I am a girl too, but being surrounded by pretty girls is never a bad thing! Expensive beers there but it's the only place to get Korean craft beers besides Platinum up the street from there, but their beers aren't great, though cheaper. The announcement, dated Monday and published in the Royal Gazette on Thursday, classified South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran as "dangerous communicable disease areas". image caption The South Korean city of Daegu has seen the biggest increase in infections. Are new coronavirus strains cause for concern? I’d say since Daegu is a city with one of the lowest crime rates in the world, any part of it would be a decent place at the least. Dangerous Daegu Boy 82.3K Reads 1.8K Votes 30 Part Story. Gyms opened again one by one from around May, but half of them have no customers. Daegu has a lot of little cool areas spread around the city. jimin; suga; wattys2018; yoonmin; Table of Contents; Details; My Story Daegu FC. Officials identified a 61-year-old Shincheonji member as a “super-spreader”, responsible for the big outbreak in the city of Daegu, the source of three-quarters of South Korea’s cases. I had heard that too about Daegu's pretty good. But on the other hand awesome in that you can see any or all your friends on any given day. #jimin #suga #wattys2018 #yoonmin. By sugasjaiddy Completed. Dangerous Daegu Boy Fanfiction. Avoid raunchy foreigner dive bars. Dangerous almost anywhere in the world especially alone. During and after the first wave of the coronavirus in Korea, I received lots of questions asking ‘can I travel to Korea now’ and ‘is it safe to travel to Korea or Seoul now’?Whilst the global travel industry is in turmoil these days, with many confusing flight restrictions and travel bans in place, people are unsure about where and how they can travel and whether Korea is open to them. This sucks in that there is a limited variety of places to eat, drink, and hang out. I'm going to be an exchange student at Kyungpook National University in Daegu and I'm wondering what people think of Daegu? Most of Daegu’s 2.5 million citizens would rather stay indoors, away from the city’s normally crowded streets and notorious traffic jams, but there are notable exceptions. Just searching neighborhood name and 볼거리, 맛집, 수제맥주, etc is what I do. There's very, very little violent crime here and scant petty crime as well; however, that being said, Daegu is the fourth largest city in South Korea. Anyway, enjoy! got 2 Win 4 Lose 4 Draw in last 10 games, and scored 13 goals, conceded 17 goals. The annual membership fee is well worth it - I save more than that every time I shop there. You can also buy homemade food from a few enterprising locals who sell to others via facebook pages. But Daegu itself is very safe. I've been there like 4 times and Daegu's not bad. The same guidance goes for any travellers returning from Wuhan city and Hubei province in China, Iran, and Daegu and Cheongdo in South Korea. It's just a big sprawling city where people work, go to school, eat and drink, shop, go to movies, and that's basically all. South Korea has raised its coronavirus alert to the "highest level" as confirmed case numbers keep rising. Thanks! I visited a large number of gyms here last year, and documented my experience for anyone whose curious about the awesome BJJ scene here! Still have questions? Daegu and two neighbouring areas have been declared “special care zones” by the government, which has sent extra medical supplies and staff, with military troops deployed to … The river that runs through a lot of the city (not far from KNU area) is nice for a sunny day walk (or bike ride, if you don't mind having to dodge the inevitable idiots who choose to walk in the clearly labelled bike lane... grrr...). Not a lot of actual attractions I think. Is it even worse then Seoul in the summer? South Korea’s main outbreak can be largely traced to a religious group in Daegu, the nation’s fourth-largest city. Search neighborhood name then 맛집, so for example 경북 맛집. Corner over rate is 90% Daegu is very safe. Two travel bloggers created the Women's Danger Index to rank countries by how safe they are for solo female travelers. The thing about it being conservative, you wouldn't ever feel or know that I guess unless you were to have political conversations with older folks, or if you mean conservative in the general meaning, that would also be hard to sense unless you are a loud/inconsiderate foreigner being loud and obnoxious, and then you might hear a comment from some old person I guess. Explore over there for more interesting restaurants and stuff. All large cities have some areas that are not safe. Always dangerous with the ball, Chris is at home in almost any position - standing/sitting/laying - whatever. Other places like Daejeon or Seoul had more green to it. Westerners, especially minorities or men with Korean women, may encounter hostility from drunken men, but this is increasingly rare. What is the name of this KPop group, what is the name of the song and what does it mean in English. You have been misinformed. South Korea or North Korea “Daegu” tells us exactly what Tic should have listened to Ji-Ah about. Stigma is the most dangerous enemy," he told a news briefing in Geneva. It's true there is less exposure to foreigners so occasionally you may get cheerful hellos from little kids or the stink eye from an ajeossi, but it's nothing you will notice. Uh oh. Stigma, to be honest, is more dangerous than the virus itself. While it is understandable for Daegu residents to be anxious about the current situation, panic-buying and hoarding both are contagious and dangerous as vulnerable groups of people may not be able to get their hands on necessities. (Canadian smoked bacon is less than half the price of the big supermarket chains, feta and ricotta are much cheaper, they have the really good tortilla chips... ). I hear people say there are some bad Army types around town, but in my own experience, I've never encountered any problems with them. Other people have told me its safe however? There are also a few foreign military bases located in and around Daegu which attract foreign servicemen who are known to get a bit rambunctious after a few drinks. No breeze in the summer, and just hot. great post! Driving a motorcycle in heavy chaotic Daegu traffic takes skill and patience. They have market days where locals and expats can come in and sell their craftwork, be it food or art or whatever. Also if you're at that main station mentioned above, go to the west side of the north-south street which has the red line subway under it. The owner john there is cool, but he's still struggling with decisions to cater to Koreans or westerners, so for example recently his main contracted beer brand Galmegi (you might be familiar with, they're from Busan) made a hallabong gose beer, sounded really interesting, but he didn't order it because he thought it wouldn't sell in this market. "In Daegu" is also a good source of info if you need to find a particular item, or want to know good areas for eating or whatever. But Daegu itself is very safe. And I concur, it's hot. Daegu FC scored 1.3 goals and conceded 1.7 in average. Chris is so dedicated to Daegu Dragons that he threatened to quit his job if they didn't change his flight back to Korea so that he could make the September 2012 tournament. Yes it's humid and hot in summer, so like if I were to wear jeans I would be miserable, but just dressing loose and comfy, it's ok. Daegu is still behind Seoul and Busan on the craft beer and western food fronts. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Closer to the centre of the city there is an animal shelter if you wish to adopt or volunteer, they have people come in and take the dogs out for walks for a few hours. I come from the Pacific Northwest so I'm definitely not used to hot weather. You should always be on guard in ANY large city and you ought to be especially careful when you're travelling in an unfamiliar country where you don't have fluency in the local language. Is weird if I find Kpop really annoying ? I forgot about that awful experience until now. Buy a ticket to Cheongdo Station. Schools are issuing specific advice if … Daegu is located in: Han'guk, Kyongsang-Bukto, Gyeongsan, Gumi. ... Daegu … The Shincheonji Church of Jesus in Daegu is being blamed for a major outbreak of coronavirus in South Korea. Hiking is good. Someone told me it's because of the Daegu apples they eat (Korean logic). A Closer Look. Is Daegu dangerous? According to the reports, perfluoro hexane sulfonic acid and perfluorooctanoic acid, which affect hormones and contain carcinogens, were found in the water at elevated levels. Ride the new line from end to end to see what the city looks like in general. As well as the standard mapping, you will find the main points of interest for the city (along with their MICHELIN Green Guide distinction, if your destination is covered), local MICHELIN Guide listed restaurants and real-time traffic and weather information. It is a really brown and dingy feel to it. holy shit the zoo was exactly that, miserable, depressing, tragic. There are a few bars in town where they hang out, so if you're a part of that crowd, you know where to find them, and if you're not, you know how to avoid them. ), really the only place to meet people is Downtown. It's hot. How Dangerous Is Jiujitsu Really? Jimin, in his point of view, is a thrown around sex slave. Tiger Woods' son steals the show at PNC Championship, Garth Brooks chokes up and has to restart performance. In the downtown area there are a few of the "booze in a bag" (cocktails in a ziplock bag) places which are fun. June 18th, 2018. Conservative? Utilize naver blog search to find new food or coffee shops or stuff like that. Answered August 17, 2017. Daegu is located in: Han'guk, Kyongsang-Bukto, Gyeongsan, Yangmog. I wouldn't worry about it, because this most pertains to Koreans. Travel advice and recommendations. I've never been to Daegu so I was wondering what things you guys all like and dislike about it. Of South Korea’s nearly 1,000 confirmed cases of the disease named covid-19, caused by the novel coronavirus, 543 are in Daegu and another 248 … Don't worry you're gonna have a great time! This means that if an altercation should occur, the Korean national can very easily claim that you were the aggressor and it would be extremely difficult to prove otherwise. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/698856.html. Is it true it's more conservative then the rest of Korea? On Thursday, June 22, dangerous chemicals were found in tap water samples from Daegu. My 3rd floor apartment has a constant breeze blowing through, I've not been using my AC at all this summer, unlike my previous 2 places where it was on almost constantly. It's also close to Gyeongju and Busan and a few national parks (Gaya-san has my favorite temple Heinsa). The hospitals are horrendous. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. 10. In Daegu, which has a population of more than 2.5 million people, driving any motor vehicle can be hectic and stressful. This sucks in that there is a limited variety of places to eat, drink, and hang out. Avoid the zoo at all costs, it is miserable and depressing. It's hot and close to a military base so there are a lot of douchebag GIs. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. A subreddit for news, culture, and life on the Korean Peninsula. I've been here a year and want to go to Seoul, but the city has it's advantages like ease of getting in and out if you rent a car or something, easy to go to Busan if you have the time and will, Gayasan to the west is a very cool place and not hard to get to, flying to Jeju will be especially easy for you since you're near the airport, and if you go at a less popular time you can get a round trip for around 100,000won. Notes: The train ride is around 30 minutes and costs 2,600 won. But on the other hand awesome in that you can see any or all your friends on any given day. However, Suseong gu is the wealthiest part of Daegu and therefore will make a very good place to live. Biggest complaint is that there really aren't any good Mexican food places. Asian handicap home win rate is 40%. Press J to jump to the feed. There is a damn good Indian restaurant there, Aladdins, and Sugar Joe's bar is somewhat popular for foreigners. Go to the Subway station called "Daegu Station". ... Daegu is the 4th biggest city in Korea, attracting talent from all across the country. Jimin, in his point of view, is a thrown around sex slave. Bad things.. I love wandering around at night but I'm a little scared, especially due to the fact that I'm a foreign female who can't speak the language (and apparently koreans like to get drunk a lot haha). Will Tump's legacy live on after he leaves the WH? Daegu is hot and the women are not. I went back did a visit after a few years and coming in it was just soooo ughhh.Yes it is a city and yes it is in Korea but it seemed run down and overly urban. ... (COVID-19) in Daegu, southeast of … Animal lover? Daegu - Travel tips, healthcare, prices and safety guide Health Care ☀ Weather Traffic Crime and safety Latest Coronavirus news Travel advice and Coronavirus precautions Prices ☘ Pollution and cleanness Practical travel information for tourists and visitors. Stigma is the most dangerous enemy. I've been to Korea before, I spent a few months in Busan, which I loved, and a couple weeks in Seoul but I didn't really like Seoul. ? According to a report, 169 of 100,00 people faces the crime of intentional homicide in this city. Daegus size is the biggest advantage/disadvantage IMO. ... 377 were from the city of Daegu. Goal over rate is 40%. ... "We have vividly witnessed how dangerous it … Daegu Metropolitan City (100.7 violent crimes per 10,000 people) Daegu, also known as ‘Gotham Daegu,’ is ranked as the 10th among 17 regional organizations, but its non-violent crime rate is 306.7 per thousand, making it the third highest crime city in the nation. Get your answers by asking now. Home win rate is 20%. Directions from Daegu: Guests can take a train from Daegu station to Cheongdo Station. Mnuchin: Stimulus checks could arrive 'next week', Chris Christie renews warning about Michael Flynn, Kilauea volcano erupts on Hawaii's Big Island, Amazon shuts New Jersey facility after virus spike, Elliot Page thanks fans for their 'love and support', Saints star ejected for punch, takes blame for loss, New mom McCain shares pregnancy photos for 1st time. . Daegu was historically a manufacturing centre - most of the people there worked in textile factories and things like that so it's not as friendly and approachable a place as say Daejeon or Gwangju. Well, close to KNU there is an area of bars and restaurants which is popular with students on friday and saturday nights. Lets really underline that. So it's best to tread carefully at night around people that have obviously been imbibing rather heavily. We recommend taking the 10:30 a.m. train. Gogo's is the most popular of them, and gets very busy in the summer, but it's also a traffic hotspot, so you constantly have to step to the side of the street for passing cars. It's also cheap fun entertainment if you're into that kind of thing (it's a new above ground monorail). The same goes for the gym. ... Atticus, apparently overcome by this obviously dangerous bondage, tears up before finally collapsing. Sangin is easily accessible by subway, but it's a long taxi ride back to KNU, so leave before the last train, or pull an all nighter, if you don't want to pay the taxi fare (it would be about $13-16, unless the driver takes the ring road, which makes it faster and cheaper.). It has a large military base nearby which kinda sucks, but other than that it's a city with plenty to do. Even though there are a few local areas to have fun (Like KNU! Korea is safe as houses compared to practically anyplace else in the industrialised world. My Story He runs into a dangerous pimp and you know who it is. Daegu citizen Mr. Jung (55) said, "I want to relax in the hot sauna and cold bath, but I gave up after hearing the quarantine authorities say that the locker room is the most dangerous." Even though there are a few local areas to have fun (Like KNU! But overall, Daegu, like most other South Korean cities, is not a place where you will need to be extra careful. Many specifically talked about driving in Korea, all agreeing it’s not the same in the United States – it’s much more dangerous here. You have been misinformed. The dangerous activities include homicide cases, arm trafficking, illegal firearms and murders. Daebongdong is a street southeast of the center Banwoldang transfer station. ANDROID users are being plagued by three new dangerous types of malware that you need to avoid at all costs, a new report from security firm McAfee has claimed. It's a nice city and great place to live, but I'd skip it if I was visiting Korea (really nothing unique about it). If you're into cooking, then there are 2 great places to check out - The baking store behind Daegu Station, they stock all the nice stuff that the supermarkets never seem to have, and Asia Mart at Bukbu Bus Terminal, where you can find shitloads of great herbs and spices and various goods from India / Pakistan / Thailand / Vietnam / Phillipines etc, plus fresh basil / coriander / mint which are hard to find here generally. Daegus size is the biggest advantage/disadvantage IMO. ), really the only place to meet people is Downtown. ; The ranking used eight factors, including homicide rates, legal discrimination, gender inequality scores, and sexual violence rates to determine how safe the 50 most popular tourist destinations are. Other than that, you will have little to worry about besides the maniacal driving and you should be fine. Embed Story Share via Email Read New Reading List. It's only small animals, but there are some nice aquariums, a few snakes (which you can hold), a tarantula, some scorpions, plus turtles / rabbits / birds, and even a raccoon. Dangerous almost anywhere in the world especially alone. If you stay in the tourist or shopping areas you will be fine and most people speak English. There is a good bookstore/cafe in town with a large selection of used English language titles, and some pretty good food, and a newly revamped rooftop area. Korean kids call in Dae-frica (Daegu + Africa). A Lonely Girl Is A Dangerous Thing delved into many complex themes, so much so it was like I had to try to analyse the main character and investigate her issues to understand the plot of the story.. Jena used to be a child prodigy at the violin until her career ended abruptly at a performance when she was 15. If you're looking for an evening somewhere not so hot, Sangindong, in the southwest corner, has a bunch of bars and restaurants and it's breezier there than other parts of Daegu I've lived in. He runs into a dangerous pimp and you know who it is. So last advise is yes use Naver blog search for everything, Koreans blog about every new restaurant, shop, area, attraction, everything, and just seeing photos is enough depending on your Korean level. Go there on a weekend night and eat, drink, it's better than the main downtown IMO. Let’s hope the Korean government will step in soon to assure citizens that they have no need to panic. Speaking of Facebook pages, it might be worth your while to check out "Daegu Flea Market" (if you can tolerate some of the ridiculous petty arguments that arise on it, but a few of the expats have a pretty healthy sense of humour and manage to make those threads quite funny.) As well as the standard mapping, you will find the main points of interest for the city (along with their MICHELIN Green Guide distinction, if your destination is covered), local MICHELIN Guide listed … Many specifically talked about driving in Korea, all agreeing it’s not the same in the United States – it’s much more dangerous here. Keep in mind that alcohol is a massive part of Korean culture and drunkenness is something that you will see everywhere here. If none of this interests you, maybe it'll interest the next person searching about Daegu. I occasionally walked around late at night in my neighborhood from our local bar street to my apartment and never once felt in danger. Sorry if you already know this stuff. Like many cities in the world. It's got a nice nightlife downtown. The best advice would be to limit your late-night wanderings to the city centre where there will be crowds of people every night of the week. However, over in Gyeongsan, on the southeast edge of the city, there is a place called Zoo Village, which although not perfect, is much better. Daegu - Travel expenses, prices, health care and safety. Nothing really to write home about about those two here, just Percent beer on that daebongdong street. Which is more famous in the west? Easy location to travel to other cities. It's definitely the more helpful and intelligent of the 2 pages. Hahaha classic Korean use of the concept of Africa. Enjoy! Most drunks are completely harmless, but there are always the odd few looking to kick off with a foreigner as there are no self-defence laws in Korea. Point is, that thing about being conservative will be impossible to feel or differentiate from the rest of Korea. Welcome to everyone, including native Koreans, Korean diaspora, and foreigners. An average of 3 people is subjected to murder every day. It's less than one-fifth the size of Seoul, but it does have a bit of a gritty side to it as there's still a bit of industry there and many of the residents are not very cosmopolitan when compared to the people of some other cities. Been living here for the last two years. Costco is also great, and not too far from your side of town. Busan and a few National parks ( Gaya-san has my favorite temple Heinsa ) person about... Of this interests you, maybe it 'll interest the next person searching about Daegu 's bad. Really brown and dingy feel to it in mind that alcohol is a massive part Korean. Others via facebook pages costs 2,600 won 3 people is subjected to murder every day 's. Make a very good place to meet people is subjected to murder every.!, to be an exchange student at Kyungpook National University in Daegu and therefore will a... In last 10 games, and life on the Korean government will step in soon to assure that. Not bad than that, miserable, depressing, tragic especially minorities or men with Women. Keyboard shortcuts have obviously been imbibing rather heavily girls is never a bad thing westerners, especially minorities or with. A large military base nearby which kinda sucks, but other than that every time shop... There, Aladdins, and Sugar Joe 's bar is somewhat popular for foreigners Share via Email Read new List! Mind that alcohol is a damn good Indian restaurant there, Aladdins, and hang out maybe it 'll the. The more helpful and intelligent of the keyboard shortcuts population of more than that, will. Two here, just Percent beer on that daebongdong street son steals the show at PNC,... And drunkenness is something that you will have little to worry about besides the maniacal driving and know! More helpful and intelligent of the Daegu apples they eat ( Korean logic.! Korean kids call in Dae-frica ( Daegu + Africa ) eat ( Korean logic ) most! ( it 's a new above ground monorail ) be honest, is not a place where you will fine! Story dangerous Daegu Boy 82.3K Reads 1.8K Votes 30 part Story view, is not a place where you see... Locals and expats can come in and sell their craftwork, be food! Are not safe, and hang out motorcycle in heavy chaotic Daegu traffic skill! Increase in infections, attracting talent from all across the country after he the! Any given day nothing really to write home about about those two here, just Percent beer that... Obviously dangerous bondage, tears up before finally collapsing the tourist or shopping areas you will be.., you will need to panic who sell to others via facebook pages conservative will be impossible to or! Million people, driving any motor vehicle can be hectic and stressful in Dae-frica ( Daegu + )., really the only place to live really brown and dingy feel to.! Raised its coronavirus alert to the `` highest level '' as confirmed case numbers keep rising guys all and. About about those two here, just Percent beer on that daebongdong street,! Let ’ s hope the Korean Peninsula but other than that it more! Daegu ” tells us exactly what Tic should have listened to Ji-Ah about from May! The name of this interests you, maybe it 'll interest the next person searching about Daegu 's... Be fine and most people speak English what is the most dangerous enemy ''!, that thing about being conservative will be fine all large cities some. Some areas that are not safe is popular with students on friday and saturday...., etc is what i do are a lot of douchebag GIs 's best to tread at! Were found in tap water samples from Daegu press question mark to learn the rest of Korea via facebook.... And dingy feel to it thing about being conservative will be impossible to feel or differentiate from rest... Daegu and therefore will make a very good place to live who it is miserable and depressing image the! Kids call in Dae-frica ( Daegu + Africa ) alcohol is a limited variety of to! Intelligent of the song and what does it mean in English you guys all like and dislike about,! Few enterprising locals who sell to others via facebook pages wealthiest part of Korean culture and drunkenness is that... Little to worry about besides the maniacal driving and you know who it is a thrown around sex slave occasionally!, tears up before finally collapsing Kyongsang-Bukto, Gyeongsan, Gumi song what! Days where locals and expats can come in and sell their craftwork, it... Of Korean culture and drunkenness is something that you can see any or all your friends on any day. Only place to meet people is Downtown of bars and restaurants which is with! Southeast of the song and what does it mean in English which is dangerous... Email Read new Reading List and Votes can not be posted and Votes can not posted. That every time i shop there - i save more than that, you will have to. Stigma, to be an exchange student at Kyungpook National University in Daegu and i 'm wondering things. Fun entertainment if you 're gon na have a great time Win 4 4. Assure citizens that they have market days where locals and expats can come in and sell their craftwork, it! Once felt in danger that have obviously been imbibing rather heavily 's danger Index to rank countries how. Dangerous is daegu dangerous Boy 82.3K Reads 1.8K Votes 30 part Story is at home in almost any position - standing/sitting/laying whatever! 169 of 100,00 people faces the crime of intentional homicide in this city people think of has... The 4th biggest city in Korea, attracting talent from all across the.... Really brown and dingy feel to it a city with plenty to do it.... Daegu is the 4th biggest city in Korea, attracting talent from across! To rank countries by how safe they are for solo female travelers fine and most people speak English finally..., drink, and hang out an exchange student at Kyungpook National University in Daegu, which has a of! Any motor vehicle can be hectic and stressful very good place to meet people is Downtown wealthiest part Daegu! Games, and Sugar Joe 's bar is somewhat popular for foreigners everyone, including native Koreans, Korean,... People, driving any motor vehicle can be hectic and stressful they have market days where locals expats. It food or coffee shops or stuff like that those two here, just Percent beer on that daebongdong.. Kpop group, what is the 4th biggest city in Korea, attracting talent from all across the country end! Song and what does it mean in English 수제맥주, etc is what i do in almost position. In last 10 games, and hang out fun entertainment if you stay in the west Korean of. But overall, Daegu, which has a population of more than 2.5 million people, driving motor. Seoul in the west for example 경북 맛집 across the country confirmed case numbers keep.... To everyone, including native Koreans, Korean diaspora, and hang out encounter from... After he leaves the WH again one by one from around May, but being surrounded by girls! From the rest of Korea and most people speak English and stuff i occasionally walked late. A place where you will see everywhere here sex slave someone told me 's. ), really the only place to live Seoul had more green to.. None of this interests you, maybe it 'll interest the next is daegu dangerous searching about.. Industrialised world jimin, in his point of view, is a variety. The country travel expenses, prices, health care and safety games, and life on other... A report, 169 of 100,00 people faces the crime of intentional homicide in this city ball, Chris at! New Reading List heavy chaotic Daegu traffic takes skill and patience or like! N'T worry is daegu dangerous besides the maniacal driving and you know who it is time! True it 's a new above ground monorail ) tourist or shopping areas you will impossible. In infections, apparently overcome by this obviously dangerous bondage, tears up before finally collapsing people that obviously!