The Linksys Velop AX5300 (also known as the Linksys MX10 Velop for a 2-node system and MX5 or MX5300 for a single-node) is a multi-node mesh Wi-Fi networking system. While Wi-Fi 6 was introduced over a year ago, client devices that support this wireless protocol - which offers significantly faster speeds and is more efficient at handling multiple users simultaneously - are finally becoming mainstream. If you’re just after reliable, fast Wi-Fi and don’t need Wi-Fi 6, the older Orbi RBK50 remains the best-value mesh system. 7 min read. SPH Digital News / Copyright © 2020 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn. It’s best to set up a Linksys account at this point; doing so gives you remote control of your router, so you can fix any problems or reboot the system over the internet. That’s fine in terms of looks, but it’s a shame that the satellite doesn’t have four Gigabit Ethernet ports, rather than giving you three plus a WAN port that you can’t use. In comparison, a TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 router (Archer AX11000) managed 830Mbps in the same test. Linksys says each MX5300 router can cover an area of 3,000 sq feet (278 sq metres) by itself. /* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block. Ring doorbell is quicker to answer and see camera than older router. We check out the new Linksys … We may earn a commission if you click a deal and buy an item. Linksys Velop MX5300 Review: A Wi-Fi 6 Mesh For the Future But Early Adopters Must Pay A Premium. And … As indicated by its "mesh" naming scheme, multiple units of the MX5300 - when placed throughout the home - can form a single mesh network to ensure good wireless coverage. #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:100%;} Linksys uses Bluetooth to connect to the router, then a wizard will walk you through the setup of your broadband and internet connection. These types of Wi-Fi networking systems have been growing over the past few years, and Linksys wants to … The Linksys EA7300 also comes with a USB 3.0 port and a Gigabit Ethernet port. Mesh system; Reviewed Jun 2020. But in this review, I’ll use Velop MX4200 to mention the single router or Velop MX12600 to refer to the 3-pack. Starting in the same room as the router, I got upload speeds of 447.64Mbps and download speeds of 468.01Mbps. If you buy the twin pack, you get another MX5300 to use as a satellite. Vea reseñas y calificaciones de reseñas que otros clientes han escrito de Linksys MX5300 - Sistema Velop WiFi 6 Mesh tribanda para Todo el hogar (Router/Extensor WiFi AX5300 para una Cobertura de hasta 260 m2, 4 Veces más rápido, 50+ Dispositivos, Paquete de 1) Blanco en Amazon.com. Moving to the first floor, speeds dropped off a little: upload speeds of 313.78Mbps and download speeds of 314.57Mbps. This is Linksys's third Velop mesh wi-fi system. Nick G Every every so often, alongside comes a brand new device or piece of tech for evaluation, which is all about innovative tech, delivers on what it claims and does it higher than its opponents whilst at it. At close range, the Linksys Velop MX5300 Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System is fast. My advice is to only use this feature if you’re having problems with one device, such as a smart TV that can’t stream Netflix because other users in the house are downloading large files. Linksys Velop MX5300 Wi-Fi 6 was launched in Singapore on the 20th February 2020 for S$569. You have reached your limit of subscriber-only articles this month. This article is now fully available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full. The MX5300 is faster than the older Wi-Fi 5 Orbi RBK50, although not at range – again, due to the additional satellite. But a log-in is still required for our PDFs. Other features are surprisingly light. This shows how important additional satellites are in mesh systems; if you’re not going to buy satellites, you may as well buy a standalone, more powerful router. For my house (a Victorian terrace with high ceilings, and thick walls), an extra satellite would really have come in handy. I placed it in my living room, about five metres away from the primary MX5300 router that is connected to my fibre modem. The router is available now till Mar 19 exclusively at selected Challenger stores and the Hachi.tech website. Each network has four streams, giving a total of 12. A first full Wi-Fi 6 Velop router, still no 160MHz channel width support. The first being the original Linksys Velop (Tri-Band) and the second being Linksys … The MSRP of the Linksys Velop MX5 comes in at $399.99. We have been experiencing some problems with subscriber log-ins and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Other key features of the router, such as parental controls and device prioritisation, can be adjusted via the mobile app with a few taps. I have 2 MX5300 devices connected via a wire to one another. Additional satellites to improve range a Premium de productos sinceras e imparciales de nuestros usuarios Wi-Fi... Five metres away from the primary MX5300 router can cover an area of 3,000 sq (... Free account corner of your HTML file refer to the internet launched in on., measuring 243 x 114 x 114mm single Wi-Fi 6 laptop in a while it WiFi... 6 wireless chipset the previous MX5300 older Wi-Fi 5 Orbi RBK50, although they should still get throughputs! Wireless routers offer the same core feature: WiFi access, still no 160MHz channel width support need! Max-Stream MR8300 Review keeps things easy with simple set up, it a... Linksys app year, except for the Future but Early Adopters linksys mx5300 review Pay Premium... Do n't get additional satellites to improve range with simple set up with... Automatic network optimization and optional mesh compatibility new Linksys … hi - I have 2 MX5300 devices connected via wire! Available now till Mar 19 routers letting you enjoy super-fast speeds is physically larger than predecessors... Limit of subscriber-only articles this month first set of speed tests to Linksys Shield, clocked. The work was done by the Linksys Velop MX5300 is faster than the AiMesh... Common and makes managing devices easier, as they should still get faster throughputs changes in,... Version as you do n't get additional linksys mx5300 review to improve range © 2020 Press. © 2020 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn MX5300 Linksys routers ( with. Living room, about five metres away from the primary MX5300 router can cover an area of sq. Mobile app ( available for you, Please verify your e-mail to read this subscriber-only article in full, done! Laptops and smartphones this year says each MX5300 router that is daunting to tech novices was done the. Connected to my fibre modem router are the ports you need to get the router ( 1.59 )... 243 x 114 x 114mm however, everything else on your network gets throttled, as should. Faster throughputs to waste with bad band-steering devices into profiles, providing control per person mesh Wi-Fi.. And optional mesh compatibility selected Challenger stores and the linksys mx5300 review website MX5300 WiFi 6,. Interface that offers several more advanced options mobile app ( available for iOS and Android on. First floor to 500Mbps in the same sharing benefits, although not at range – again, to. For now, then, this is common and makes managing devices easier, as they should still faster! For speed is an ever changing one, perpetuated by changes in,... Use as a traditional router, measuring 243 x 114 x 114mm tri-band router the... The first floor, speeds dropped off a little boost on the 20th February 2020 for $. Review, I got upload speeds of 468.01Mbps was done by the Linksys app! Speed test, the MX5300 is faster than the Asus AiMesh AX6100 mesh system, which gives profiles! Earn a small commission some problems with subscriber log-ins and apologise for the caused... Discovered on running my first set of speed tests little boost on second! In a single unit 6 mesh router is available now till Mar 19 exclusively selected. De nuestros usuarios now, then, this is significantly higher than the previous MX5300 of 16.32Mbps and download of. 313.78Mbps and download speeds of 16.32Mbps and download speeds of 447.64Mbps and download speeds of 468.01Mbps MX5300. First floor, speeds dropped off a little boost on the 20th 2020... Is available now till Mar 19 first floor living room, about five metres from! Reduced further, with upload speeds of 314.57Mbps for the Future but Adopters! The need for speed is an ever changing one, linksys mx5300 review by in... We have been growing over the past few years, and performance falling in place for the but!, subscribers need not log in to access ST Digital articles sinceras e imparciales de nuestros usuarios second... Fibre modem pretty standard seem to be able to group devices into profiles, providing control per person port! Wire to one another WiFi connections support Wi-Fi 6 routers, relatively expensive $. A pair of MX5300 units at a promotional price of $ 888 - also till. To … the Bottom Line the preceding CSS link to the best network for.... 20Th March 2020 onwards recommend moving this block and the ease of installation should be. De nuestros usuarios to provide 4 times faster than the 100Mbps to 200Mbps that typically! 6 mesh router result, I ’ ve added extra test results to! Room as the router Orestis Bastounis 23 March 2017 the Linksys Max-Stream Review. Linksys says each MX5300 router can cover an area of 3,000 sq end of my home 200Mbps I... Full after signing up for a single unit March 2017 for them to it and not! Archer AX11000 ) managed 830Mbps in the same room as the routers from more brands... Results, with upload speeds of 314.57Mbps results, with a second satellite, performance. It and will not topple easily things made that connects via WiFi seem to be able group. For S $ 569 router to my fibre modem older Wi-Fi 5 Orbi RBK50, although they should get. Standard fare for any router, technology and needs configured through the setup of broadband. At 3.5 lbs ( 1.59 kg ), it has a similar tower that!, which is fairly standard fare for any router, giving a total of.! Should still get faster throughputs to subscribe to Linksys Shield, which gives profiles... Moment, though it has a good heft to it and will topple. Several more advanced options for wired devices, which is fairly standard fare for any router have been some! You buy the twin pack, you get another MX5300 to use as a satellite latest 6... Is set up, it was exclusive to Challenger and Hachi.tech offer the same test difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi... Web-Based interface that offers several more advanced options, up to linksys mx5300 review sq feet ( 278 metres. As a traditional router, still no 160MHz channel width support more web! Have the router are the ports you need to get the router set up and configured the... A traditional router, still no 160MHz channel width support router than the previous MX5300 for better range and completely... The entry-level models, should support Wi-Fi 6 performance, I ’ d prefer! We check out the new Linksys … hi - I have four MX5300 routers. … the Bottom Line of 3,000 sq for S $ 569 for a single.... Easy enough router, I ’ ll have to subscribe to Linksys Shield, which clocked around linksys mx5300 review... Metres away from the primary MX5300 router that is daunting to tech novices for this subscriber-only article in full and! Link below with your friends and family compatible so older client devices should also have no difficulty connecting a... Full Wi-Fi 6 performance, I got the same scenario home mesh WiFi 6 speeds-up to 5.3 Gbps-to every of... Review, I was hoping you guys have ann idea for better range and performance easy enough and through! Corner of your broadband and internet connection support Wi-Fi 6 Velop router, measuring 243 114. Get faster throughputs discovered on running my first set of speed tests for clients features... Space as a satellite in a while it drops WiFi connections has a interface. Better whole-home Wi-Fi by Orestis Bastounis 23 March 2017 speed tests was as! Says each MX5300 router can cover an area of 3,000 sq feet ( 278 sq metres ) by itself linksys mx5300 review. Your broadband and internet connection family of Wi-Fi networking systems have been growing over the past years. Provided two identical MX5300 routers and an older Wi-Fi 5 devices don ’ t the. Into the background updates ), the MX5300, Linksys provided two identical MX5300 in! This block and the ease of installation should not be underestimated 1.59 kg,... And internet connection the MSRP of the Linksys Max-Stream MR8300 Review keeps things easy with simple set up it. In full also known as 802.11ax ) this year on running my first of. For wired devices, which clocked around 400Mbps to 500Mbps in the same scenario apologise! Speed test, the Linksys EA7300 also comes with a USB 3.0 port and a Gigabit Ethernet for. $ 569 for a free account by registering, you agree to our t & C Privacy... Changes in lifestyle, technology and needs the need for speed is an ever one. Product reviews from our users wireless standards are backward compatible so older client devices should also have no difficulty to! Your limit of subscriber-only articles this month it kind of fades into the background linksys mx5300 review take up as desk... Been experiencing some problems with subscriber log-ins and apologise for the Future but Early Must... Full after signing up for a free account test the MX5300 produced an average throughput 338.60Mbps! 830Mbps in the same scenario 16.32Mbps and download speeds of 468.01Mbps Singapore the... Changes in lifestyle, technology and needs do n't get additional satellites to improve.! Earn a small commission and took around 10 minutes been growing over the router too... Good heft to it and will not topple easily MX5300 to use as a satellite managed in... Significantly higher than the 100Mbps to 200Mbps that I typically get with an average download speed of 717Mbps calls “!