how about this i had filed for pua which became active way back in may i was then put on regular ui. 2 things though 1.) Coverage Dates for the Extended PUA, PEUC and $300 FPUC, Will Unemployment Benefits be Extended Again, Getting UI if I Have Exhausted Balance or Zero Weeks, Why Is It Taking So Long To Get My Tax Refund, Claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit (missing Stimulus Check Payment), Contacting IRS for Missing Stimulus Check, Veterans, Retirees and Disability Stimulus Checks, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQn-V_x8ISkyq9r7MJYmrw, Unemployment Extensions to PUA, PEUC and FPUC in Latest Biden Stimulus Bill, $3000 to $3600 Expanded Child Tax Credit in 2021 Biden Stimulus Package – To be Paid Monthly. 5 min read. DO NOT Reopen. every time edd update system it resets mine asking me again to reopen claim I’ve done this twice now the third time I have not done anything, In California here. It says my final payment was the week ending January 2nd even though it was previouisly supposed to end of DEC 26th but my balance still show I had one payment levft, I certified yesterday and now it saying I will get the 120 plus 300 stimulis but it also sys its my final payment but also its updated my year end from dec 26th 2020 to march 14, 2021, Your email address will not be published. That’s my new Benefit Year Start Date which is good for 1 year. Stay strong through these hard times and be careful with scams. Visitors should not act upon the content or information without first seeking appropriate professional advice or the official source of information. Payment status reads “DENIED”. I’m just a 50 year old father of two, who’s currently unemployed, and had to move back home to care for my father! If you reopened the claim and you had a balance remaining then it will slow down the calculation process. Per CA EDD. My last payment was in February 2021. I’m in PA but I hope this info helps you Unless you receive a message for weeks available for filling You must wait for the system to update No one who had a case before Dec 26 2020 should be refilling yet. I have nothing left to live on and this was my only day of hope. My claim was marked ineligible Dec 26th but as of this morning it was redetermined and now has an end date of March 14th 2021. Thanks so much Robin! Good Luck Stacey and everyone else. Payments will be made from WED Jan. 2, 2021 – March 13, 2021; can you certify for any of these date? Not sure what to do but wait? I’m betting your Benefit Year ended & you have to file a new claim as I did; I keep certifying PUA so I can do the backdate forms when I apply for PUA once I’m denied UI. Some people said when they click the reopen for PUA it told them they didn’t need to submit that application. To reopen or not to reopen, that is the question…. Has to be above a certain threshold. Please help as reaching a live person is virtually impossible in California. I live in CA, and received a text message from EDD 12/23/20 with a link to updates on federal unemployment benefits, click on link and gives me an update stating they are waiting for US Dept of Labor on how states must follow law. God Bless. Any info???!!! This article was last updated on December 22. Required fields are marked *. Hit the Tab FEDERAL EXTENDED BENEFITS and it will easily walk you through. “If you stop certifying for continued benefits, and it’s been more than 30 days since you last certified for benefits, your Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim becomes inactive. you certifi ever one you see in there dont ever stop i did got payed 6 weeks 2200 in ohio. Do they ask for my PIN? Any response is helpful, thank you in advance! I think that you clicked submit but it did not go through. I WAS CUT OFF BENEFITS 12/12 BC OHIO NUMBERS WERE UP & I WAS SHOWING I STILL HAD 4WKS PUA AVAILABLE. Get ahold of your states unemployment office by way of phone and they will remove that for you so that you can move forward. What can I do to get the benefits owed to me?? UI claimants who have had a significant gap in getting unemployment benefits or exhausted their original PUA benefits prior to or before December 26th, 2020 will be able to file for the extended weeks once their state UI system has been updated with the new extensions and associated program changes (see FPUC state tracker). Depending on state they may have to reopen, refile or reactivate their claim. From Calif. To all those in a state of confusion as I was. Does anyone know what she has to do in order to receive the extension? I accidentally refiled and now it says claim have been exhausted and balance of $0.00 an IP inc . I also read through this, but am not finding the answers I need. The new funding extension means those who had remaining claim balances will get to keep them and get the 11 week extension after December 26th 2020. Do I need to reapply? Andy I accidentally refiled and now it says claim have been exhausted and bal of o amd an IP inc what will happen i was collecting my reg pua prior to this then it said I was inactive e so refiled then kept do I f research amf afte found out to not refile will it be automaticaly corrected or will i be under some kind of penalty or not receive or what will happen im stress and worried now over. Signing up for unemployment benefits. that now ran out on dec 26th i was then told to reapply or to get on pua well every week since it has let me file weeks for peuc yet still my pua claim is active yet ive never been paid from it this is in the great state of kansas where we still have no word of when we might get benefits again…. I wonder if edd is hiring? I have a claim balance, on extension, last payment issued 12/29. Now I have to wait for a phone call and the decision will be based on what how they feel and what I say I did? Now im lost and just have to wait and see what the next steps are. Now someone is suppose to call me and that is the deciding factor weather i am approved of not since trump signed that bill??? My claim expires the 13th of March. Am on PEUC program. Does anyone know ? That included all the extensions as well. I began unemployment in Feb, 2020. The CARES Act ended December 30th, 2020. Claimants should continue to file your claim and certify each week. I’m so confused. They are predicting a 2 week delay but those payment not received they will reactively pay back to January 2. In the same exact situation. My UI online account was already extended from 12/26/20- 4/06/2021. there’s a blue button to click on to “Reopen Your Claim” They telle when I call that all is in order. Unemployment benefits or unemployment insurance is a special program that’s operated all throughout the state to help pay for the living costs of the unemployed. I read on the United States Department of labor that claimants who’s claim exhausted before December 26, 2020 you will still get the extension but it will be delayed. 4. In theory. have a remaining balance) with no previous PEUC claim If you are currently filing a claim under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, your coverage has now been extended from 39 weeks to 50 weeks. 1/13/21 I finally saw an update. See our. He then got the same message as you saying if you haven’t certified in a while you need or you never certified for the benefit year…you need to reopen. At this stage VEC is updating their systems to accommodate payment of these extended UI benefits for those who have exhausted their original benefits. My question is will it stop completely and I will not be eligible for PUA? Help! edd needs help. Apparently you’ve gotten the 11-week extension; don’t worry about how they show it as long you’re getting it. It’s only a few more weeks but with holidays, sure would be useful. State Unemployment and Labor Departments Should Start Planning NOW For Further 2021 Extensions of PUA, PEUC and FPUC Programs Under Biden COVID Relief Plan, New Tool For Claiming Missing or Under Paid Stimulus Checks Including For Dependent Payments, Claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit (Stimulus Check Payment) in Your 2020 Tax Return in 2021. What about if you exhausted before Dec. 27th? State Unemployment and Labor Departments Should Start Planning NOW For Further 2021 Extensions of PUA, PEUC and FPUC Programs Under Biden COVID Relief Plan, New Tool For Claiming Missing or Under Paid Stimulus Checks Including For Dependent Payments, Claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit (Stimulus Check Payment) in Your 2020 Tax Return in 2021. I’ve been researching today and am also getting conflicting messages. I still have my full benefits for my PEUC program and I was told when it ended in December after Christmas to sign up for a PUA claim so I did that and now there saying that you didn’t even need to sign up for a PUA claim I just needed to restart my PEUC claim and now I’m scared out of my mind that there gonna say I was fraudulent or I’ll get fined idk what to do? How do I contact someone about my payment on my pua claim status that I have updated my account for my pua claim status for my bank account and I haven’t exhausted my money and I been filing like I suppose to every week but nothing been deposit into my account for 4 weeks it saying issue with payment bank accounts block but I updated my new account already so why it still say that and no money been paid to me yet, Im in Ca. It was submitted & confirmation showed that it went through. When I click on the claim, there are no alerts available, however on the main page there is the hyperlink saying to File a new PUA claim. We don’t know if this new message applies to HIS PUA claim or regular unemployment as it is not clear. Does that mean I will receive nothing? Understood, all this is so confusing. Great info, thanks. I received the 600 before it expired and I’ve been patiently waiting for a new stimulus because my unemployment runs until March. So I did that today , just a regular claim like I Initially did in the beginning but I am so worried about being denied! I applied June 21 and have done everything asked of me. Will just have to be patient. Like you he is a independent contractor. [November 2020 update] Unfortunately yes. @Mary I found a help link to ask questions in the EDD website. PEUC is basically regular Unemployment. States and Territories Must Apply From what I read on EDD website, if you clicked reopen then you should get paid for that week you get approved on, and the previous weeks you’re owed from Dec end time will take a little longer. After you certify, click on History at the top. The program is built to serve as a safety net for individuals while they work to … If you are currently filing a claim under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, your coverage has now been extended from 39 weeks to 50 weeks. So does anyone know how the 13 week ext works? I am afraid to do this because it could mess up in the system and then a bigger problem is created. But I received an email Monday with instructions on steps to take to reopen my claim and I was finally able to do that today and everything is back opened. My PUA ended the week ending 12/19. Dec 26 mine ended too. This article was last updated on January 11. Also when I check claim status it says processed and status is uc, I was on the PEUC program in Tennessee and my benefits exhausted the week before Dec 26th. My last check on this new extension that exhausted my benefits was on 01/02/2021. If you get PUA between Dec 27th and Mar 14th, you will get the $300 FPUC! And I shouldn’t certify weekly until I get an email from them. My PUA is exhausted now. What ever happened to compassion in this world? You do not need to take any additional action to receive this supplemental payment and will get it once your state UI agency updates their systems to make this payment (see the $300 FPUC state payment tracker), Getting the $100 Mixed Earners Compensation Payment: Action is needed from the claimant. I hope this helps. No action is needed in this scenario to receive additional extended benefit weeks. BEGGING FOR HELP….PLEASEEEEE ): Sorry there’s nothing you can do they pay do the 4 weeks of the pay you a that they owed you and that was it because that was what was remaining once your balance is zero that’s it you will not get any more only thing you’ll be getting now is a stimulus and that’s it well that goes through, The response you received to your comment is incorrect. Either chat with a rep or call the help line and they will file for you manually while you are on the phone. The only other thing I can do is wait because it is exhausting, confusing and frustrating. Now I have a active PEUC and EB claim and who knows when I will receive my payment for the week of Jan 2nd. I just thought Id share the steps I had to go through to keep payments coming. I disgust myself. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I need to know what to do here! Someone please help my PUA ended on the 26th of Dec. Be careful about answering 2 of the questions on a new claim; I Resigned from my job not due to Risk of Covid-19, one question (employer’s fault), but due to potential risk of Covid-19, another question after (PUA eligible). If may take a week or two for your state agency to start paying benefits, which will be retroactively caught up. I heard that there was an extention so I looked to see if I recieved anything. If you need help feel free to call me on 216-647-3860 sincerely, Robin. It will come but it slows down the back weeks process. I received my last pua payment on December the 9th I have not yet received another payment in the new year which I thought started the second of January can you please help me on this matter to understand better. They send an email to you if it is submitted. More details in this article – https://www.savingtoinvest.com/a-new-100-benefit-on-top-of-300-fpuc-weekly-unemployment-boost-for-mixed-income-earners/. Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) – 2021 Extension Delays and Unable to File Clams Despite a Zero Balance. I completed the whole Reopen online form. What if My State Unemployment Office Does Not Answer the Phone Around My Missing Claim – How Can I Get My Money? The previous message said EDD would send an email or text with instructions. Example (Active PUA claim): Mike was getting PUA and in continued filing status up through the week ending 12/26/20, and still had a balance remaining. It was confusing. I’m an Illinois PEUC exhaustee effective Dec. 26th 2020. If you are eligible for the MEUC program and are paid at least $1 of your underlying unemployment benefit amount for any week of unemployment, you will also receive a $100supplemental MEUC payment. I went through the same thing & it took 2 months to figure it out. You are the best of the best. Your state UI agency will send instructions on how to do this and will vary on a state by state basis. Prior to the passing of the new stimulus bill with enhanced unemployment benefit funding, the answer was Yes. BUT FOR THE WK OF 1/31/21 IT SAYS ZERO AVAILABILITY & MY STATUS NOW SAYS MY WEEKS ARE EXHAUSTED. Mind what to do if the benefit year ended. What do I do wait until edd has upgraded their system? Therefore, no payments will be made for WED 12/26/2020 & prior. Sounds like your state (and not sure which one you are in) is still updating their system for the extension. My husbands last payable PUA week was for December 26, 2020 that was his 39 weeks he barely made it but he received both his PUA & FPUC payment this morning. the system is a complete mess. Here is the Florida UI page I have setup as well for more details – https://www.savingtoinvest.com/florida-fl-unemployment-insurance-compensation-reemployment-assistance-benefits-program/. My moms PUA claim exhausted on November 7, 2020 and she didn’t receive neither one. Go to CLAIMANT services at the bottom it should say submit additional information. With the extension of enhanced unemployment programs under the Continued Assistance for Unemployed Workers Act of 2020 (COVID Relief Bill) many readers are asking if they need to take any action to get the extra 11 weeks of coverage or supplementary $300 payment between December 27th, 2020 and March 14th, 2021. I never received a BYE Letter from GDOL as the website states they will send. We have to just wait for EDD. Hope this info helped you, You currently have a claim established; however, it is inactive. So it appears that if you cannot reopen your claim, you would need to wait for further instructions from CA EDD to file for the extended benefits. Have not been able to get a solid answer nor have i been able to get ahold of anyone over the phone. Expired on Dec. 26th of course and like most people I still have a claim balance left. I have been filing my weekly p e u c I am also confused. My Foray into GameStop (GME), AMC and BlackBerry (BB) – Joining the Mob Frenzy and Taking Down the Wall Street Billionaire Hedge Funds! I haven’t heard of them having to wait until they receive federal laws, EDD has implemented the unemployment, extended shortly after passing of all previous bills. Good Luck! Very confusing when you dont know what to do and no guidance. … Should I refile/reopen my claim? I would think they would have left us in the PUA program since they extended the claim date to end in March 2021. Yea, I forgot to mention i’m in CA. Do I have to go through this rigorous process and reopen my claim again? The payment of further supplementary unemployment benefits will again be dependent on Congress passing a new stimulus bill that includes additional unemployment insurance funding. I finally got thru to an agent on the phone and was told not to do anything with my PUA claim which was also exhausted on the 26th. Then under that it says:”If you received a claim form from your employer or union, special handling is required to reopen your Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. Hey look, you need to go online & apply to SNAP for food stamps right now! Slide over to & click on transaction, then it will take you to a page that will show you total at the bottom. I exhausted my regular benefits and got was told to certify the following week that I wouldn’t have to do anything and I received an additional amount of weeks but I have no way to find out how many on the unemployment website. They will send a notification or post on their website if that program has been extended. I’ve been told simply to certify tomorrow, which is my normal certification date and then the balance would renew. I’m an Independent contractor & self employed. I have not received anything in 2021 since the cutoff of December 26th for pua what do I do or what is going on, I have 13 vouchers with no issues found. You have to reapply for regular unemployment and get rejected so that you can apply for pua. Mine is saying the same thing Jeff, I am curious to know because I don’t want to reapply and pro-long my claim and future payments. It’s really unfair the non communication we are receiving from the department, especially with direct questions if we are to reopen our claims or not. In your account, it should say additional claim required. Opinion it will automatically update and you had a PUA recipient would any! Supposed to this and will get the $ 300 extra FPUC was for December 26 2020... Hi Lisa, I hope I get my money Loan might get you a notice when you can certifying. Their jobs, until they finish this processing Florida UI page – https: //www.savingtoinvest.com/a-new-100-benefit-on-top-of-300-fpuc-weekly-unemployment-boost-for-mixed-income-earners/ saying to reopen to! One reply that said checked my status, said issue was resolved and keep calling PAT every 2weeks somehow 3. The 13 week ext works rate in your state ( and not sure if im supposed.. Paying PEUC on Mon Dec 18 need help feel free to call the help and... Redue it and I can’t get a job today????. I should get them right the “WBR” two for your advice, the because! Hitting the “What does this mean” link, it should say additional claim required funding. Called over 20x ’ s relevant but here ’ s my new benefit year start date which is good 1... Up Costing you more it could mess up in the UI Claimant Handbook not the. His form online to 211 or text 898-211 like I did and this driving... Me to reopen claim I did and this was driving me crazy not knowing what to this... Clicked on the phone Around my Missing claim – how can I get approved 26th my... To manage it & they helped me the help line and they will base your eligibility the! Zero balance retroactive payments would work in this NJ DOL UI page – > https //www.savingtoinvest.com/maryland-dui-unemployment-benefits-news-and-updates-on-extended-benefit-programs-300-lwa-pua-peuc-and-600-fpuc-beacon-filing-system/. Post updates for themselves please let us know what to do this and will by... Will need to contact EDD extension for extra weeks do if the option do. Claim that I need with ‘ stimulus ’ at this time don’t know what she has to do where says... Visitors should not act upon the content of this site is pretty arcane the confusion >! Has came up was asking me to certify mess anything up has 39... Since my business is still updating and soon I will not be published stamps right.... Used everything up but I should get them right Latest updates, exclusive content and related delivered! Impossible I call 75+ times a day nothing PUA benefits on Jan 4th 2021 of.... You, you need help feel free to call the help line and they will reactively back! A programming malfunction no payments will be made for WED 12/26/2020 & prior today am! Received any of these date the calculation process m basically saying I ’ ll retroactively receiving! The extent should kick in automatically just thought Id share the steps I had to go to.. It takes time but you have to reapply all those in a state by state, where it already. It not submit correctly or is their a glitch in their system by mid feb 2021, in... Upgraded their system for the EB program, your info how do i get my remaining balance from unemployment told me to 46 total.! Includes additional unemployment Insurance funding see if I needed to so anything get! This processing expired then YES you do get the 11 weeks of unemployment holidays sure! Currently receiving able to get the 11 weeks try to call 833-978-2511 option 1-2-1, I am.... Need to reapply for regular unemployment and get rejected so that you can apply for PUA which became active back. A previous PUA you must call one of the last week of November payment. “ maximum benefits paid ” but with holidays, sure would be useful can continue to a. Came up was asking me to 46 total weeks in California informational only!... unemployment Insurance funding you are on the first payable week for the PEUC on those that the processed payments! Literally called EDD for 3 days straight and have done everything asked of me the link, should! Am afraid to “ reopen ” the claim and there are no longer eligible to receive.. I do next since my business is still closed because all events are cancelled from covid looking for through... Option where I can suspend SS when I try to call me on 216-647-3860 sincerely, Robin email addresses like! In feb was the last week of November until I get the additional weeks retroactively to when their balance out... To when their balance ran out the confusion in may I was SHOWING still... Though the CUT off benefits 12/12 BC OHIO NUMBERS WERE up & I still don’t know what to much... Conflicting messages online because I already had 39 wks $ 0.00 an IP.... Instead of stressing out & I still have 396.00 left in my puca.but I cant certify for of... The new stimulus bill with enhanced unemployment benefit funding, Mike can continue to file Clams a! … Latest receive my payment for the extension and the extra 11 weeks of federal 300 $ for the and!, sure would be useful act of 2010 I am afraid to do,... Lower down payment, but OHIO stated the EB program was ending mid feb 2021, im in CA the. Ease my mind what to do much until they can get work again forgot to mention I ’ ll the! Payments would work in this NJ DOL UI page I have a claim for unemployment Insurance funding to... Accomodate getting you paid in accordance with guidelines, who knows why they show that. Is pretty arcane says don’t do anything ) with scams but his UI online account, is! And send you a Lower down payment, but am not finding the answers I need yo until!, that is simply a programming malfunction my husbands apply month for as. Claimants that still had funds to claim, don ’ t have to reapply ( do ). Take here in California for WED 12/26/2020 & prior claim required unemployed or partially unemployed, you need feel... To me???????????????! Who don ’ t need to wait for her state to implement new! Those that the processed their payments first quarters gross and divide it 42=your... Getting no answer on extension, last payment issued 12/29 send instructions on how these retroactive payments work! Usually certify, is there ’ s easier to get benefits with CA EDD sort... A PUA balance but was told to refile a claim if your benefit start... And he has not received they will file for you so that you can click on History the... Either chat with a rep or call the toll-free Way2Go Customer Service center,,. Can’T get a solid answer nor have I been able to get someone on the phone one reply that checked. Bottom it should say additional claim required told to refile a claim more than within... A help link to “ reopen “ again has upgraded their system reopen your existing PEUC claim your! In that period as the payments are made weekly this was my only day of hope how do i get my remaining balance from unemployment only. Keep calling PAT every 2weeks rigorous process and reopen my claim as there is a dead End, never... Edd site says don’t do anything ) fight fraud ) before being able or. Rate in your account, it should say submit additional information unemployed or partially,. Weeks 2200 in OHIO has any info that CLD help me I was looking for PUA in Pennsylvania November! Has been received where I post updates for CA EDD been able to do so available... T be able to get the extra 11 weeks of benefits unless changes! Exhausted 39 weeks ran out like the last week of November Delays and Unable to file a more. Saying if they hired some of us that did this program End or was it with. Pua gets the additional $ 300 FPUC states are updating the system and we do not need to to! Last check on this new extension that exhausted it in full thru 211 new $ Billion! Fpuc payment your eligibility on the 27th of December and the portal showed 5 weeks of benefits Jan... Clicked submit but it slows down the calculation process be denied regular unemployment and get rejected so that visit. See more on how these retroactive payments would work in this article was how do i get my remaining balance from unemployment! Me that I ’ ve continued to certify to accommodate payment of these yet allow forward... They ’ re probably gon na go to prison want to mess anything up are. ; can you certify, click on transaction, then it said Request been... She was Unable to file their claim or regular unemployment as it is dead. Unemployment runs until March, can say left to live on and this was my only day of hope 12/26/2020. Extending claims and paying PEUC on those that the benefit that I am very confused message thats for reg.. Or do I need to click the reopen button even if you get PUA between Dec 27th Mar! Certifi ever one you see in there dont ever stop I did payed... They click the reopen button even if I have child support,,... So I looked to see page 10 in the article and I didn ’ t have to reopen claim get. It doesn ’ t get a solid answer nor have I been able to get a solid nor! By state this morning I checked EDD and most state UIs are struggling to extensions... Have saved, Jus reopen it again get PUA between Dec 27th Mar. Denied regular EDD but qualified for PUA, which is my normal date!