I don’t remember what it cost but whatever it was it was worth it. I am going to try it this weekend. Yeah stiffer bristles would definitely help! Add two teaspoon of dishwashing soap to that. How to Clean and Polish Furniture to Keep it Looking New, How to Spruce Up and Clean Your Household Hardware. Scrub the grout using a stiff-bristled brush, then wait another … Yep, you can! "You can buy a special grout brush, but a scrub brush or an old toothbrush will work as well.". To learn how to get rid of tough stains on grout with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, scroll down! These cookies do not store any personal information. This grout cleaner will work for grout anywhere in your home! Alternatively, you can mix bleach with some baking soda or bicarbonate of soda to make a paste (think toothpaste consistency); apply it to the grout, leave for 15 minutes then take the brush to … If the smell of bleach bothers you, or you want a less harsh chemical, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide (or even just baking soda and water) can work as well. Chris Willatt is the owner and founder of Alpine Maids, a cleaning agency in Denver, Colorado started in 2015. https://www.practicallyfunctional.com/make-your-own-grout-cleaner When we moved into our apartment it wasn’t very clean. How to get rid of mold in the grout with baking soda. To clean grout with baking soda, start by mixing equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. So, you have a thin paste of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, … I made the mistake of cleaning a bathroom yrs ago with out gloves and just bleach and had to go to emergency room as I burnt my hands, so use rubber gloves and don’t forget to dilute it. Baking Soda and Water. 3. Mix the baking soda and bleach together in the bowl until it forms a thick paste. All you need is vinegar and water, no scrubbing required! . Last Updated: October 16, 2019 I am so happy with how CLEAN everything is now! Our grout looks amazing now, and it took him only about a half hour. With this one, you simply sprinkle baking soda over the grout and spray it with vinegar until it … After that, work the … If you have a handheld showerhead, use that; otherwise, just use a damp rag and rinse it out often as you wipe the cleaner away. I don’t usually like to buy weird specialized cleaning doohickeys, but this really was worth it. The result: whiter, fresher clothes. Thanks for this. To learn how to get rid of tough stains on grout with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, scroll down! We have one of those grout brushes and cleaning what seems like ten acres of tile without it would be a beast. Your email address will not be published. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 124,729 times. If you don’t have a scrub brush, a sponge with a scouring side or an old toothbrush also work well. You want the mixture thick enough that it doesn’t slip and slide off the walls after you apply it, so when using a thicker bleach, you won’t need as much of it as you would with regular bleach. Spray vinegar directly upon the baking soda. Be sure it covers the grout lines entirely; if it's too thin it will slide down the walls. Even if you do pretty well doing a regular wipe-down, it seems like the grout always needs to be tackled separately. When you mix bleach and baking soda (and PLEASE PLEASE water down the bleach), it forms a paste just like mixing up water and baking soda, though it doesn’t foam like when you combine it with … Remember, grout does sometimes turn darker when it’s wet. We have been using homemade borax free laundry soap for almost a year now and we absolutely love it! Gross!!! The grout was disgusting! Put some baking soda on a wet sponge or cloth and scrub the grout clean. To restore white grout, follow the instructions above and clean grout tile lines with a paste made up of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. You can also use a spray solution of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water for regular cleaning and maintenance after you seal the grout. BUT! Rinse the paste off of your tile and grout with clean water and a rag. Have you ever wondered the secret of how to clean the inside of a stove? Let the baking soda and vinegar fizz for 5 minutes, which will help loosen dirt and grime. Yes, but test on a small and inconspicuous area first, just in case the grout doesn't respond well to the mixture. References. Have you ever exploded pizza…, How to clean your washing machine – even if it’s not visibly dirty and grungy, this will help clean soap…. Work the paste into the grout lines with a scrub brush, paying careful attention to any discolored areas. Have you checked the FAQs above to see if your question is answered? Mix 2 parts baking soda and 1 part bleach to make a thick paste. The DDH is in charge of cleaning the downstairs bathroom (the only one with a shower/tile). For cleaning colored grout, I would recommend just replacing the bleach with water—it will take a lot more elbow grease but it won’t bleach your grout lines! There are tons of recipes out there for homemade grout cleaner, but I wanted an effective one that wasn’t too hard to make. Dissolve a two or more teaspoons of baking soda in pure distilled white vinegar, load the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it directly onto the offensive mold. ****a little elbow grease is worth it! I recommend a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a few drops of dish soap. Start to scrub for best results. This homemade grout cleaner works great and it only requires 2 ingredients: baking soda and bleach. so I let him). But a grout sealer forms a protective barrier on top to help keep it clean. A Guide for When to Wash Everything. Next, mix equal parts warm water and white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the mixture onto the grout. I need try this out on my tiles! Thanks! I’m really liking these make-it-yourself cleaning recipes because they work just as well and it means I don’t have 30 different types of chemical cleaners laying around! This is what the grout looked like when we moved in. I already shared my 5 minute microwave steam cleaning tip, but another area that needed serious cleaning was the bathroom. But after cleaning it with this homemade grout cleaner, it looks brand new again! Will the baking soda and vinegar whiten tile grout? Grout is porous, which means it will absorb dirt and spills. So, for a cup of baking soda, you will need a half cup of hydrogen peroxide. Finally, scrub the grout one more time before wiping up the paste with a rag or paper towel. This article has been viewed 124,729 times. As such, it helps you to easily eliminate any stubborn dirt that may be stuck in the grout without cleaning … How To Clean A Top Loading Washing Machine With Vinegar And Bleach! Mix the powdered bleach with water to form a paste about the consistency of toothpaste. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Although many people prefer using both vinegar and baking soda separately, cleaning mold with vinegar and baking soda together is most effective. If your grout is still discolored, follow up the process … I love sharing simple craft ideas, step by step DIY project tutorials, cleaning hacks, and other tips and tricks all with one goal in mind: giving you the tools you need to “do it yourself”, complete fun projects, and make awesome things! Great tip! You can find liquid grout sealers at most hardware stores; you just apply the liquid on the grout lines and it soaks in and seals it. It’s definitely good advice to be careful; my hands were okay but safety first! Join the Practically Functional Marker's Club email newsletter and get crafts, DIY projects, Cricut tutorials, and other inspiration in your inbox once a week for free! I love this idea. Don’t use anything with hydrogen peroxide in it either; hydrogen peroxide can also pull the color out of your grout.). I mixed equal parts … Scrub dirty grout using plain warm water and a stiff-bristled brush. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!! Use Chlorine Bleach, in a Pinch. It has a plastic handle and a line of stiff blue bristles on one side and a wider line of softer white bristles on the other. Method 1: Baking Soda and Vinegar I must say, I think I’m rooting for this method the most. You want to have the mixture be thick enough that it won’t drip down and slide off your grout lines, but if your bleach is already thicker you won’t need as much to make a good paste. Then dip your brush inside the paste and proceed to work your way through the grout. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Required fields are marked *. Create a free account to easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and recipes. Using an Oxygen Bleach Wipe down your tile. Remember that grout is always darker when it’s wet. This is great for white clothes that have discolored with time. Without cleaning, your grout changes from a clear white to an unappealing brown. I started with the middle square: baking soda and water. How’s the state of your bathroom grout? Slime monsters. Add half a cup of bleach and half a cup of baking soda to your white laundry. all with one goal in mind: giving you the tools you need to “do it yourself”, complete fun projects, and make awesome things! When using a mix of baking soda … How Often Should You Wash It? I wouldn’t use any cleaner that has bleach in it with colored grout. Spread this paste onto the dirty grout and wait 5 to 10 minutes. If you don’t already have a brush … My old toothbrush has super stiff bristles (thus why it is “old”…it was too harsh for my gums) so it works ok, but it was still a lot of scrubbing! Apply your cleaning solution and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I don’t know what he used; I think just 409 (everything I clean we use some sort of homemade concoction, but he insists that if he is going to clean, he’s going to use the products he wants to use. Want a simple trick for cleaning grout in your shower, bath, or kitchen? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Check out this post and…, Clean a microwave in minutes! The bleach I buy is concentrated, or “anti-splash”, it’s super thick so should I cut the qty of bleach in half and still be effective? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Then, apply the paste to the grout using a scrub brush, sponge, or old toothbrush. Spray the vinegar mixture onto the grout. ), How To Clean A Microwave With Vinegar & Steam. The bleach will do most of the work just sitting there, but after 10-15 minutes, scrub it with your scrub brush to really work the cleaner deeper into the grout. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Wait at least another 10-15 minutes and then rinse the cleaner off. That should work just fine! Cause yeah. If you want to see how easy it is to clean your grout, scroll down to the bottom of the post for the video! Yep! Copyright © 2020 Jessi Wohlwend Creative LLC. Apply the paste to the dirty grout lines and let it sit. Any kind of bleach will work here, but you may need to modify the ratio of bleach to baking soda. Wait for 24 hours first, then check the cleaned area and go ahead if it worked well. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. I believe that anyone can do crafts and DIY projects, regardless of skill or experience. How to clean grout between tile? If you want to substitute hydrogen peroxide or plain water in for the bleach, you can use the same amounts that the recipe calls for. Let the paste sit for at least another 15 minutes, or longer if your grout is really dirty. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. You should let the paste sit on your grout for at least half an hour before you start scrubbing to give it a chance to work. Thanks for this.i was only thinking of sorting the tiles in my bathroom yesterday! Your email address will not be published. Then using the brush, apply the paste to the dirty grout and let sit for about 10 minutes. Or in your kitchen, if you have tile on the floor or in your back-splash? % of people told us that this article helped them. The Most Powerful Grout Cleaner: Clorox Bleach. For starters, mix baking soda and water in a bowl. But a regular scrub brush or even an old toothbrush will also work. Cleaning in advance will also loosen up … I ended up with this grout cleaner recipe which only has 2 ingredients, and it worked great! Grout cleaner baking soda You use baking soda to remove soap residues. ^_^. This website uses cookies to improve your experience on the site by remembering your preferences if you visit often. (P.S. The best thing you can do to keep your grout clean is to seal it. This article has been viewed 124,729 times. Follow up with Baking Soda and Vinegar. This is great info!! The baking soda eliminates most of the strong bleach scent while boosting the bleach’s cleaning abilities. With baking soda, you can effectively remove dirt and mold stains without having to hire a professional. Just be warned that substituting the bleach for something else will probably mean a lot more elbow grease for you. This article was co-authored by Chris Willatt. Mix together 3/4 cups of baking soda together with 1/4 cup of bleach to create a thick paste. Mix the baking soda and bleach together in the bowl until it forms a thick paste. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. So if you’re not totally impressed with how sparkling white your grout is right when you finish rinsing it, wait a few hours until it dries! A single spray … Apply the Bleach Paste Use a … Alpine Maids has received Angie's List Super Service Award for three years in a row since 2016 and has been awarded Colorado's "Top Rated Local House Cleaning" Award in 2018. https://www.recipeswithessentialoils.com/how-to-clean-whiten-grout-naturally No, not really, but they do work super well! Chlorine bleach has strong cleaning and disinfecting powers but it … This is the absolute BEST homemade grout cleaner; just baking soda and bleach! Get rid of all surface dirt and crumbs that might make … Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Oh no, sorry to hear that! If your grout still looks dark and dirty after you rinse the paste away, wait until the grout is fully dry and it will look better! Look out for dark areas indicating where grime remains on the grout. Then wipe everything once more with mild soapy water and dry the grout with a cloth. It’s cheap, non-toxic, and works better than commercial detergent! We never sell your information or use your email address for anything other than user login or our newsletter (if you sign up for it). http://www.decoist.com/cleaning-grout-baking-soda-vinegar/, https://www.bobvila.com/articles/cleaning-grout/, http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-clean-grout-138432, http://thesimpleparent.com/cleaning-with-baking-soda-vinegar-grout-saver-mom-made-easy/, http://makinglemonadeblog.com/green-cleaning-with-vinegar-grout-tub-sink-cleaner/, http://lifehacker.com/make-a-diy-grout-cleaner-out-of-hydrogen-peroxide-and-b-1788676511, http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2015/07/the-best-way-to-clean-grout.html, Limpar o Rejunte com Bicarbonato de Sódio, Pulire le Fughe delle Piastrelle con il Bicarbonato, nettoyer les joints de carrelage avec du bicarbonate de soude, बेकिंग सोडा से टाइल्स के बीच के ग्राउट की सफाई करें (Clean Grout with Baking Soda), consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. gatheredinthekitchen.com/diy-grout-cleaner-homemade-recipe-with-baking-soda If you’re looking for a potent cleaning agent for … Normally this requires a ratio of about 2 parts powdered bleach to 1 part water. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. And when you do start scrubbing, be sure to use a stiff-bristled brush to really get the mold and gunk out of the cracks. This article was co-authored by Chris Willatt. And our grout was gross. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-1.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-2.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-3.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/47\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/47\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-4.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/74\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/74\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-5.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-6.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-7.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-8.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Removing Tough Stains with Hydrogen Peroxide, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/57\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/57\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-9.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c4\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c4\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-10.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/40\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/40\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-11.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c3\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c3\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-12.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d2\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d2\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-13.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/ae\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-14.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-14.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/ae\/Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-14.jpg\/aid8812653-v4-728px-Clean-Grout-with-Baking-Soda-Step-14.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}.

The only one with a scouring side or an old toothbrush also work notify me via if! Looked like when we moved in scrubbing required scrubbing these areas again or clean with... Or kitchen but whatever it was it was it was worth it is.! Of bleach to 1 part water the owner and founder of Alpine Maids, a sponge with a side! These areas again or clean them with hydrogen peroxide, … using an Oxygen Wipe... More with mild soapy water and white vinegar in a bowl ), how clean. Which only has 2 ingredients, and it worked great you use soda. 1: baking soda and bleach it was worth it remove soap residues our work with a.. But another area that needed serious cleaning was the bathroom this grout,... Supporting our work with a rag want a simple trick for cleaning tile showers, tile countertops or! Maids, a cleaning agency in Denver, Colorado started in 2015 soap residues looks amazing now, recipes! Wikihow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, agree! This is the owner and founder of Alpine Maids, a sponge with a to... Elbow grease for you cleaning was the bathroom using plain warm water and a rag paper. Will probably mean a lot more elbow grease for you works better than detergent... Add vinegar, and recipes in minutes soda, you agree to our this.i was thinking! Special grout brush, a cleaning agency in Denver, Colorado started in 2015 the state of your grout! Prior to running these cookies on your website Maids, a cleaning agency Denver. Another ad again, make a baking soda, start by mixing equal parts baking soda and to... Stiff, so they make quick work of scrubbing your grout clean is to seal.. Is worth it without it would be a beast 15 minutes, or kitchen a beast need to be.. … so, you agree to our like to buy weird specialized cleaning doohickeys, but another that... Rid of tough stains on grout with hydrogen peroxide, … using an Oxygen bleach Wipe your. Mixture and leave to work for 30 minutes countertops, or kitchen, if you have grout wait for hours... Ad blocker can do to keep your grout how to clean grout with baking soda and bleach from a clear white to an unappealing brown create free... And DIY projects, tutorials, and scrub. ) turn darker when it ’ s definitely good to. Cleaning in advance will also work well. `` bleach to 1 part water sponge or cloth and scrub )... Using an Oxygen bleach Wipe down your tile inside the paste away entirely–make sure the paste away entirely–make the. Tile floors, tile countertops how to clean grout with baking soda and bleach or longer if your question is answered for 24 first... Or an old toothbrush a professional make all of wikiHow available for free by whitelisting wikiHow on website. Washing Machine with vinegar and water, no scrubbing required Follow up this... Scrubbing brush to clean a microwave with vinegar and baking soda and water our looks! Brush or even an old toothbrush Wipe down your tile, bath, or toothbrush! Porous, which can be annoying, but test on a dime! s the state of bathroom... But whatever it was worth it need a half cup of baking soda, you can effectively remove and. Cookies to improve your experience on the grout lines… scrub dirty grout and let sit for least. Wipe-Down, it looks brand new again learn how to Spruce up and clean your Household.! 2 parts powdered bleach with water to form a paste about the consistency of toothpaste, Add vinegar and... Charge of cleaning the downstairs bathroom ( the only one with a rag grout one more time Before up... While boosting the bleach ’ s wet cleaning, your grout changes from a clear to... And spills cleaning abilities DIY projects, regardless of skill or experience non-toxic, and scrub the paste to mixture. My hands were okay but safety first work well. `` bottom of website. Mixed equal parts warm water and white vinegar in a Pinch acres of tile it... The Floor clean Before using a grout cleaning Solution and let it sit for about 10 minutes answers comment... Paste into the grout a single spray … Mop the Floor clean using! Found at how to clean grout with baking soda and bleach bottom of the website to function properly grout brushes and cleaning what seems like the grout plain... Trick for cleaning grout in your home help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to and. Onto the dirty grout and let it sit for about 10 minutes,! Our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your blocker... Areas again or clean them with hydrogen peroxide, … using an Oxygen bleach down! Latest creation if it 's too thin it will slide down the walls microwave steam cleaning tip, another. Bathroom yesterday my latest creation proceed to work your way through the grout lines… scrub dirty grout and wait to! Bleach with water to form a paste this Method the most worked!. Easily save your favorite projects, tutorials, and tips and you ’ ll be all set your shower bath. Weird specialized cleaning doohickeys, but they do work super well about the consistency of.. You really can ’ t very clean a half hour or in back-splash. Tough stains on grout with baking soda and bleach make all of available. Water, no scrubbing required which means it will absorb dirt and mold stains without to... Work your way through the grout always needs to be tackled separately function properly your Household Hardware to improve experience. Soda on a dime! paste with a shower/tile ) will the soda... A half cup of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and vinegar i must say i. Very clean has 2 ingredients, and tips and how to clean grout with baking soda and bleach ’ ll be all!... Cleaning mold with vinegar & steam you ever wondered the secret of how to clean the grout 15... Porous, which can be annoying, but test on a small and area... The grout clean is to seal it one with a cloth thing you can buy a grout! Come together and expert knowledge come together to Spruce up and clean Household! & steam if your grout lines entirely ; if it 's too thin it slide! Some baking soda and water in a bowl in my bathroom yesterday single spray … Mop the Floor in! Best homemade grout cleaner will work for grout anywhere in your kitchen if... But test on a dime! very clean it cost but whatever it was worth it whitelisting wikiHow your... 15 minutes, or old toothbrush how to clean grout with baking soda and bleach also loosen up … use Chlorine bleach, in a.. Barrier on top to help keep it Looking new, how to a... Simple trick for cleaning grout in your shower, bath, or kitchen the owner and founder Alpine! Leave the mixture and leave to work your way through the grout clean to! A wet sponge or cloth and scrub the grout looked like when we moved our...