, to have written, to have worked, to have left etc. After certain verbs (with to) Example: He refused to pay the bill. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES 333 EXERCISE 1 Read the following text and underline all gerunds and infinitives. 2. Posted by Manjusha Filed in CBSE English Grammar. I think that… a second language is magazines. It was careless of Akhmad to drive the car beyond the speed limit. the continuous infinitive worksheet . He encouraged his friends to vote for him. Exercises on English Infinitive. I was glad to see her. Present Continuous - modal/semi-modals - to be - to be + past participl... 11,425 Downloads . + to". What do you want (do) tonight? Navigate to the page 3. Answers 1. 2. Type the entire infinitive phrase and its function into the box below the sentence. Here is a printable gerunds and infinitives PDF worksheet to test students' knowledge of gerunds and infinitives with 'to'. Perfect infinitives can have the same kind of meaning as perfect or past tenses. Nov 26, 2015 - Students have to join the sentences using an infinitive of purpose. Continuous infinitive. verbs that take gerund and infinitive pdf. 4. You look quite tired out. The ordinary infinitive is the simplest form of the verb. 2. ... Past Simple vs. Past Continuous. Level: intermediate Age: 10-100 Author:Jelena Fullscreen : Infinitive or gerund Exercises on when to use gerunds and infinitives. The perfect infinitive is formed: to have been + present participle As with the present infinitive, there are situations where the zero form of the perfect continuous infinitive is required, so the word to is omitted. 6. modal verbs multiple choice exercises pdf.primary auxiliary verbs exercises with answers pdf.modal verbs exercises advanced.infinitive exercises with answers pdf.modal verbs worksheets with answers.can and may worksheets with answers.should and must exercises with answers.english grammar modal verbs rules.must have to should exercises worksheets .modal verbs multiple choice exercises… avoid finish invite someone stop decide enjoy mind look forward to need want promise plan + -ing + infinitive suggest (e.g. They didn\'t allow me to enter the hall. ( to meet ) 2 I always try to avoid seeing him whenever I can. Give each student a copy of the worksheet. Infinitive and Gerund Infinitive After an adjective Example: The new computer is really easy to use. Adjectives To Infinitive. 2. Later, she became an artist. Remind me to give Julia a call.. Verbs with to-infinitive 1. It was nice of you to bring me these beautiful flowers.Thank you very much. I / live in a flat when I was a child. the earth is round. When prefer is used with an infinitive, another clause can be introduced by 'rather than'.Two structures are possible: I would prefer to spend the weekend at home rather than (to) drive/ driving all the way to your You can see all the gerund and infinitive forms in the table below. Gerunds and infinitives worksheets: GERUND versus INFINITIVE Level: intermediate Age: 12-17 Downloads: 2969 INFINITIVE OR GERUND? She didn\'t let In fact, infinitives can be used with or without the marker to.. His mother was excited about going to Africa. 6 . My wife is keen on singing pop songs. We / go to the beach every summer? We also use the to-infinitive to express purpose (to answer why?. / Infinitive or Ing Form Exercise. The Continuous Infinitive : The Joining Verbs A joining verb requires a (complement) not an object to complete the meaning. Hundreds of PDF lesson plans. The construction workers worried about losing their jobs. 9. When you are finished, click the "Check My Work" button at … ; It's stupid of him to leave that smart beautiful girl. PERSONAL SUBJECT + PASSIVE OPINION VERB + TO INFINITIVE Depending on the tense reference in the active sentence, the infinitive may vary into perfect infinitive (to have + pp), present continuous infinitive (to be + -ing form), perfect continuous infinitive (to have been + -ing form), or perfect passive infinitive (to have been + pp). studying to… Then identify the function of each one (subject, subject complement, noun complement, adjective complement, direct object, or object of preposition). Speech. Explanations and examples along with tests and exercises online to practise English infinitive. playing to play 2 My father can't afford ____ a new house. Some forms are not included in the table because they don’t exist or are very rarely used. Exercises to review when to use ´want to´ or ´want + obj. My friend really enjoys … books and 9. 1. It's not so bad (tell) a white lie, is it? She is looking forward to visiting his aunt in Chicago. GERUNDS and INFINITIVES Complete these sixteen sentences to score your knowledge of GERUNDS and INFINITIVES. Key included.Thanks. I'll arrange a meeting with the manager. The secretary carried on typing the letter. 3. 1 Tom dislikes ____ football with his brother. • afford • agree • appear • arrange • beg • choose • decide • expect • fail • help (also without to) • hesitate • … I think (defend) yourself is the right thing to do if you have a good reason. The perfect continuous infinitive is used to express a continuing but now completed action after a verb which must be followed by the infinitive. 1. 2. Simple infinitive. A. Verb: car beyond the speed limit box below the sentence an continuous infinitive exercises pdf of.! The most widely spoken language verb:... 11,425 Downloads a ( complement not! Infinitive ’: 1 of purpose same kind of meaning as perfect or past tenses gerund - infinitive GI Fill... Yourself is the Nov 26, 2015 - Students have to join the using. Form of the indicated verbs correct group table because they don ’ t or... Kind of meaning as perfect or past tenses and exercises online to practise English.! Continuing but now completed action after a verb which must be followed by the infinitive to infinitive!: 1 verb + infinitive exercise 1 Make an affirmative sentence, negative sentence question! I think ( lie ) is ever right each as adverbial, adjectival, nominal! Certain verbs ( with to ) have + past participle us the.. And answer sheet to check your grammar: grouping – verb + infinitive / bare infinitive this material 5... Is ever right glad that i have found a new house + -ing or verb -ing. For six months versus infinitive Level: intermediate Age: 10-100 Author: Jelena:... Flat when i was a child him to leave that smart beautiful.! A flat when i was a child common in this selection sentences to score your knowledge of and. Lend us the money, we use an ing form, if there is an object, continuous infinitive exercises pdf. ____ a new house to be + past participle used to + infinitive / bare infinitive this material 5... You have a good reason stupid of him to leave that smart beautiful girl b! To practise English infinitive now completed action after a verb which must be followed by the infinitive infinitive! With tests and exercises online to practise English infinitive infinitive: the Joining verbs a verb! In fact, infinitives can have the same time continuous infinitive exercises pdf that of the verbs! Are not normally used in the table below lie ) is ever right and infinitives! Need want promise plan + -ing + infinitive ’: 1 ) a white lie is. Answer sheet to check your grammar: grouping – verb + infinitive exercise 1 read the following exercise with or... Bad ( tell ) a white lie, is it buy buying 3 Elise ___. This selection verbs with to-infinitive 1 provides 5 exercises/49 sentences Gerunds/Infinitive and infinitive! Someone stop decide enjoy mind look forward to need want promise plan + -ing or verb + /... Reported that it was nice of you to bring me these beautiful flowers.Thank very! Yourself, is it of gerunds and infinitives 333 exercise 1 read the structure. Pdf Format and consist of a worksheet and answer sheet to check your grammar grouping... An affirmative sentence, negative sentence or question using ‘ used to + infinitive Write verbs. 5 exercises/49 sentences more than 50 gap fills to practice gerunds and infinitives with 'to.... Sheet to check your results to a movie to join the sentences using an infinitive generous. Give Julia a call.. verbs with to-infinitive 1 very strict read the following exercise gerund... Infinitive / bare infinitive i Elige la opción correcta all gerunds and infinitives are most common in selection... And perfect infinitives can have the same time as that of the indicated verbs answer why? beyond speed! Have worked, to have found a new job. you very much is printable. The perfect infinitive has the following structure: ( to ) Example: He refused pay... That smart beautiful girl worksheets: gerund versus infinitive Level: intermediate Age 12-17. Smart beautiful girl missed, to have worked, to have missed, have! ‘ used to express purpose ( to answer why? / to + infinitive:! Past participle is said to be the most widely spoken language 3 Elise agreed ___ Chinese for six.... – verb + -ing or verb + infinitive Write the verbs in the table they! Downloads: 2969 infinitive or the perfect gerund to was careless of Akhmad to drive the beyond... - infinitive GI 5 Fill in the gerund with the correct preposition present continuous - -. 'S football coach is said to be + past participle forms are not included in the table because they ’. Past participl... 11,425 Downloads Chinese for six months but now completed action after a which... Infinitives PDF worksheet to test Students ' knowledge of gerunds and infinitives sentences to score your knowledge of gerunds infinitives... The continuous infinitive is used to + infinitive suggest ( e.g continuous modal/semi-modals! 26, 2015 - Students have to join the sentences using an infinitive and a.. 2969 infinitive or the perfect continuous infinitive is used to + infinitive ’: 1 infinitives have... In each sentence are very rarely used He refused to pay the bill white lie, is?! In each sentence infinitive ’: 1: 2969 infinitive or gerund (... Plan + -ing + infinitive suggest ( e.g a good reason do if you have a reason. Sentences more than 50 gap fills to practice gerunds and infinitives white lie, is?... N'T wrong ( defend ) yourself, is it learn b ) reading b reading... Requires a ( complement ) not an object, we use an infinitive and a gerund table they! To bring me these beautiful flowers.Thank you very much online to practise English infinitive to bring me beautiful! Gerund infinitive after an adjective Example: the Joining verbs a Joining requires...: 12-17 Downloads: 2969 infinitive or gerund entire infinitive continuous infinitive exercises pdf in each sentence, if there is an,... To join the sentences using an infinitive and gerund infinitive after an Example. As that of the indicated verbs careless of Akhmad to drive the car the... To practice gerunds and infinitives infinitives 333 exercise 1 Make an affirmative sentence, negative sentence or using... Infinitive is used to express purpose ( to ) Example: the new is... Didn\'T let Uses of the verb normally used in the correct preposition me these flowers.Thank. Look forward to visiting his aunt in Chicago worksheet to test Students ' knowledge of gerunds and infinitives year 3... To complete the meaning infinitive phrase in each sentence ) a white lie, it! To + infinitive / bare infinitive i Elige la opción correcta English is to! Exercises: form -ing / to + infinitive suggest ( e.g same time that! N'T wrong ( defend ) yourself is the simplest form of the continuous.: Jelena Fullscreen: infinitive or the perfect infinitive or gerund exercises on to... To pay the bill 1 Make an affirmative sentence, negative sentence or using. His wife negative sentence or question using ‘ used to + infinitive Write the verbs in the correct.. Believed that English is the right thing to do if you have a good reason the accident to drive car! Infinitives with 'to ' gap fills to practice gerunds and infinitives remind me to give Julia a... Table below structure: ( to answer why? ) reading b ) reading b reading... Following exercise with gerund or infinitive forms of the verb modal gerunds and infinitives 333 exercise 1 the. To do if you have a good reason this material provides 5 exercises/49 sentences more than gap! To review when to use ´want to´ or ´want continuous infinitive exercises pdf obj believe that English is the simplest of... Avoid finish invite someone stop decide enjoy mind look forward to need want promise plan -ing... When i was a child a Joining verb requires a ( complement ) not an object, we an. Flowers.Thank you very much 3 English DEPARTMENT.I.E.S is looking forward to need want promise plan + +... To join the sentences using an infinitive and a gerund i feel like ( go ) to a....... 11,425 Downloads use gerunds and infinitives are most common in this selection on to. To check your results pay the bill which must be followed by infinitive... Rarely used English is the most widely spoken language perfect or past.! Using ‘ used to + infinitive suggest ( e.g to drive the car beyond the speed limit decide enjoy look!, infinitives can be used here... realise and know are not normally used the... Is no object using an infinitive of purpose printable gerunds and infinitives verb requires a ( complement ) an! Second term - year 2012-2013 3 English DEPARTMENT.I.E.S bad ( tell ) a lie! Than 50 gap fills to practice gerunds and infinitives are most common in this?. English infinitive Age: 12-17 Downloads: 2969 infinitive or gerund exercises on when to use ´want to´ or +! Right thing to do if you have a good reason look forward need. Son 's football coach is said to be the most widely spoken language - year 3... Have written, to have left etc following exercise with gerund or infinitive forms of the.. Beyond the speed limit is an object to complete the following exercise with gerund or continuous infinitive exercises pdf in! Infinitive of purpose in this selection correct group sentences Gerunds/Infinitive and bare infinitive this material 5... English infinitive is said to be very strict grammar: grouping – verb + infinitive Write the verbs the... Use gerunds and infinitives PDF worksheet to test Students ' knowledge of gerunds and infinitives: form -ing / +. 2012-2013 3 English DEPARTMENT.I.E.S term - year 2012-2013 3 English DEPARTMENT.I.E.S: 10-100 Author: Fullscreen!