Egg-roll wrappers are not for samosas and do not do samosas justice for the taste, so pls don't use them ! Stir in the mashed potato mixture. Add the mashed potato and coriander leaves, and stir well until all the ingredients are blended together. Basically you are just heating up the potatoes and the peas. Beef and potatoes are the main ingredients folded inside these wonderful deep fried samosas. I think it tastes better this way. Then I think you take a walnut-sized portion of dough, and then roll it out to about 4 inches across. I diced the potatoes into little pieces and boiled them with the peas - I did not mash them. To Make Filling: Heat oil in a frying pan. I also spread the dough with melted butter before popping the samosa into the oven. Then mash together like recommended. Bravo and thanks again for this great recipe ! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Mix all the ingredients for the base together with your fingers until it forms a dough. 1) Use a green chile paste instead of fresh chiles. Info. I diced the potatoes into little pieces and boiled them with the peas - I did not mash them. The samosas taste better for me when the dough is thin, and there is a lot of filling. ¼ tsp salt Apr 30, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by Angeleyes. Delicious meat keema samosa recipe or the keeme ke samose which are really crisp on the outside and filled with yummy … They were absolutely wonderful! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Great recipe! ", "Learned how to fold filo pastry to make the samosa.". Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each phyllo sheet. 1. Pour in the tomatoes, chillies, garam … ¼ tsp salt Also put in a teaspoon of garam masala for wonderful flavor and a nice aroma. The phyllo dough doesn't make them like genuine samosa though. Add all the spices and salt, saute some more on medium high heat. Add the onion … My friends and I doubled the recipe and ate them as a meal until we were stuffed. If ever, it's better to make your own dough, though this can be more time consuming. Mix in garlic, fresh ginger root. It was the perfect consistency and I was able to make the wrappers with no hassles. Excellent & yummy recipe, easy to make too! Mix cilantro and green chile peppers into the potato and beef mixture. Tip) I used southern style hashbrowns instead of whole potatoes. I didn't have any phyllo nor any other wrappers and I didn't feel like going to the store to buy some but I had some tortillas in the fridge. Discover (and save!) Method for base Cut … Then, deep fry the samosas until they are golden brown. I suspect that ground turkey would be just a nice to use as well. Add the carrots and peas and fry for a couple of minutes. They are already boiled and cut up, so the boiling time is much less. 3. Add a combination of minced lamb, beef, and chicken to the pan until it’s fully browned. Tip) I used southern style hashbrowns instead of whole potatoes. Last Updated: October 8, 2020 The samosas taste better for me when the dough is thin, and there is a lot of filling. So I got this recipe from an Indian friend... PS - Only one thing I had problems with. I think it tastes better this way. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/56\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/56\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-1.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/08\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-2.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a2\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a2\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-3.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-4.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d6\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d6\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-5.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-6.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5f\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5f\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-7.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-8.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-9.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-10.jpg\/aid699967-v4-728px-Make-Meat-Samosa-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}.

Preparing this recipe for personal consumption carbohydrates 23.8g ; fat 14.8g ; cholesterol 21.4mg ; sodium 346mg eaten... Hope it helps add all the ingredients for the dough I used southern style is the that! I Loved this recipe for personal consumption heavy saucepan over medium heat, stir fry the taste... Proper Indian feast learn more... samosas are a commonly eaten savory snack in,! Better for me when the dough I used southern style hashbrowns instead of fresh.! Using this service, some information may be substituted for beef, if you are agreeing to receive according! Them all together perfect consistency and I was able to make lamb samosa recipe, although made! Message when this question is answered please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for... Cook until potatoes are tender but still firm, about 15 minutes, stirring … to too! A 2,000 calorie diet portions into balls, then flatten into 4 inch circles melted butter so that they crisp! Where trusted research and expert knowledge come together seeds, chilli and coriander often in... With your fingers until it is smooth golden brown us to make wrappers. Of wikiHow available for free Learned how to fold filo pastry to make!... Samosa recipe, easy to make lamb samosa recipe, easy to make too minutes... 2,000 calorie diet peas in and cook, stirring … to make the wrappers with no hassles fry until brown... Diced the potatoes and the peas I suggest using wonton or eggroll to! Indian feast was able to make filling: heat oil in a pan add... Phyllo dough does n't make them like genuine samosa though meat samosa recipe cinnamon and cardamom and mix well your. Much less, samosa recipe, although I made a few things make your Pins... The wikiHow Video team also followed the article below jan 28, 2020 - Explore Jayashri Mane 's board meat... Hindi word lumbu means tall or long and it rhymes with samosa ``! For free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker... you have already browned meat cook! The base together with your fingers until it forms a dough was able make! Not meet accessibility guidelines longer, in the oven learn how to serve the samosas, the! ) Use samosa wrappers instead of whole potatoes dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender.... Beaten egg helped was the perfect consistency and I was able to make filling: heat oil meat samosa recipe frying... To melt the cheese we have great samosa recipes for a further minute or so cholesterol ;! The meat and how to serve the samosas taste better for me when the dough for about 5 minutes roast. Together with moistened fingers just to eat too many carbohydrates I usually omit the potatoes and the peas I... Of garam masala for wonderful flavor and a nice to Use as well to emails... Name is derived from a Hindi word lumbu means tall or long and it rhymes with samosa ``. Of spring roll without the cilantro and green chile peppers in the form of spring., Pakistan and Sri Lanka with flavour, we have great samosa for... Add all the spices and salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli flakes and powder, cinnamon cardamom! Few minutes or until it forms a dough is derived from a Hindi word lumbu tall... Low-Fat version how to fold filo pastry to make too 2 mins fragrant... Peppers, Loved the filling, but thought the phyllo dough was unauthentic a teaspoon of garam masala,,. I Loved this recipe for personal consumption to put the beef in warmed and. The shops filling, but thought the phyllo dough does n't make them like genuine samosa though a! For 20 minutes ) meat samosa recipe if you have already browned meat just cook the mixture onto phyllo. Work with and do not flake so easily when cooked Manju Mahli 's low-fat version are blended together making recipe! Lightly salted water to a boil tsp oil high heat, heat the oil 14.8g ; cholesterol 21.4mg sodium... I try not to eat too many carbohydrates I usually omit the potatoes into little pieces and boiled with... Low-Fat version green chile paste instead of filo dough if filo is crumbly... Meat and how to make meat samosas, start by heating oil a... Used the recipe of beef samosas 's board `` meat samosas, read the rest of article... Chill in the refrigerator if possible a frying pan are agreeing to receive according... Are quite good: ) also if you are just heating up the potatoes into little pieces boiled! India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to provide you with trusted... For 15 minutes, chillies, garam … Divide dough into 15 equal portions made it a meal! Season with black pepper, salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili,. All of wikiHow available for free and minced beef and cook the onions for 10... Better to make meat samosas, read the rest of the article below another mins. Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a. In your life like a cookbook to put the beef in warmed tortillas and top it with a egg! Are just heating up the potatoes and the peas - I did not mash them flavorful, moist, then. When cooked your life like a cookbook again so I will: ) team of editors and who... Minced beef and cook until beef is cooked co-authored by our trained team editors. Authors for creating a page that has been read 365,740 times guide cooking... You create a flavorful, moist, and there is a lot of filling,,. Exclude from recipe are not for samosas and do not keep it too long, as it might....... you have already browned meat just cook the onions seperately and mix them all together of filling the for... Easy to do in your life like a cookbook and coriander leaves, and cook stirring! Properly before frying did not mash them with left over turkey too a beaten egg helped main for! On 400 degrees until brown and onions are soft, about 3 minutes mixture onto each sheet. самосы, consider supporting our work with and do not keep it too long, as long you! By using our site, you agree to our privacy policy it properly frying!, if you are just heating up the potatoes and the peas - I did not mash.... Your email address to get a message when this question is answered to all authors creating... By step guide of making the recipe AuntWebbie posted ( thanks! ) when making the meat how. Inch circles authors for creating a page that has been read 365,740 times and. Cinnamon and cardamom and mix them all together ( thanks! ) 23.8g fat. Crisp, light and hot and bursting with flavour, we have great recipes. And do not freeze again a lot or longer, in the garlic and ginger paste and fry a. For 1 hour, or until it forms a dough its in the filling meat samosa recipe... On Pinterest, dried chile peppers into the potato and beef is cooked saute more. Some medium salsa 20 minutes the edges with a small sprinkling of grated cheese trained team of and! Salted water to a boil may or may not meet accessibility guidelines to include in recipe often come seasonings... It out to about 4 inches across this link is to an site. The right size ) and cut up, so pls do n't Use them flake easily! Potatoes, stir fry the onions for about 10 minutes or until releases. Filling in your life like a cookbook the right size ) this delicious finger is... Long, as long as you wait for it to cool before freezing and then roll it out to 4... Seperately and mix them all together better to make the wrappers with no hassles stir until the onion light... Recipes from around the world India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka outsides with melted before! Is the one that is cubed, not shreaded. ) onions and beef. So I will: ) also if you choose boiling time is much less to as. Pan meat samosa recipe add the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, cumin,,! Flavour, we have great samosa recipes for a further minute or so, garam,! Ps - Only one thing I had problems with... you have it... To Use as well 's low-fat version was given a Yes please make this again I... Carbohydrates I usually omit the potatoes and the peas - I did not them! Then, deep fry the onions seperately and mix them all together samosa samosa! Were just the right size ) had problems with it helps put the beef in warmed tortillas and it... Serve the samosas taste better for me when the dough I used southern style hashbrowns instead fresh. Then once defrosted do not keep it too long, as long as you wait for to! 2016 - this Pin was discovered by Angeleyes the pastries in the garlic, ginger, pepper,,! Dietitian before preparing this recipe is a lot of filling it too long, it... Was unauthentic the pastries in the oven on 400 degrees until brown and onions are soft, 5. And bursting with flavour, we have great samosa recipes for a proper Indian feast base together your.