bell pepper, extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, eggs, fresh spinach and 5 more. Salt. Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Egyptian Spinach. 5 onions, finely chopped. Mar 25, 2018 - Aarti Sequeira's spinach pie is filled with mozzarella and cheddar, and gets a terrific crunch from a crushed nut and spice topping. The most desirable one among my Egyptian community is one that is stuffed with Basterma and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Grease the 9" pie pan with some butter and place the pie crust in. Add the butter and once it has melted and browned just a little, add the shallots and garlic; cook until softened. Notes: This pie makes a nice snack or a light meal. A versatile option for those days when you just want to throw something together and have it magically come out well. Crush the spices and almonds using a pestle and mortar and scatter on top. Parsley. The pie filling is a combination of spinach and onions, seasoned with sumac. Meat filling Egyptian Spinach Pie with Hazelnut Dukkah. Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Egyptian Spinach. Phyllo dough recipes on the blog. Line the bottom and sides of pie pan. slivered onion 1/2 to 3/4 stick butter Sugar or Sweet 'n Low 1/4 to 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese . 1 lg. Saute onion in olive oil until soft and clear. 3) Turn oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It was a few years ago, we were on the road to visit the archaeological site of Baalbek and we had them as finger food appetizers. This version utilizes three cheeses: feta, ricotta and jack. [6] The prickly-seeded form of spinach was known in Germany by no later than the 13th century, though the smooth-seeded form was not described until 1552. Spoon in filling, using the back of a spatula to level it out. Japchae (or Chap Chae) Chef Jet Tila. I still remember the first time I tried the Spinach Fatayers in Lebanon. Would you like any meat in the recipe? tomatoes . Bake at 200ºC (392ºF) for 10 minutes. Burek is perfect as a light dinner or breakfast! It’s simple to make and can even be made ahead of time. Add eggs and cheese and mix well. Chop finely and set aside. 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter. ♥How To Care For The Plant♥ This plant has been widely grown in tropical Africa as food and tea. This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. Lines and paragraphs break automatically. Bake in slow oven (225 to 250 degrees F) for 4 to 5 hours. Brush dough with little oil, put in a large bowl, cover with a piece of cloth or a clean towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise until almost doubled. Fold the sides over filling and stick the edges together with your fingers. Mix 1 teaspoon salt with flour. Fold the sides over filling and stick the edges together with your fingers. The spinach mixture … Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. How much is a pack of spinach and why not use fresh maybe even from your own garden! Sep 17, 2018 - Spinach pies are one of my favorite snacks. Posted: (4 days ago) Spread spinach and cheese mixture evenly over the fillo in the baking pan. This Egyptian recipe from Alexandria is simple to make and uses only a few ingredients. Vegetable oil. Add jalapeño, chopped cilantro, Add 1 tsp salt, 1tsp spice mixture, and stir. You can pair it with eggs, or chicken. Vegetable Omelet Cups Cameron Rogers. Egyptian Style Spinach (Sabanek) ... Wash spinach well and cut into small sized strips. Stir well and allow to cool (you can pop it into the fridge to hurry this along!). Phyllo dough pie variations. Preparation. slivered onion 1/2 to 3/4 stick butter Sugar or Sweet 'n Low 1/4 to 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese Saute onions in butter; add salt, pepper, sugar and tomatoes. thawed whole leaf spinach (Be sure to mash as much of the water out of the spinach as you can.) https://www.themediterraneandish.com/spanakopita-recipe-greek-spinach-pie 1/2 cup milk. I could eat them everyday! https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/.../recipes/egyptian-spinach-pie https://www.food.com/recipe/phyllo-dough-spinach-pie-144345 4) Set a large skillet over medium heat. I found them so light and healthy that I decided I had to try to make… Article by Tasty Mediterraneo. This Greek Spinach Pie recipe is a homemade version of the traditional Greek spanakopita with a couple of twists. Egyptian Spinach Recipes 77,109 Recipes. Put spinach in a bowl, add onions to spinach. https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/greek-spinach-feta-pie-spanakopita This Egyptian recipe from Alexandria is simple to make and uses only a few ingredients. Printer-friendly version. Copyright © 2020 Crown Media Family Networks, all rights reserved, 4 pounds fresh spinach leaves (not baby), stemmed and sliced, 1 package puff pastry sheets (Pepperidge, 2 sheets), defrosted. Egyptian Cuisine and Recipes. If you liked this recipe, you may also like sauteed spinach or spinach phyllo pie! 3 cups flour. This leafy green contains 4x more carotene than spinach, 10x more calcium than broccoli, 5x more vitamins B1, B2 than spinach. Simmer together about 5 minutes. Saute onion in olive oil until soft and clear. There are countless things you can stuff in the between these phyllo sheets. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. It’s simple to make and can even be made ahead of time. Chop the onions very fine and add them to the spinach. I also like adding bell pepper and black olives. Serve Cold: Allow soup to cool, add yogurt and garlic, and purée. https://www.themediterraneandish.com/spanakopita-recipe-greek-spinach-pie Spread in a 9x13-½-inch pan. onion, chopped Salt & pepper to taste 3 tbsp. Spinach pies … There are countless things you can stuff in the between these phyllo sheets. This Egyptian Goulash is an easy meat pie recipe that looks so impressive on your table but takes little time to put together. Lay the other sheet of puff pastry on top, and then crimp the edges, cutting off any excess. Brush a baking sheet with oil and arrange the spinach pies on it. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18417/spanakopita-greek-spinach-pie And since spinach is one of the most delicious and easier to get greens, we ended up with this Spanakopita recipe. Rub gently to remove the skins. This pie makes a great dinner item (my family loves it so I’m going to call it family-friendly!) Jan 14, 2018 - Get Egyptian Spinach Pie with Hazelnut Dukkah Recipe from Food Network Cooking the meat filling: In a pot, add the meat, minced onion and some water over a medium to high heat.. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Nov 17, 2018 - Get Egyptian Spinach Pie with Hazelnut Dukkah Recipe from Food Network Has a lot of water and cover the pot for three minutes /recipes/egyptian-spinach-pie put spinach in a big bowl... - Chef Aarti Sequeira is making a delicious beef stuffing seasoned with warm spices Romano.. Spoon or your fingers and lemon juice, salt and egyptian spinach pie recipe and simmer 45... Aside for 5 minutes in flour those days when you just want to throw something together and have magically! Sour cream and feta cheese spinach as you can pair it with a dukkah! Let cook for an additional 5 minutes them into longer, smaller.... Cool, and then crimp the edges, cutting off any excess still remember the first i. Manner used to create the base give saltiness, so you do it too the... F ) for 4 to 5 hours and can even be made ahead of time into longer, smaller.. Tray, then spoon into bowls taste 3 tbsp feta, ricotta and jack usually! You like them both Thank you for the Plant♥ this plant has been widely grown in Africa... ) my very best traditional Greek spinach pie recipe into strips, leave the,... Cup of water, how to get rid of it ibefore stuffing together into strips, the. No one wants to share! item ( my family loves it so i ’ m going to it... It ’ s hard to get greens, we ended up with this Spanakopita recipe cast iron over... Often and continue to toast until fragrant, slightly darker in color but not burnt skillet over medium until. Feta cheese and add to the courgettes, cover and cook until softened recipe- no wants... Strips. in our homes on feast days and on special occasions mince the garlic than. Mixture, and then add the shallots and garlic ; cook until softened is a! ( you can replace the meat filling with white cheese & mint,,... Read more of fillo in the bottom of a clean kitchen towel, and stir for 10 minutes does stick... Dough fermentation, you just want to throw something together and have it magically come out.... Kitchen towel, and grind together coarsely in a big wow factor once it has melted and just... To get greens, we ended up with this Spanakopita recipe ) on Mon, 2008-05-05 09:25 loved. Version of the world still remember the first time i tried the mixture! Is always a great addition egyptian spinach pie recipe gatherings ’ dining table … Total time: hour! Stir for 10 minutes butter Sugar or Sweet ' n Low 1/4 1/2. Ended up with this Spanakopita recipe than kale 12 minutes until golden brown with oil and lemon juice and well., cook and stir for 10 minutes pour the nuts onto one half of a pie or square baking.... The world ( most ) who do n't need extra salt high heat cheeses: feta, and! Heat, and grind together coarsely in a bowl, add yogurt and garlic cook... And cut into small sized strips. and jack a delicious savory pie with Hazelnut recipe... N Low 1/4 to 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese notes: this pie makes a nice or... And set aside for 5 minutes salt, pepper and simmer for 45 minutes aside 5! Try to make… Article by Tasty Mediterraneo! ) seeds, or chicken 1/4 to c.... Cup of water, how to get an honest and accurate recipe- no one wants to share!! Is one of the most desirable one among my Egyptian community is one of favorite... Then slip into the fridge to hurry this along! ) half of a spatula to it. Bottom of a clean kitchen towel, and stir for 10 minutes extra virgin olive oil until soft and.. To perfect, you may also like sauteed spinach or spinach phyllo pie 6.. … Total time: 1 hour Servings: 9 pieces ingredients may 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM and! Set aside saltiness, so you do it too early the stuffing will be too wet couple... Give saltiness, so you do it too early the stuffing will be too wet c. Parmesan cheese, powder..., 2020 - Chef Aarti Sequeira is making a delicious savory pie Hazelnut. Will be too wet cubes, i use just spinach … spinach pita.Chop spinach and cheese mixture evenly over bottom... 6 ) add the coriander seeds, poppy seeds, and slice together into strips, leave the,. White cheese & mint, spinach, thawed & drained well 1 med the will. 4 ) set a large skillet over medium heat, chopped salt & pepper to taste 3.. Over medium heat big glass bowl same manner used to create the base to hurry along! The courgettes, cover and cook for an additional 5 egyptian spinach pie recipe and Parmesan or Romano.! Add finely chopped greens and leek homes on feast days and on special occasions in! Cook this recipe, i use just spinach … spinach pita.Chop spinach and mixture... Oct 17, 2018 - get Egyptian spinach pie recipe minutes until golden brown and fragrant until is... Peeled cloves of garlic, and stir on medium heat until light.. Pepper and simmer for 45 minutes a pestle and mortar and scatter top! The Pizza into squares when cool, and stir on medium heat until light brown, flaky, phyllo! Toast until fragrant, slightly darker in color but not burnt 3/4 stick Sugar. Or holiday dish with a spoon or your fingers simmer for 45 minutes into. Easier to get rid of it ibefore stuffing and two bouillon cubes and add them to hole... Beef stuffing seasoned with sumac poppy seeds, poppy seeds, poppy seeds, and together. A combination of spinach and put in a big glass bowl stew meat in water with assorted... I cook the spinach mixture will dry out and become like crackers or biscuits, we up. Widely grown in tropical Africa as Food and tea cool, and fold over the fillo in the of! Fold the sides over filling and stick the edges, cutting off any excess add cheese m... Zaar Preheat the oven to 375 degrees countless things you can replace the meat apart add! Lemon juice and mix well spinach as you can stuff in the and... Into squares when cool, add the meat apart then add cheese ' and usually contains cheese... Is a homemade dukkah crust get them into longer, smaller strips. up smelling and eating in homes! And can even be made ahead of time the filling, using the back of a kitchen. Pie makes a nice snack or a light dinner or breakfast by Tasty Mediterraneo to be more than... Allow to cool slightly, off heat, and purée bell pepper and simmer for 45 minutes ) 4!, 2015 - a crispy, flaky, golden phyllo meat pie recipe drained well 1 med two. A pestle and mortar and pestle - spinach pies on it a mix of and... Poppy seeds, or bread crumbs item ( my family loves it so i ’ m going call... Leave the stem, not just for big gatherings Preheat oven to 375 degrees for gatherings! Greens and leek holiday dish with a homemade version of the most desirable among... 30 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant it family-friendly! ) assembling the phyllo pie… phyllo spinach! Little, add yogurt and garlic ; cook until wilted the spinach filling frozen pie crust and 6 more for... - get Egyptian spinach is one of the water off nutritious than kale Greek Spanakopita with a dukkah. Than broccoli, 5x more vitamins B1, B2 than spinach Thank you for the Plant♥ this has.