What’s this blog about? If you already know how to use these expressions, then just substitute in the odd “¡qué roche!” here and there, and you’re away. But, like I always tell students, since Spanish is spoken in over 20 countries, and each has its own cuss words and slang and regionalisms, how can anyone learn all the stuff we SHOULD know, let alone all the stuff we SHOULDN’T ever say. Ay qué pena. In standard Spanish, it means “what a shame!”. I took a Medical Spanish course too, and had to confirm some of the technical anatomical words there. #1: Qué pena. Learn the Spanish spoken in the street. Warning! Aw, that stinks.) October 12, 2011 by spanishseville. Contact us; Peña Leave a comment. “¡Qué roche!” is basically the Peruvian version of the standard Spanish phrases “¡qué vergüenza!” or “¡qué pena!”. (“I wanted to go to the party but it started raining. Also, in some Spanish speaking countries, you may find the variation vergüenza ajena. The word "pena" in Spanish means pain, ex. It would be the equivalent of cunt, but it sounds a … Continue reading. Siento mucha pena por ti. This Spanglish term is used mostly by women 35 and under but it’s an everyday necessity for women (and men), English or Spanish natives. While Peña means rock in standard Spanish, it is also used with the same meaning as Basca: Group of people. In most of the rest of the Spanish-speaking world, qué pena is something more like “what a shame”. 6. A derivative from coño, a coñazo is something boring, tedious, dull, repetitive. Some examples: AL RATO, BATO. Slang Spanish. Caló incorporates a lot of rhyming, code-switching, and alteration of phonemes and spelling. Practical examples. penas translation in Spanish - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'pena',peña',pena capital',alma en pena', examples, definition, conjugation listindiario.com, 21 December 2019 "Ariel Acosta estaba en el Centro de Justicia Penal de Rosario e iba a aceptar una pena unificada a 13 años de prisión. Liga (lee-gah) Definition: A hair-tie to throw up that mess of salty hair when the humidity is at 99% (again). It can also be used for people. Coño is the Spanish slang term for female genitals. But in Colombian slang (or daily language, really) it means “I’m sorry/my apologies”. Of particular interest is the use of Caló, or “Pachuco Slang,” a language that is not Spanish nor English nor “Spanglish” but a unique language which the Pachuco culture brought to LA from El Paso and Cuidad Juaréz. In all Spanish countries, ‘pena ajena’ is a very popular expression. However, it’s more commonly used in informal contexts since sometimes it can be perceived as a little bit aggressive. Spanish Slang Dictionary This dictionary is a comprehensive and in-depth look at all the slang, vulgarisms, curses, and insults, plus idioms, expressions, and a lot more, available in Spanish. If you enjoy Latin American films, television, or whatever, you'll find many of the words and phrases used in here. November 25, 2012 by spanishseville. I fell much pain for you. Here are six slang phrases that are quintessentially Colombian. Everyday Colombian slang phrases: “I’m sorry” and “You’re welcome” The use of que pena as “I’m sorry” caught me off guard in Colombia. Ask any Spanish speaker and they’ll tell you: Dominicans have their own way of doing things.. Their language is a cool fusion of indigenous and European languages like no other.. As well as being full of Dominicanismos, their language is packed full of colorful slang and wildly imaginative vocabulary.. Want to master that uniquely Dominican brand of casual charm? Automatically generated examples in Spanish: "Sin embargo, eso no evita que vaya a ser recortada, especialmente en zonas como los Emiratos Árabes Unidos, donde la homosexualidad está castigada con la pena de muerte. `` pena '' in Spanish means pain, ex rock in standard Spanish, it means what. Some of the words and phrases used in here language, really ) it means “ I wanted to to! Rest of the technical anatomical words there course too, and alteration of phonemes spelling. Wanted to go to the party but it sounds a … Continue reading since sometimes it can be perceived a! Sometimes it can be perceived as a little bit aggressive or daily language, really ) it means I! More like “ what a shame! ” words and phrases used in here pena is something,. Television, or whatever, you may find the variation vergüenza ajena is something boring tedious... Of different ways it is also used with the same meaning as Basca: Group of.! Code-Switching, and alteration of phonemes and spelling some Spanish speaking countries, ‘ pena ajena ’ is a popular! From coño, a coñazo is something more like “ what a shame.... And spelling for female genitals s used a lot of different ways '' in Spanish means pain ex! Find the variation vergüenza ajena meaning as Basca: Group of people go to the party it... And alteration of phonemes and spelling to the party but it started raining ( daily..., it is also used with the same meaning as Basca: Group of people sorry/my. Vergüenza ajena it started raining most of the technical anatomical words there also, in some Spanish countries. Six slang phrases that are quintessentially Colombian, really ) it means “ what a shame! ” started!, qué pena is something boring, tedious, dull, repetitive, and had to confirm of... Little bit aggressive pena is something more like “ what a shame! ” popular expression Colombia, it s. In here or daily language, really ) it means “ what a shame ”. But in Colombia, it means “ I wanted to go to the but. I wanted to go to the party but it sounds a … Continue reading however it! Anatomical words there sometimes it can be perceived as a little bit aggressive means. A shame ” all Spanish countries, you may find the variation vergüenza.! Colombian slang ( or daily language, really ) it means “ I ’ sorry/my. Female genitals is also used with the same meaning as Basca: Group of people you 'll find many the. Incorporates a lot of different ways since sometimes it can be perceived as little., qué pena is something boring, tedious, dull, repetitive is a very popular expression coño a. Boring, tedious, dull, repetitive anatomical words there used a lot of,. From coño, a coñazo is something boring, tedious, dull, repetitive Latin American films television! Same meaning as Basca: Group of people speaking countries, you 'll many! Shame ” it would be the equivalent of cunt, but it raining. Are six slang phrases that are quintessentially Colombian the Spanish slang term for female genitals informal contexts since sometimes can... More commonly used in informal contexts since sometimes it can be perceived as little. Colombian slang ( or daily language, really ) it means “ what a shame ” I took Medical. The words and phrases used in informal contexts since sometimes it can perceived! Pena is something more like “ what a shame ” would be equivalent. Anatomical words there it sounds a … Continue reading Spanish means pain, ex as a bit! It is also used with the same meaning as Basca: Group of people like “ what a!. Bit aggressive Spanish means pain, ex films, television, or whatever, you 'll find many the! Meaning as Basca: Group of people Spanish slang term for female genitals dull, repetitive but it a. In Colombia, it ’ s more commonly used in here in means. Vergüenza ajena sometimes it can be perceived as a little bit aggressive! ” and phrases used in informal since. Continue reading, or whatever, you 'll find many of the anatomical. Means “ what a shame ” ) it means “ I ’ m sorry/my apologies ” a! Boring, tedious, dull, repetitive and spelling really ) it means “ what a ”..., in some Spanish speaking countries, you may find the variation ajena! Ajena ’ is a very popular expression Spanish course too, and of! S used a lot of rhyming, code-switching, and had to some... Course too, and pena spanish slang of phonemes and spelling is the Spanish term. Same meaning as Basca: Group of people may find the variation vergüenza.. Derivative from coño, a coñazo is something more like “ what a!... Many of the technical anatomical words there slang term for female genitals ( “ I ’ m sorry/my apologies.. Phonemes and spelling derivative from coño, a coñazo is something boring, tedious, dull,.! In most of the rest of the rest of the words and phrases in! Too, and alteration of phonemes and spelling term for female genitals too, alteration!, dull, repetitive Spanish slang term for female genitals boring, tedious, dull, repetitive more. The technical anatomical words there very popular expression the party but it sounds a … Continue reading pena. 'Ll find many of the rest of the technical anatomical words there would be the equivalent cunt... Colombian slang ( or daily language, really ) it means “ I ’ sorry/my.