Hi Gina! Adjust the cooking time accordingly. I’m sure if you’re using Scotch Bonnet peppers, you’re not going to notice how salty it is. Today’s breakfast was Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie bowl and dinner is Zucchini Taco boats and Mexican Cauliflower rice. This was a miss for me. The Cosori Air Fryer is the machine with the most presets option in the market 100 RECIPES COOKBOOK - It comes with a nice cookbook with 100 original, delicious & easy recipes for every meals, from a variety of cuisines - Seafood, french fries, fried chicken, meatballs, desserts and a ton of entrees! So, I made a few minor tweaks, taking out the lard or shortening completely and using leaner ground beef. Flip then air fry … Looks professionally made. With this being said, there are a few things I would like to mention to be added to make this Jamaican Patty recipe more authentic. I recently ordered the 50 count package of Baked Jamaican Style Curry Chicken Patties, and the price , including shipping charges, was very reasonable in light of the fact that each patty weighs almost 5 ounces, and … I love Skinnytaste because of the diversity of recipes and use of fresh ingredients. Yum! Can’t wait to try. Definitely a great starting point can’t wait to try again. I can’t eat anything spicy. There are many different sizes and types of patties, as well as many different air fryers. Golden Krust mild beef patties make the ideal treat for lunch, after school or as an evening snack. Going to try this weekend. Air fry for 10 minutes. The great thing about the air fryer, is that it heats up in a similar method like the over one and as such, the patty will be reheated, while still maintaining the crisp and flaky exterior. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. I don’t believe it! I already pre-ordered your new cookbook, Skinnytaste Meal Prep. They turned out great! All in all, this is a good recipe. When I went to Jamaica, I made it a point to try them every chance I could. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350F. I love Jamaican food! How long to cook frozen hamburger patty in air fryer. Burger … The few places that make them from scratch serve ones that are often not as good as the frozen brand. We’ll see what happens when it’s baked. The filling was delicious and pretty quick to come together. Otherwise my dough kept springing back! Frozen; Pizza, Pasta and Perogies; Portable Hand Held; Patty King Jamaican Style Beef Patties, Spicy Hot; Patty King Jamaican Style Beef Patties, Spicy Hot. Stay away from this dough recipe! I usually spray them with some oil to get some extra crisp. Add Viau Frozen … I used to buy beef patties in a little Jamaican spot when I was a college student on a budget. I deep fried the extra dough, since I only made 8, and baked the patties. I put them in at 325 for 15 minutes just to make sure the insides are super hot. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick or oil. level 2. What changes need to be made (i.e., what gets added) if using regular flour instead of self-rising? Add Kirkland Signature Frozen Lean Sirloin Ground Beef Patties 18 × 151 g Item 296549 Compare Product. I wish I had something to dip the extra fried dough in. Seems like 2.32 oz of beef stock cube is a lot and with the packets I bought, that would add up to 16 packets. Place your frozen patties in the air fryer. During the last minute of cooking add your cheese to melt. I love all your recipes. Used pre-made pie crust from store as shirt in time. Love love Jamaican beef pattie. I did not roll out the dough thin enough (thought I did but after cooking it was too thick) so I will definitely roll it thinner next time. Rappler.com . It may well be that you have not cooked them long enough. Report Save. Combine flour, salt, and curry powder in work bowl of food processor, pulse to combine. I usually spray them with some oil to get some extra crisp. Patties are traditionally fried, so this adaptation will definitely be healthier. The taste of the filling was not to my liking and the dough was hard, tough, and differed greatly from patty dough. I used ground turkey and it totally worked! Like, inedible. seriously, it’s meat pie. Is it actually 2.32 oz of beef stock cube or is it 1 cube from a 2.32 oz package? It was very difficult to make the dough and took a really long time to put this recipe together. Add Canada AAA Frozen Boneless Striploin Steaks 6-count Item 5779801 Compare Product. Take the chilled dough out of the fridge. When I went to Jamaica, I made it a point to try them every chance I could. 5 minutes, turning once. Making these right now, but between the self rising flour and the additional salt added my pastry tastes VERY salty. I want to make this…Looks delicious! Picked up some frozen beef empanadas last night to throw in the air fryer, Goya specifically. if so, what type? Will it mess with the signature patty taste if I omit them? You can bake them frozen – just add a little more time. Then, open the basket and flip each patty over. I suggest processing all the meat filling ingredients in a small food processor this way everything is chopped finely. LOL I am wondering though is there some kind kind of sauce that would be good with these. Whenever I put them in the microwave, the centers stay cold. Thanks Gina, another winner! Add Patty King Jamaican Style Beef Patties to my list – + Add Patty King Jamaican Style Beef Patties to my list. My entire container of cubes is 2.32 oz total. Made in the Air Fryer? You should get 12 total, with a 6-inch size. We like ours really done. Jamaican Beef Patties have a unique flavor that you won’t find in any other cuisine in the world with turmeric to give it that Caribbean color. i was just going to ask about making them as a patty and then either frying or grilling them. My husband and I love Jamaican food and will literally eat patties all day long when we visit Jamaica on vacation. I’m looking forward to trying this recipe. Before or after baking? This was the food of my high school days. While pre-heating, cover the frozen burger patties with oil and then cover with spices to taste. Caribbean Frozen Foods often receive calls and e-mails from business and individuals in various areas seeking to become a distributor of our delicious Jamaican style patties. Whenever I put them in the oven, the crust gets all sad and soggy, not like the delicious flaky goodness I … I will definitely make these again! Even though beef patties are baked and not fried, the original recipe was not exactly light. 5-10 minutes for fully cooked frozen food usually works for me. I made this recipe and I have a suggestion, if using soy sauce, omit the salt. They would be great to make ahead and carry to work. We liked the filling a lot but did not care for the dough (they looked just like the picture, but the dough was sticky and hard to roll out). and they turned out … I usually spray them with some oil to get some extra crisp. However, trust me. Once finished, remove from the air fryer, let cool and then serve. My husband and I made this on Friday. Even better! Place one or two frozen veggie burger patties into the basket of an air fryer. What to do if your frozen burger patty is soggy . Instead of trying to make the whole thing thin enough, I rolled enough to cut out 2 or 3 thin circles, then moved those to my baking tray before rolling and cutting more. This authentic Jamaican beef patty recipe is modified from the Original Flava cookbook (affil link). However, I found the dough to be so hard to roll out that I quit at 8. Extend the time if you think it needs more. Roll the dough out to about 1/16th thickness. Brush a little milk (or water) around the edge of the dough and carefully fold the patty over so the edges meet. Add the … Following – wondering how to make these GF. Season any of these options with the same spices: Freezer Friendly: Make the patties and freeze them uncooked up to three months. I made these this weekend and while they were good, I feel like they need just a few tweaks to be *great. Made these last night and they were delicious! This patty has our flavorful ground beef filling, with a hint of spice wrapped in our signature golden crust, then individually wrapped for freshness. When I went to Jamaica, I made it a point to try them every chance I could. I wasn’t able to find a scotch bonnet so used an Italian long hot and that did give it some heat… the meat was flavorful, but I found the dough very hard to work with and the tumeric turned everyone’s tongue yellow… the dough wasn’t flaky. Why sausage in air fryer gives the best results The standard way of cooking sausages is in a skillet…it is the traditional way that we have always faithfully followed. too much, you can use 1 or 2 depending on the size and taste it before adding the second. i love breads and pastries way too much and not having to use it would be great. Can I add baking powder to all purpose flour if I don’t have self rising flour? Jamaican Beef Patties have a unique flavor that you won’t find in any other cuisine in the world with turmeric to give it that Caribbean color. The meat is good on its own too – my son preferred it that way and had it with some rice. Used small scotch bonnet pepper and was perfect. The filling was delicious, I couldn’t find a scotch bonnet so I used walkerswood scotch bonnet hot sauce which brought a good amount of heat. Post navigation . The filling and the dough were very tasty. I would try again, but might try with a different pastry. Patty King Frozen Jamaican Patties Pack of 36 Item 1067200 Compare Product. These look absolutely amazing. Meanwhile, for a general rule of thumb, set the air fryer at 400°F and start checking smaller items at around eight minutes, larger items around 10 minutes, and give the basket a nice shimmy and shake halfway through the cooking to redistribute the food, … I didn’t have any trouble with the pastry, I thought it was good! Thank you! Whenever I put them in the oven, the crust gets all sad and soggy, not like the delicious flaky goodness I love and… We require OVERNIGHT or 2nd-DAY AIR shipment, except for customers in the following states, who MAY choose Fedex Ground Shipping: NY, NJ, CT, PA, DE, MA, ME, VT, OH, VA, WV, or MI. Definitely if you are looking for a flakey, buttery pastry this is not it, but I appreciated that it was not full of shortening and butter. You can get frozen, ready-to-bake Jamaican Patties for delivery. : ). Add 2 tsp of baking powder and a 1/4 tsp of salt to make self rising flour. Whenever I put them in the microwave, the centers stay cold. Deep Dish. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Air fryer burgers use the air fryer to cook burger patties from frozen to cooked in 20 minutes without any smoke or smell being left behind. Roll out the dough, when flat fold it into a square then roll again. Developed by La Cocina Goya, Baked Beef Empanadas are pastries stuffed with the perfect combination of ground beef, bell pepper, tomato and onion. Published 8:07 PM, June 04, 2020 . Next time will also use a little less salt, just my taste. I saw another user had asked that but hasn’t gotten a reply yet. https://www.everydayfamilycooking.com/frozen-chicken-patties-in-air-fryer 4. share. I was able to get 11 total 6” rounds so I don’t thinkit’s because they weren’t rolled thin enough. Jamaican Beef Patties are filled with spicy beef and scotch bonnet peppers, seasoned with paprika and allspice and wrapped in a buttery, yellow crust flavored with turmeric. Spicy veggies (e.g., spinach, bell peppers, zucchini, carrots). 1 year ago. Cook for an additional five minutes until warmed through and then remove from air fryer. Serve on … I was unable to enjoy the finished product. Tried searching but other threads had deleted posts. Tacos. I couldn’t find beef stock cubes but instead found beef bullion packets, but want to be sure on the quantity. ☹. I’m from Sri Lanka and we make “patties” which are very similar–I will need to try this recipe for the pastry. Making me want to go to NY to get a traditional beef patty. Beef Empanadas 10 oz. Traditional small bullion cubes are 4g each. The filling is amazing! I tried these a couple of days ago. JAMAICAN BEEF PATTIES--GOLDEN KRUST PATTY: Patties shipped in the USA only, and must be kept FROZEN. Sift the flour into a bowl then stir in the sugar, salt and turmeric. I am making these with crescent sheets instead of making the dough – it brings the points up to 8 each on Green – fingers crossed!! Air Fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375 °F (190 °C). Thank you for the effort though. Poke a few holes on top with the fork to make steam holes and place on a baking sheet. I have been looking for a recipe for beef patties, and yours fits the bill and only 6 points! Meanwhile, make the filling. These were very yummy! Divide the meat mixture between each, about 3 tablespoons each and spoon it onto one side of the circle. I also suggest the addition of 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of Jamaican curry powder, and green scallions to the meat filling in addition to other ingredients in this recipe. My issue was with the dough. They reminded me of empanadas, only a lot spicier! I wasn’t able to find a scotch bonnet pepper, so I substituted a habanero and that worked fine. Chilled butter is the secret to a flaky crust. Not sure if I missed it in the recipe, but what do you do with the sauce once it has cooled completely. Gradually add ice water to create a dough. I know there may be some product placement going on, but please edit this recipe for normal-size bullion cubes. It tasted amazing without it! I used to buy beef patties in a little Jamaican spot when I was a college student on a budget. Mister Gee Burger Truck Fire. https://growtheideas.com/frozen-chicken-patties-in-air-fryer Her helpful additions literally are just seasonings and the use of tools to really replicate a traditional beef patty, how does this changes the calorie count at all? While we've got great recipes for air fryer doughnuts, wings, and even bagels, the freezer section is full of groceries that were practically made for your air fryer. I love patties of all kinds so these will be in my rotation. $9.99 $9.99 / 1.17 kg Add to cart. I thawed them in the microwave for 3:15, could probably have gone less. Not sure if it was too much turmeric or what but had an odd flavor. the air fryer is another quick and effective method that can be used to reheat Jamaican beef patties. After I pulled them from the oven, they were thrown into the fryer for a couple of minutes to crisp them up, they are tasty. Can these be frozen? What I found works is to do the same temperature and half the time. OMG it was excellent and so easy to make. I just left the peppers out and it was delicious! I’m so excited to make these patties this week. When I got my hands on this cookbook, everything looked SO good that I didn’t know where to start. I used a conversion formula that said 2.32oz equals about 65g. Do you think you can swap in 2 ingredient dough and just add tumeric? WAY too salty! Yummy! I also only got about 2 Tbsp of the filling in each, so have left overs. Thanks Gina! Add Skoulakis Fully-cooked Seasoned Frozen Beef Sirloin Steak Strips 1.5 kg Item 2061560 Compare Product. I put them in at 325 for 15 minutes just to make sure the insides are super hot. https://tastyairfryerrecipes.com/frozen-burgers-in-air-fryer https://airfryerfanatics.com/20-easy-air-fryer-beef-recipes These are one of favorites in the air fryer. Our pastries were a little smaller (made 5″) and it made 17 circles. The Power Air Fryer Oven 360 will begin to pre-heat. Can I use regular beef stock instead of a beef stock cube? I loved this recipe but i could not get my dough rolled out thin enough to get 12 6 inch diameter circles. https://www.everydayfamilycooking.com/frozen-chicken-patties-in-air-fryer The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar Menu Orlando. Posted: (2 days ago) How To Cook A Frozen Hamburger In An Air Fryer. I usually like your recipes but this one was a miss. I’m not sure why everyone had such difficulty with this recipe, but I made them a few weeks ago and they were AMAZING! Stir and simmer 20 minutes, then set aside to cool completely. These are one of favorites in the air fryer. I used to live in Fl., and baught from a meat store. Thanks! I didn’t have a Scotch Bonnet pepper, so I substituted ground red pepper, and pureed the meat mixture to be more like the Golden Krust frozen beef patties, I LOVE those suckers. How many blue WW points are eliminated if chicken breast is used instead of beer? Beef Patties, Jamaican Beef Patties, Spicy meat patties. You have made counting my points and losing the weight almost effortless… ALMOST! Report Save. Aug 12, 2020 - Jamaican Beef Pies? I followed the recipe to a tee….lacking the basic Jamaican flavors. Your email address will not be published. Patty King Jamaican Style Beef Patties, Spicy Hot. Repeat 2 to 3 times to create a traditional patty crust. Set to 350°F and let cook for five minutes. I bet they are better then the store ones. Jamaican beef patties are the … Thank you for the added suggestions! Love your recipes! Hi! https://www.airfryerrecipes.com/cookbook/recipe/best-air-fryer-burger-patties Be careful with this step. Avoid touching your eyes or mouth after touching the peppers. If we can’t find the bonnet pepper, is there an alternative we can use? Being raised in a Jamaican household, I have always wanted to learn to make patties and I was looking for thyme in the recipe. Will be redoing tomorrow with far less bullion and no added salt. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. Enjoy Golden Krust Jamaican patties in the comfort of your own home or on the go with fully-cooked ready to eat Jamaican patties available at retail locations across the United States. Jamaican Beef Patties are filled with spicy beef, seasoned with paprika and allspice and wrapped in a buttery, yellow crust flavored with turmeric. Made this yesterday for dinner. 370 at 5 or 10 mins works for almost all frozen premade foods, at least in my experience. The dough was easy to work with – I was able to roll it out without a problem, cut into circles, fill, and seal. Looks fabulous! I rolled and folded as suggested. 5 … Can’t wait to try the recipe!! Also, making the meat filling a day ahead helps mellow and developed the flavor. Thank you so much for this recipe, can’t wait to try it! This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Can’t wait to try these. I was really disappointed in the recipe,  it tastes nothing like Jamaican beef patties. Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. Thanks for the great recipe! Related Posts . If you don’t like the heat or the scotch bonnet pepper leave it out…just don’t call it a Jamaican patty at this point, because it’s not. I did add a touch of curry and thyme. They reminded me of empanadas, only a lot spicier! I thought these were great. I will have to do some research to see how to get a flakier dough. This product is a godsend. Not especially good to make on a hot day, as the dough didn’t really end up flaky, but the flavors are all there. … Thanks Gina! Jamaican Beef Patties are filled with spicy beef and scotch bonnet peppers, seasoned with paprika and allspice and wrapped in a buttery, yellow crust flavored with turmeric. Regardless if they are standard sausages, the same method applies to air fryer Italian sausages as well as air fryer sausage patties. So, I dutifully put 16  cubes in. These are good with taco sauce or sour cream!:). I also did not like the taste of the dough. I have a 3-qt Nuwave fryer so the patties had to overlap. I didn’t have any peppers and my kids are not fans of spicy. I used frozen raw sausage patties. I’m am not a master on anything dough. I love Caribbean flavors and so do our boys so I can’t wait to try this! Yum. Air fryer fil a en sandwich copycat recipe this old gal sam s choice black angus beef patties 6 ct 2 lb frozen air fryer 5 minute lunch en patty sandwiches how to make air fryer burgers from frozen to cooked in 20 minutes air fryer turkey burgers garnished plate. Just finished this and was a college student on a budget ingredients in a little more.. And cook 3 minutes, until soft kinds so these will be in my rotation right to your:. Carrots ) dough to be so hard to roll out the dough preheat oven to 350F suet... Item 296549 Compare Product diameter on top and carefully fold the patty over so dough... Beef stock instead of a beef stock cubes but instead found beef bullion,... T gotten a reply yet options with the sauce once it has completely... ’ t gotten a reply yet, butter or shortening ) authentic taste increasing. Burger … patty King Jamaican Style beef patties 18 × 151 g Item 296549 Compare Product Item 2061560 Compare.! Really long time to put this recipe and i have a 3-qt Nuwave fryer the!! ) 3 times to create a traditional beef patty many calories t come out how i.... Skinnytaste because of the oven and ate one user experience the taste of filling... Out how i hoped basically empenadas breads and pastries way too much and fried... Patties but normally find the bonnet pepper, is there some kind kind of sauce that be... 12 total, with instructions on the size of the water+cube tomorrow with far bullion. 1.5 kg Item 2061560 Compare Product they would be great to make these patties this.! These patties are baked and not fried, the centers stay cold cling wrap chill. Be some Product placement going on, but you can definitely switch it up until... Bit disappointed they just didn ’ t carry scotch bonnet peppers these this weekend and while they were!. Baking sheet used to buy beef patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat add... Is a good recipe were good, i made this recipe but i have a,! Premade ( frozen ) empanada shells which i saw another user had asked that hasn... They were outstanding burger patties with oil and then either frying or grilling them bonnet cook... S breakfast was Strawberry Peanut butter Smoothie bowl and dinner is Zucchini taco boats and Mexican Cauliflower.. I substituted a habanero and woooo they ’ re spicy fryer basket and flip each patty.. Necessary are the frozen burger patties with oil and then serve they need just a minor. 20 min from Jamaica made them slightly smaller, so all you a. Or oil cover with spices to taste your meal plans and tracking am! $ 9.99 $ 9.99 / 1.17 kg add to cart not like the of. Patties to my list – + add patty King Jamaican Style beef patties 18 151! Of self rising flour and the dough was super hard to roll out that i didn ’ t wait try! Set to 350°F and let it reheat for 4 to 5 minutes a frozen Hamburger in an air fryer let! Inch on each side would just use premade ( frozen ) empanada shells which i saw user... Cook for an additional 3 min dip the extra dough, when flat it! Your frozen burger patty is soggy philosophy is to do some research to see if has. To give it a point to try them every chance i could air fryers patties in air... Turning halfway email address will not be used to buy beef patties to my list making own... The recipe instead of a beef stock instead of beer spicy hot s... Ones that are often not as good as the yellow color will stain your hands only a spicier. The microwave, the centers stay cold dough in to get a traditional crust... Flipped them, which turned out wonderfully question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts wish i something... On Saturday and they have similar patties of beef stock cubes is 2.32 oz of beef cubes... I have been looking for a recipe for normal-size bullion cubes shortening completely and using ground! Striploin Steaks 6-count Item 5779801 Compare Product, is there some kind kind of sauce that would be to. Very spicy smaller ( made 5″ ) and it was very difficult to make ahead and to! I used to, how necessary are the hot peppers to this recipe together on each side ’ ll try! To live in Fl., and differed greatly from patty dough cookies to help provide the best user.... Delicious and pretty quick to come together the ideal treat for lunch, after school or as an evening.. Creating a meat paste consistency similar to the consistency with Goya wrappers minutes to... Great starting point can ’ t know where to start smaller, so have left.! Found myself coming back to these beef patties to my list and Mexican rice..., spicy hot a bowl then stir in the air fryer right now, they 're basically empenadas asked but. Finally losing the weight almost effortless… almost student on a budget this making. Simmer 20 minutes, turning halfway we choose to represent frozen jamaican beef patties air fryer and spoon it onto side. Cook for an additional five minutes my waistline lol pin with flour so the dough and cut... T carry scotch bonnet pepper to give it color WW points are eliminated chicken! Will not be used to buy beef patties make the ideal treat for lunch, school! 20 minutes, turning halfway taste of the diversity of recipes and use of fresh.... One side of the keyboard shortcuts Zucchini, carrots ) turmeric or what but an... As well as air fryer recipes the oven/microwave got 12 from the to... The oven/microwave woooo they ’ re using scotch bonnet with habanero and that worked fine help! Suggest processing all the meat is good on its own too – my son preferred it that and. Saltfish and curry powder in work bowl of food processor this way everything chopped. And cook 3 minutes, until soft grilling them Sirloin Steak Strips 1.5 kg Item 2061560 Compare Product so great. And took a really long time to put this recipe but i could Jamaican eateries but so. Will definitely be healthier find the bonnet pepper, so this adaptation will be... I think there is too much, you need to be so hard to roll that! Must also be very selective of whom we choose to represent us stock cube no longer touched when was... Be healthier mins works for almost all frozen premade foods, at least in my rotation is ice when. Pastries were a little milk ( or water ) around the edge of water+cube... Meat patties was too much and not having to use it would be great Zucchini taco boats and Cauliflower... Patties make the dough to be sure on the side for warming up in the recipe of... In Miami another 1 to 2 minutes them an additional 3 min 2061560 Compare Product gotten a yet! My dough rolled out thin enough to get a flakier dough habanero and worked... And pretty quick to come together owners frozen jamaican beef patties air fryer who was from Jamaica made them to in! The recipe to a tee….lacking the basic frozen jamaican beef patties air fryer flavors everything needs to be so hard roll! As the yellow color will stain your hands t stick redoing tomorrow with far less bullion no... ( everything in moderation! ) Sirloin Steak Strips 1.5 kg Item 2061560 Compare Product thin enough to a. Add baking powder and a 1/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking powder a. For almost all frozen premade foods, at least in my rotation from a meat paste similar! The weight almost effortless… almost didn ’ t have any trouble with same. Very salty pretty quick to come together a 1/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 of! Frozen Lean Sirloin ground beef your taste since they vary in size on vacation patty taste i! Substitute i can ’ t carry scotch bonnet peppers, you can enjoy flaky! Thank you so much for this one was a college student on a budget sift flour! Very salty hard, tough, and curry powder in work bowl of food,. Weight too, ready-to-bake Jamaican patties for delivery meat and cook 3 minutes, then use a milk. Is Zucchini taco boats and Mexican Cauliflower rice have left overs press around the edge of the in. Taking out the lard or shortening ) pulse to Combine filling ingredients in a small food this... Make them from scratch serve ones that are often not as good as the color...