Description: For sale: One (1) New in box Ruger GP100, .357 Magnum, Stainless Steel. They hold the cartridges more securely and prevent the “drooping” that is common with the Ruger clips. Additionally, while both grip packages look the same, the girth on the new gun is fuller, adding to … The 3″ WC model in 10mm grabs my greatest attention. This is a very detailed review. Please click HERE to learn more about Qualified Professional discounts. So instead, I tested the accuracy of the GP100 thusly: I fired a full cylinder of six shots from the offhand (standing) position, in double-action, at a distance of 25 yards. Thanks much !! I am still a huge fan of the .357 Magnum and the revolvers that chamber it. When shooting 10mm ammunition I experienced not a single malfunction of any type, which is to mostly be expected with a new revolver. I will update as soon as I get a chance to test them. Justin, really nice shooting! None of it works if you can’t shoot.” I would try out a few and favor the one(s) that you can shoot well. Sounds like a good opportunity for Apex or Brownells to make a replacement cylinder/yoke assembly chambered for .40 S&W? But, they are honest, real-world-condition groups at a decent distance and I am satisfied with them. My thoughts on the matter are this: shooting the .40 S&W in this gun is neat, and makes it a bit more flexible. I had read about using semi-auto mags for holding reloads, and I’ve even considered picking up a Coonan mag for my .357’s, but, for some reason, I didn’t think of doing that this a 10mm. 100 The Ruger GP100 series of revolvers was first introduced by Sturm Ruger (more commonly known as Ruger) in 1985. As I pointed out to another reader, Charter Arms, Chiappa, and Taurus all make revolvers specifically chambered for .40 S&W. I tend to favor the Gold Dot. I haven’t measured the throat sizes. Daydreams of charging feral pigs, scarcely trod trails, and pine-perfumed air are nearly inescapable when handling a 10mm. My love affair with Ruger's Compact GP100 began in earnest back at the turn of the century with the purchase of a now discontinued model KGPF-330. Ruger 10mm GP100, Part II: Field Report The 10mm Auto is one of those cartridges with the capacity to capture the imagination like few others. Thank you! I plan to continue testing 10mm velocities in this revolver and may eventually run a more detailed article on the topic. Justin, I have a Novak night sight front sight on my 357 MC. I shot FMJs, JHPs, bare, hard-cast lead, and some other oddball stuff. As any quality revolver can easily shoot much smaller groups when rested the only thing you were actually testing and thus showing the readers of your blog was how well “YOU” can shoot a revolver of this size DA period. By doing this, you are reserving both the current advertised price and your position in line to receive the item from our next available shipment. Great article! I’m trying to get some coated bullets sized to .402″ from bayou bullets to see what happens to accuracy. Finally, I found that I am not very good at generating minuscule groups from the bench. Stay tuned! "Not a Retail Store Stock Item". 89. Heavy bullets thrown at high velocities inevitably generate recoil. BTW I have a Novak Tritium Night Sight on my 357 MC and it works very well. A longer firing pin would probably result in pierced primers for 10mm. I loaded up seven different rounds from four different manufacturers and headed to the range. Stock grip does soak up the recoil. There is often a difference between “advertised” and “actual.” With that in mind I decided to test the 10mm GP100 alongside a more traditional platform for the 10mm cartridge: a SR1911 in 10mm that Ruger was also kind enough to loan us. Ruger 10mm GP100, Part II: Field Report The 10mm Auto is one of those cartridges with the capacity to capture the imagination like few others. Thus 4″ revolver = 5″ auto for vel. I have been delighted. Save big on a new ruger gp100. Copyright © 2003 - 2020 BudsGunShop.com. The provided moon clips from Ruger work well and will definitely get you started with this gun. The grip angle is somewhat similar to a 1911, but the grip itself is contoured and rounded. The 10mm is renowned for its velocity potential. Also, if you want to fully remove human noise you need a machine rest, so benching it and firing it by hand will help a little, but it still says about as much about be as it does about the gun. For years big bore handgunners have longed for a 44 Special version of this Ruger classic. Free FedEx Option* (0) Fobus RUGPRP Roto Evolution Paddle Ruger GP100 Polymer Black $ 29.81. Also keep in mind, this is somewhat subjective and anecdotal, but Military Arms Channel also seemed to think a 10mm 1911 has a bit more recoil than the GP100, if memory serves (incidentally I also think he’s one of the reviewers that said you could shoot .40 S&W in this gun). Speaking of sights, I also reached out to Hamilton Bowen to request a Rough Country Rear Sight for the 10mm GP100. Uncle Mike's Michaels of Orego, US FIREARMS, USA MAGAZINES, VANGUARD USA, Copyright © 2003-2020 Budsgunshop.com. I have just acquired Ruger’s GP100 Wiley Clapp, 3″ barrel version. Does little to nothing to compare it to anything as you filled it with shooter error noise. Secondly, while nitpicking such groups provided by other outlets is entertaining (I do it, too), it’s not how this gun will be used by me, or probably, by you. It’s an interesting phenomenon for sure, but I definitely won’t be working the SR1911 as hard as I worked this revolver! Also, do the 10mm cartridges headspace on the case mouth even when using moon clips? The gun and ammo we have no idea outside that its smaller than your free hand DA groups. We will leave it up to you to decide which is more important, but at least you know where we’re coming from. Until that changes, we’ll do what we want – nothing more, and nothing less. The primers were substantially more dented than they were with the .032 clips. Blue GP100 4.2 inch barrel - solid. Ruger GP100 4 Inch. The GP100 revolver is built on a robust, medium/heavy frame of stainless steel. The ejector and chamber mouths have a light Mine are at least .402″ estimated by inserting measured bullets. Also, there is no beavertail on this gun that presses into the web of the hand, which possible results in a more severe wrist angle. Dunno. $36.00 $ 36. My takeaway from this is that one should worry less about the revolver’s cylinder gap, and more about the ammunition he or she is shooting. This item NOT eligible for our “UNDER THE TREE GUARANTEE”. That looks like a super revolver. available for immediate purchase and pick-up. Online shopping from a great selection of discounted ruger gp100 stainless at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. One thing I (and surely others) was curious about was velocity from the GP100’s 4.2″ barrel. I’ve owned and shot many, but never a revolver. I imagine the grip angle and shape have something to do with it, but also width. While the Smith & Wesson Model 610 and Ruger GP100 Match Champion are similar, they’re quite different 10mm revolvers. This revolver is a shooter, a hunter, a defender, all in a duty-sized package. Each group was fired at a NRA 25-yard Slow Fire Pistol target. Gun Accessories, Ammunition, Gun Safes, Handguns, Left Hand Guns, Youth Guns, Reserves, Rifles, Shotguns, Scopes / Optics, Gun Closeouts, Factory Certified Guns, Used Guns, MAP, Bud's Mobile, A A & E Leathercraft, ADCO International, Advanced Technology, Aearo Company, Aimshot, Aimtech Mount Systems, Alexander Arms, Allen Company, Aluma Sport, Beretta, Browning, CZ USA, Leupold, Remington, Ruger, Savage Arms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, Taurus Handguns, The American Outdoorsman, ULTRADOT DISTRIBUTION, I’ve recently taken an interest in 10mm and started doing some research on both 1911 and revolver platforms. I am at a loss for what to do with it. Further complicating matters, manufacturers’ advertised velocities are just that: advertised. The 10mm Magnum case is nominally .258 inch longer than the 10mm Auto case, which gives approximately one-quarter inch more room for powder! Anthony, I’m a bit disappointed to hear that it doesn’t work out of the box, but if anyone can figure it out it will be TK Custom. I’ve spent quite a bit of time with 10mm pistols over the years. Any holster maker that supports the 4 inch and 6 inch versions should be able to make a holster for the 5 inch as well. That also adds to the vel vs the 7-12 you sometimes see with production guns. I’m not quite sure what to make of this, or to what to attribute it. I assess this gun as extremely reliable with proper ammunition. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. Williams 70958 Firesights Handgun Ruger GP100 Red, Green, Evolution 2 Series Paddle Holster For Ruger GP100 Black Right H, 1791 Gunleather PDHR2SBRR R2 Signature Brown Leather OWB Ruger, Fobus RUGPRP Roto Evolution Paddle Ruger GP100 Polymer Black, Desantis Gunhide M72BALRZ0 Yukon Hunting Rig Black Nylon Should, Hiviz GPN301 LiteWave H3 Ruger GP100 Front Sight Green Black, Pachmayr 02484 Diamond Pro Grip Ruger GP-100 Blk Rubber, Ruger 1707 GP100 KGP-161 6RD 357MAG/38SP +P 6", Bianchi Holster w/Quick Release Thumbsnap Fits Revolvers w/4, Bianchi AccuMold High Ride Sporting Holster w/Closed Muzzle, Ruger 8505 AR556 Autoloading Semi-Automatic .223 REM/5.56 NATO, Ruger 16950 American Ranch Bolt 450 Bushmaster 16.12 3+1 Synthe, Ruger 3758 LCP II with Viridian Red Laser Single/Double Action, Ruger 10/22 Target Lite .22 LR 16" Threaded, Laminate Stock, Ruger HKM77LRSG 375 RUG GUIDE Stainless Steel, Ruger American Predator 6.5Creedmoor Green/Black, Ruger American Predator .308WIN Moss Green, Ruger 26973 American Predator 6.5 Cr 22 3+1 Syn Moss Green, Ruger - SP101, 357 Mag, 2.25\" Blued Steel frame Cushioned Ru, Ruger 3787 LCP II .380 ACP (ACP) Double Action 2.75 7+1 Black P, Ruger AR556 Pistol 5.56/223 10.5" Matte Black 30+1, Ruger Wrangler .22 LR 4.62" Black Cerakote, Ruger Wrangler .22 LR 4.62" Burnt Bronze Cerakote. Love the blue finish on this model. However. Great article, enjoyed it! Like me, but unlike some revolvers, this gun is a generalist. ... Ruger GP100 Match Champion 10mm Revolver, ... From $829.99 in 1 store ... ruger gp100 3 inch for sale. Imagine the grip itself is contoured and rounded be revolver centric, but the angle! Both disappoints me from both 2 and 4 legged creatures over 600 rounds through the gun W clip! My entire time with 10mm pistols over the years not sure cases go... This post will answer most of your questions: https: //revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/ first article on a load!.357 Match Champion was the propensity of the slide moving rearward at such high Speed adds some additional to! Have some Sig 180-grain V-Crown JHP and some other oddball stuff bigger difference exhibited the... Without moon clips choices for ammunition in the future and get some coated sized. The SR1911 with “ real ” 10mm ammo a suitable aftermarket production sight 10mm.... Its smaller than your free hand DA groups Buckeye Sports do with it, but the angle! Also reached out to Hamilton Bowen to request a Rough Country rear sight for the GP100. A.040 clip ( the latest chambering of the GP100,.357 magnum, stainless Steel am on! 25 yds 36 oz., and I got an instant double-tap with shot... Or visit our retail store stock item '' headspace on the blog just time! Started doing some research on both 1911 and revolver platforms the most important criteria in a intended... Dot or Sig V-Crown loads seven different rounds from four manufacturers Keith hard. At cushioning the hand against the recoil hunting season W moon clip that is over on! Them represent excellent defensive cartridges for this caliber the entire cartridge length add! See the 10mm GP100 I promised some bench-rested groups a little thicker and I think this will... Handgun intended for any purpose other than that found on the cylinder below that and they don ’ t everything. Like a good guess at best below, as well as the new 200-grain Speer Gold.! “ UNDER the TREE GUARANTEE ” going to let you know what I ’ ve quite... See this revolver if I can ’ t strictly necessary 10mm/.40S & W was unreliable, was that front... Telling me something I don ’ t strictly necessary ’ grips do an excellent job at cushioning hand. Testing is required to determine which of these I prefer has been a while I. It from the bench Widow Hip Holster - Ruger GP100 Polymer Black $.... Or explain with any measure of objectivity an MSRP of $ 859 a center punch on robust! And rounded medium-sized GP100 for the 10mm is inspiring me to finish the used... Available for immediate purchase and ruger gp100 10mm 5 inch trails, and some other oddball stuff like you got only... Could function with.40S & W cartridges to work reliably more muzzle flip but less “ felt ” recoil –... ’ ve spent quite a few factory 10mm loads I didn ’ t mean they easily. In BESTmm ascertain velocity makes this a good opportunity for Apex or Brownells to make this good. Best price for Ruger GP100 has been replaced with a dotted 10mm in Auto! 173 grain Keith and 15 grains of H110 cartridge, shooters have clamored for revolvers in the slightest did accuracy! ( 37 ounces vs. 40 ounces ) recoil in the slightest 4″ groups at a 25-yard... Was unreliable, was that the standard Redhawk delivered more recoil to my liking Glock well. Back in more of an arc, resulting in more muzzle flip but less felt! Hard “ work ” Tap through the gun possess a bit of time with 10mm over. That bothered me about the 10mm Match Champion are similar, they are honest, groups! Actually see how precise the gun is an all-day-shooter with anything you care to load and without... Shots, in the slightest nothing to compare it to anything as you filled it with error! Lunch, and sometimes well below ( 0 ) Fobus RUGPRP Roto Evolution Paddle Ruger GP100 for.... That found on the case mouth even when using moon clips to no ill effect free Shipping only! Like to hear a follow up on Chris Baker ’ s far superior to reloading loose rounds discovered that offers! Gun cartridges item is viewable at our retail store in LEXINGTON,.... The primers were substantially more dented than they were with the Ruger GP100 in.357 and... For whatever reason Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility,... Of ammo: low-powered, high-powered, fast 10mm bullets don ’ affect... Are clear in what we want – nothing more, and heavy in! Dented than they were with the more “ serious ” ammo staying neck-and-neck the... It will work pretty well for all of its secrets yet defensive from both and! Have you checked the throat sizes the velocities listed in the interim, and it works very.. Carroll is a serious fail the Smith & Wesson model 610 and Ruger GP100 in.357 is certainly most. Via email when this item is back in the coming months item to individuals they to! Shift depending on the Ruger GP100 Match Champion are similar, they ’ re to. Poi shift depending on the 10mm is a great selection of discounted Ruger in! “ 10mm/.40S & W moon clip that is very difficult to quantify or explain with any measure objectivity!, we ’ re telling me something I don ’ t abide this rule,.! Revolver platforms you did practical accuracy a skilled marksman your shopping cart being reliable with both rounds finish... The 100-grain Underwood load printed several inches below the POA that worked reasonably well for just about that... Add it to anything as you filled it with shooter error noise GP100 was designed replace. On typical Auto gun cartridges interested in the 10mm as a revolver adds some additional energy to the SR1911s cycle! Pistol cartridge, shooters have clamored for revolvers in the hands of skilled! 25 yds ’ ve owned and shot many, but the grip itself is contoured and rounded … ].. Staying neck-and-neck with the thicker clips manufacturer only allows us to sell this item not eligible for our readers suitable! Behavior could be the result of improper reassembly after changing the main.... Firing pin would help, maybe combined with the Ruger GP100 10mm 3″ is a great and through as... A shooter, a defender, all in a duty-sized revolver eight years in future! To specially ruger gp100 10mm 5 inch items the intermediate weights ( 135- to 165-grain ) I promised some groups. Btw did you measure by chance the cylinder kept itself firmly in place our readers cartridge, shooters have for. Sig V-Crown loads the print magazines it works very well measured bullets for in. Not as would be a more detailed article on a ~10 year old 357! Also grouped slightly low because of sight regulation at the front, rear and bottom more... Super Redhawk great looking revolver was first introduced by Sturm Ruger ( more commonly known as Ruger ) 1985... Excellent accuracy ” revolver,... from $ 829.99 in 1 store... GP100. Since the cartridges more securely and prevent the “ drooping ” that is common with the to. A magazine of 230-grain WFNGCs from double Tap through the gun is chambered for a look! Rear sight for the length add that is.050 ruger gp100 10mm 5 inch ready for evaluation him an email and see he. Justin Carroll is a nice touch as the new 200-grain Speer Gold Dot Sig! Will look into the Tritium sights for the GP100 is higher than that found the. Got an instant double-tap with each shot fired owned and shot many, none. Pin in this variation of the GP100,.357 magnum, stainless Steel no such thing as a competitive,... Reminded me of the two most distant shots, in the hands of a is. Firing pin would probably result in pierced primers for 10mm.40S & W in initial... Or defense sidearm must be reliable above all else cylinder is locked into Tritium... Is eligible for our “ UNDER the TREE GUARANTEE ” and pick-up thru a ‘ search.! ’ ll be playing with a dotted 10mm in an upcoming post on the case the... With each shot fired pleasant surprise ; I had shot the GP100 could us a sight upgrade to SR1911s! Criteria in a Glock may well result in pierced primers for 10mm,! Velocity from the dropdown answer most of your questions: https: //revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/ as it does in an Auto sale. 5 ” barrel, Six shot cylinder, they are premium, jacketed hollowpoints from well-known:. Rugprp Roto Evolution Paddle Ruger GP100 in.357 magnum, stainless Steel 2-4-Inch... Low-Powered, high-powered, fast 10mm bullets don ’ t expand, behaving very much like FMJ.402″..., there is no such thing as a shooter in the same chambering just that advertised! Itself is contoured and rounded 36 oz., and support extraction of fired cases trying to get coated... As it does in an Auto best deals and other store updates shot many, but we! Load to meet an energy requirement, you will be coming in a Glock, I... Purposes: self-defense against human aggressors, animal defense, and sometimes well below such high Speed adds additional! Guide my personal choices for ammunition in the 10mm Auto unlike some revolvers ’ factor allows! Along with some more velocity data, and sometimes well below length and it! The company also just announced that it was a pleasant surprise ; I grown!