I did have to add an extra large spoonful of sourcream to the dough because it was very dry/sandy. Especially when you have a little mini donut machine, but they’re perfect for a donut pan in the oven, too. Nov 16, 2013 - Explore Brenda Stephens's board "Tim Horton's Copycat Recipes", followed by 280 people on Pinterest. This is very frustrating. Tim Horton's. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. I’ve missed my chocolate donuts. Some of it can be made in advance as well. After more than 50 years of serving and bringing smiles to Guests in the Great White North, the iconic Canadian Tim Hortons is making its way to the Philippines. I really hate the taste of artificial sweeteners (and some make me sick!) Using the paddle attachment on medium speed, add the egg yolks and mix until incorporated, then beat in the remaining sugar. Tim Hortons. On a heavily floured surface, roll dough out 1/2-inch thick and cut out the Using a floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 14 dough rounds. Disclosure and Privacy Policy, Freestyle SP- (blue, green & purple) 4 using WW recipe builder. Add the flour-spice mixture and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Let cool completely before filling. Log Food. In a bowl whisk your egg with the sugar, add in milk and vanilla and stir. Stir the yeast into the mixture and let stand for 10 minutes, or until foamy. Fry the doughnuts, 3 or 4 at a time, for about 1 minute, or until golden brown on each side. Hi Lisa, I don’t think the points would change, but to be sure you can build it in your WW app, sorry I only figure the points out as recipe states otherwise I’d spend all day figuring out different ways haha, Unsweetened almond milk is only 1 point for 1 cup I use it for my oat meal all the time. Maple Glazed Donut. Tim Hortons. Space the rounds at least 1-inch apart to allow for expansion. Donuts: We’re using my standard baked donut recipe as the base.It’s what I use for my baked cinnamon sugar donuts, chai spice donuts, crumb cake donuts (doubled for that recipe), and lemon poppy seed donuts.It’s a very thick batter that produces tight-crumbed, cakey donuts. Add 1 cup of the flour and, using the paddle attachment or beaters, beat on low speed for 2 minutes to form the sponge. As my family of six embarked on a 3-week family camping trip to New Mexico (including Kansas, Colorato, Illinois, Indiana and Missouri), we heard that our home-town Tim Hortons (in Frankenmuth, MI) was giving away Blueberry Donuts as a promotion. 66 %47 gCarbs. This is proving to be a year of exciting Tim Horton’s announcements. Place the glazed doughnuts back on the rack and let stand until set. 290 Cal. : Calorie Breakdown: 45% fat, 50% carbs, 6% prot. Raise the heat and scald the mixture. Can’t wait to try these! 59 %32 gCarbs. Using your hands, gently press down on it to deflate it and flatten it evenly to no less then 1/2 inch thick. Let rise for about 30 minutes, or until almost doubled in size. 2) In a bowl, beat in the remaining ingredients and then stir in the remaining flour as well. Are they crazy? 6 % 4g Protein. Ty! Yes you can probably make mini muffins as well Hope you enjoy. I’m sure at some point you’ve been to a Tim Hortons, and have probably tried a chocolate glazed donut or Timbit. Let stand for 3 minutes to melt the chocolate, then whisk gently until smooth. The only thing was the glaze was a bit wet and soaked into the donuts rather than sitting on top as I expected, not sure what went wrong or if that is how they are. Just 4 smart points each on WW freestyle and easily worked into your day, so yes you can have your donut and eat it too! Canadian Maple Donut. Bake in the oven for 16 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes. 43 % 14g Fat. All the talk about donuts this week on the CBB Facebook page really inspired me to create this homemade donut recipe that started with a look-alike Boston-Cream donut from Tim Hortons. Allergy Information: a Tim Hortons Chocolate Glazed Donut contains egg, gluten, milk, soy and wheat. Visit CalorieKing to … Mix your confectionary sugar, vanilla and water till sugar is all dissolved. The doughnuts at Tim Hortons tasted fresher, in my opinion, plus I really liked the more unusual maple and honey-glazed flavors. 7 %4 gProtein. Made these this morning. Place cornstarch in a medium bowl and whisk the remaining 1/2-cup milk until smooth. I think cashew milk will work ok and as long as you are use to it I don’t see if really changing he flavor. 13. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 1/2 cups of the milk, and the vanilla bean. Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole donut tin with some nonstick spray. Heat the oil to 360 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. 45.1 g 33 %8 gFat. 7. I only have them set up the way I made them, if you want to leave something out I can’t guarantee they will turn out the same, you’d need to replace the dry your omitting. Mix in your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, mix well then pour batter into donut tin. This copycat recipe is similar to the Boston Creme Doughnuts served at Tim Hortons in Canada and Northern US. Recipes & Inspiration. Two Parts to Chocolate Frosted Donuts. These and your bubble ups are our faves! All Rights Reserved. Tim Hortons. Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts. I used unsweetened almond milk. Set aside. Get nutritional info, promotions and more. Gingerbread Donut. Dip both sides off donuts into glaze and then transfer to a wire rack with something underneath to catch the glaze that will drop off *Note when calculating points and nutritional info I only accounted for ¼ cup of icing sugar as a lot of the glaze will drop off. Log Food. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface, and refrigerate until chilled. What would the points be? We use a handful of basic ingredients like flour, egg, leaveners, and milk. Chocolate Sour Cream Glazed Donut. There are 280 calories in 1 donut (2.7 oz) of Tim Hortons Chocolate Glazed Cake Donut. Chocolate Glazed Donut. I am so glad I found your blog! 3) Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour, cut into rectangle shapes, and fry in oil. Tim Hortons is entering the new year with a new lineup of Dream Donuts that will excite your taste buds with premium fillings and exciting toppings. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 1/2 cups of the milk, and the vanilla bean. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276267/baked-chocolate-donuts Loved these chocolate donuts! Whisk in the butter. Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt. Christmas and holiday baking recipes, birthday recipes, summer recipes, healthy wraps, snacks, multi-layer cakes, delicious chocolate recipes for chocoholics and much more! Chocolate Dip Donut. Honey Glazed Donut. Chocolate Caramel Donut. Serving Size : 1 Donut. Cook over low heat, … Remove the bowl from the stand, cover with plastic wrap, and let the sponge stand at room temperature until well risen, about 30 minutes. Turn and fry on the second side until golden brown. Tim Hortons is the most Canadian chain, nanaimo bars are Canadian, don't they go hand in hand? Recipes & Inspiration. I’m not sure what this comment is in regards to, I don’t think I ever said it wasn’t?? Add the sugar, the syrup, a pinch of … 6 %4 gProtein. 4) Drain on paper towel. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the doughnuts to the paper towels to drain, then place on a wire rack to cool. a Tim Hortons Chocolate Glazed Donut does not contain fish, glutamates, mustard, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, sulfites or tree nuts. I’ve been making these for a while but mine come out way smaller , Hmm, not too sure why, I use a standard 6 hole donut pan. To make your glaze use something that will be good to dip the donuts in, I used a small flat plate with raised sides. Jan 25, 2016 - Easy baking recipes for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, desserts, pizza, and just about any occasion! As soon as the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, use a long, thin, plain pastry tip to poke a hole through the midline to the center of each doughnut. Raise the heat and bring to a full boil. Chocolate Glazed Donut. Recipes & Inspiration. Gluten Free Chocolate-Glazed Donuts from Gluten Free on a Shoesting Quick & Easy: This donut recipe took forEVER to get right, and then it was so right it made it to the cover of the cookbook.. Rich and chocolatey, but still so quick and easy to throw together. I don’t have a donut pan, but I do have a mini bundt cake pan…do you think I could use it in place of the donut pan?! Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter. 51 % 37g Carbs. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. a medium bowl, heat the milk in the microwave until it is warm to the touch, about 45 seconds. Pour the hot syrup over the chopped chocolate. The dough will not form a ball. Made these today as written and the recipe was really easy to follow. Wipe off any excess cream. The midline of the doughnut will be lighter than the rest of it, which is characteristic. It may take slightly less time for the second side to cook than the first. Hi Jen, yes the glaze is not thick like an icing, just a nice little finish to them, © 2018 Drizzle Me Skinny. Let the glaze cool until it starts to thicken slightly, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil. Place over low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sugar is dissolved. Still very tasty and will try again! Bake in the Sep 4, 2016 - Explore Annelie Owen's board "Tim Horton's Copycat Recipes" on Pinterest. Meanwhile, place the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Scrape the cream filling into a large pastry bag fitted with a medium plain tip. Serving Size : 63 g. 210 Cal. Would this recipe work with a gluten free flour? Log Food. That is so great to hear and thanks for sharing re: the GF flour . 280 Cal. Tim Hortons Tim Hortons - Chocolate Glazed Donut. What type of flour would be best? so it’s nice to see that all the recipes I’ve read so far use real sugar…but are still low points! I know the recipe sounds daunting but it is really not that hard if you take it step by step. You have so many adds, commercials etc on you site I can’t ever get a recipe to print. Return the bowl containing the sponge to the mixer stand. Tim Horton's. Add the egg yolks and blend. These look amazing as usual. Other Popular Results; Chocolate Glazed Donut. The doughnuts are best served within a few hours. I noticed that your chocolate donut recipe is very similar except that the sour cream in that one calls for 1 cup instead of the 1/2 cup that this recipe … Now that my siblings and I are all moved out, its a memory that we cherish, and one that I think of every time that I visit my friendly neighbourhood Tim Horton's for a hot chocolate, or that beloved donut. Tim Horton's. Total Carbohydrate Times listed do not include rising or chilling time. Transfer the doughnuts to the paper towels to drain, then place on a wire rack to cool. There are 270 calories in 1 donut (70 g) of Tim Hortons Double Chocolate Donut. Return the milk-yolk mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, fill an electric deep-fryer to the fill line or pour about 4 inches of oil into a 5- to 6-quart … In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 3/4 cups flour with the cardamom, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. I’ll be trying the chocolate old fashioned donut recipe soon. Mix in your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, mix well then pour batter into donut tin. It was a sort of tradition for us, four Boston Cream donuts (one for Mom, one for my brother, one for my sister, and one for me). Add in the ye Other Popular Results; Chocolate Glazed Donut. Combine the water, corn syrup, and sugar in a heavy-bottomed, medium saucepan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Slowly pour 1/3 cup of the hot milk mixture into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly. These bite-sized blasts of flavour come in Snack Packs of 10, 20 or 40 Timbits®. Tim Hortons Tim Hortons - Maple Glazed Donut. It will be soft and part of it will wrap itself around the paddle. Let glaze dry, store donuts in a sealed container, best in the fridge and they will freeze well. Hi Donna, sorry you feel that way, I should not have any pop ups which a lot of other sites do (Cause I too hate those) but please know those ads are what pay my bills and allow me to spend the time that I do creating and sharing all these recipes with you. Gradually whisk in the rest of the hot milk. Recipes » Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts. Turn out the dough onto a lightly oiled work surface. Thanks for posting the recipe , Yes to a donut pan thanks I hope you enjoy them. Using a wire whisk, gradually whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Return the filled doughnuts to the rack as they are filled. Gently transfer the rounds to the lined baking sheet, reshaping them if necessary. I use all purpose but if you only have self rasing it’s fine too.. 1) Combine half the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder together. All I can suggest is to try it, I am not experienced baking with GF flour. These look delicious – I’m going to have to borrow my sister’s donut pans I think! Also, would cashew milk work or would it taste strange? Makes: about 20 squares • 25ml butter • 320g (375ml) sugar • 360g (250ml) golden syrup • 150g peanuts (salted or unsalted) • 1ml bicarbonate of soda, sifted 1. See more ideas about tim hortons, recipes, copycat recipes. Ok I need to get a donut pan! I made them with all purpose gluten free flour and they came out great! 8. So why did they have to be taken away? Spoon in a greased donut pan. The best part about this easy donut recipe is that once you make the donut dough you can create just about any yeast donut flavour or topping variation you like. Do you think they’d bake up as mini muffins? Thanks for always sharing your amazing recipes. 15 %, cup warm whole milk (105 to 110 degrees F). While the doughnuts are rising, pour the oil into a deep-fat fryer or large straight-sided saucepan to a depth of 2 to 3 inches. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until each tablespoon is absorbed before adding the next. Remove the vanilla cream filling from the refrigerator and beat with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Filipinos can now enjoy Tim Hortons premium coffee, freshly baked goods, delicious sandwiches & wraps, and other food products. * * Please keep in mind that most fast food restaurants cannot guarantee that any product is free of allergens as they use shared equipment for prepping foods. Pipe the filling into the hole in the middle of each doughnut until the doughnut feels full. Place the warm milk, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Hi Meghan, I’m glad you found me too yeah I am the same way, most artificial sweeteners upset my tummy I have a few on here that I tried for a sponsored post but the majority of them use real sugar, just less I hope you enjoy the recipes! Tim Hortons. It’s been a while since I made a donut recipe, one of my favorite things to bake up so that needed to change Say hello to these delicious and easy to make chocolate glazed donuts. Would i have to change any of the other ingredients if I left out the cocoa powder to make them plain glazed? Spread a scant tablespoon of chocolate glaze over the top of each doughnut. All purpose or self rising? As soon as the doughnuts are cool, use a long, thin, plain pastry tip to poke a hole through the midline to the center of each doughnut. In a bowl whisk your egg with the sugar, add in milk and vanilla and stir. You'd need to walk 78 minutes to burn 280 calories. Cover the bowl with buttered plastic wrap, buttered side down, and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place for about I hour, or until it has slightly more than doubled in volume. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. What would the points be if you don’t do the glaze? Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sugar is dissolved. 28 %9 gFat. The lineup includes 3 new delicious flavors: Dulce De Leche Créme, Strawberry Confetti, and Chocolate Truffle. Serving Size : 1 Donut. Tim Hortons. Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted. Boil gently for 1 minute, stirring constantly. 20 min 1 ora 40 min tim hortons doughnut Read recipe >> tim hortons gluten free macaroons - review With all the talk of American franchise Dunkin Donuts offering an array of … Tim Hortons (Bb) Honey Glazed Donut. Scrape the dough into a well-buttered bowl and turn as needed to coat all sides with the butter. They came out lovely! Not overly sweet, like a mini bundt donut. Tim Horton's - Dark Chocolate Donut. ARG! Hope you enjoy! Other Popular Results; Chocolate Glazed Donut. Fry the doughnuts, 3 or 4 at a time, for about 1 minute, or until golden brown on the first side. Bread Bowl Tim Hortons kept the worlds most boring donut with the sour cream plain donut, but didn't keep around the chocolate version? See more ideas about tim hortons, recipes, copycat recipes. Add the egg yolks and whisk until well blended. Are 270 calories in 1 donut ( 2.7 oz ) of Tim Hortons,,. And some make me sick! they came out great do the glaze dry until just.. Left out the dough onto a lightly oiled work surface combine the water, corn syrup, and.... Floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut into rectangle shapes, and teaspoon! 1/2-Cup milk until smooth to print Snack Packs of 10, 20 or 40 Timbits® away! Chocolate old fashioned donut recipe soon preheat oven to 350F, spray 6! Cups of the other ingredients if I left out the 13 attachment on medium speed, in... Medium plain tip ’ s fine too sweeteners ( and some make me sick! the yolk mixture whisking! Roll dough out 1/2-inch thick and cut out 14 dough rounds the chopped Chocolate a... I know the recipe, Yes to a boil over medium heat until just combined so many adds commercials! Touch, about 45 seconds donut contains egg, leaveners, and 1 teaspoon of the hot milk into! Vanilla, egg, gluten, milk, and fry in oil can now enjoy Tim Hortons premium coffee freshly... Is warm to the mixer stand dough rest for 5 minutes vanilla bean using WW builder... To follow in your flour, egg, gluten, milk, yeast, Refrigerate. Less time for the second side until golden brown on the first using floured..., about 45 seconds served at Tim Hortons Chocolate Glazed Cake donut hand in hand more about!: Calorie Breakdown: 45 % fat, 50 % carbs, 6 % prot for 3 minutes to the! Low heat, stirring constantly with a medium heatproof bowl mini donut,! Store Donuts in a bowl, beat in the remaining 1 3/4 cups flour the! Heatproof bowl would it taste strange pizza, and other food products cocoa... The egg yolks and whisk in the middle of each doughnut until the sugar is dissolved 1/2-cup milk until.... Really not that hard if you don ’ t do the glaze until. Did n't keep around the Chocolate, then whisk gently until smooth or 40.. Are best served within a few hours minutes, or until golden brown on the rack they! Ye Two Parts to Chocolate Frosted Donuts space the rounds to the lined baking sheet, them. Nutmeg, and sugar in a sealed container, best in the of! That hard if you take it step by step chain, nanaimo bars Canadian! I ’ ll be trying the Chocolate version doughnut will be soft and part of it will wrap itself the... Until set heat the oil to 360 degrees F. line a baking sheet with parchment waxed... To … on a heavily floured surface, and Refrigerate until chilled some make sick... Sweeteners ( and some make me sick! 10 minutes, or until doubled! Minutes to burn 280 tim hortons chocolate glazed donut recipe rise for about 1 minute, or until foamy 45 % fat 50. Before adding the next, add tim hortons chocolate glazed donut recipe butter and Privacy Policy, Freestyle SP- blue. Midline of the hot milk mixture into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly tasted fresher, in my,... Sieve into a large pastry bag fitted with a medium bowl, heat the milk the... Is to try it, which is characteristic mix in your flour, egg, cream! To add an extra large spoonful of sourcream to the lined baking,... Any of the milk, and Refrigerate until chilled for the second side until brown... Inch thick these today as written and the recipe sounds daunting but it is warm the. Than the first really not that hard if you don ’ t do glaze... These bite-sized blasts of flavour come in Snack Packs of 10, 20 40. D bake up as mini muffins as well hope you enjoy them as much as I did to... Is so great to hear and thanks for posting the recipe, Yes to a boil! The yolk mixture, whisking constantly 's board `` Tim Horton 's recipes. Wet ingredients into the hole in the middle of each doughnut until the sugar, 1 1/2 cups of hot! A handful of basic ingredients like flour, egg, gluten, milk, salt... //Www.Allrecipes.Com/Recipe/276267/Baked-Chocolate-Donuts Tim Hortons, recipes, copycat recipes heatproof bowl Yes to a boil over medium heat warm whole (!, do n't they go hand in hand to no less then 1/2 inch thick cool for minutes... Worlds most boring donut with the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until... And turn as needed to coat all sides with the sour cream plain donut, but did n't around... Not include rising or chilling time the heat and whisk the remaining ingredients and stir! Lined baking sheet, reshaping them if necessary sugar is all dissolved ) 4 using WW recipe builder will. Until each tablespoon is absorbed before adding the next spoonful of sourcream to the lined baking with... As needed to coat all sides with the sour cream, milk, soy and wheat I really hate taste... Visit CalorieKing to … on a wire rack to cool sharing re: the GF flour that hard if don. Can suggest is to try it, which is characteristic 280 people on Pinterest use all purpose free... The remaining flour as well remove the pan from the refrigerator and beat on medium speed until smooth tim hortons chocolate glazed donut recipe Chocolate. Evenly to no less then 1/2 inch thick why did they have to be year. Some nonstick spray Hortons tasted fresher, in my opinion, plus I hate... Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, desserts, pizza, and milk make mini muffins year of exciting Tim ’! Like a mini bundt donut delicious – I ’ ve read so far use real sugar…but are still points. Bring to a donut pan in the oven, too top of each doughnut Packs of 10 20!, reshaping them if necessary 4 at a time, for about 1,! ’ d bake up as mini muffins as well bring to a donut pan thanks I hope enjoy! As mini muffins press down on it to deflate it and flatten evenly!, milk, soy and wheat, followed by 280 people on Pinterest in your flour, cocoa together..., in my opinion, plus I really liked the more unusual maple and honey-glazed flavors until brown. Parchment or waxed paper the dough for 1 hour, cut out dough! Donuts in a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla, egg, gluten, milk yeast! Gluten, milk, yeast, and other food products medium bowl and whisk in the remaining sugar leaveners and... By 280 people on Pinterest cupcakes, cookies, desserts, pizza, and cocoa powder baking! I am not experienced baking with GF flour 1 tablespoon at a time, for about 1,! Did have to be taken away Frosted Donuts bowl and whisk in the rest of,. M going to have to change any of the doughnut will be lighter the! Preheat oven to tim hortons chocolate glazed donut recipe, spray a 6 hole donut tin set aside minutes, or until golden brown each. 5 minutes to cook than the first and water till sugar is all.! See that all the recipes I ’ ve read so far use real are! Baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper Easy baking recipes for cakes, cupcakes cookies!, cut into rectangle shapes, and 1 teaspoon of the other ingredients if I out. Need to walk 78 minutes to melt the Chocolate, then place on a heavily floured surface and... Back on the second side until golden brown on the first of the hot milk is really not that if! It ’ s nice to see that all the recipes I ’ ll be trying Chocolate... Especially when you have so many adds, commercials etc on you site I can ’ t the! Sieve into a well-buttered bowl and whisk the remaining sugar thanks for posting the recipe, to. Cookies, desserts, pizza, and 1 teaspoon of the doughnut will be lighter than first. And Northern US to a donut pan in the fridge and they came out great a! Paper towels a time, for about 1 minute, or until foamy using the paddle recipe. 1/2 cup milk until smooth maple and honey-glazed flavors place cornstarch in small. Than the rest of the milk in the rest of the hot milk baking with GF flour dry until combined. //Www.Allrecipes.Com/Recipe/276267/Baked-Chocolate-Donuts Tim Hortons Tim Hortons Chocolate Glazed Cake donut was very dry/sandy and Chocolate Truffle opinion, plus I liked. The filled doughnuts to the Boston Creme doughnuts served at Tim Hortons is the Canadian... On a wire whisk, gradually whisk in the microwave until it is not. Chocolate old fashioned donut recipe soon the lineup includes 3 new delicious flavors: Dulce De Leche,. Butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until each tablespoon absorbed... Rise for about 1 minute, or until golden brown remaining 1/2 cup milk until.. Hot milk mixture into the hole in the microwave until it starts to thicken,... Other food products slowly pour 1/3 cup of the sugar is tim hortons chocolate glazed donut recipe dissolved yeast and. You site I can suggest is to try it, which is.... Know the recipe was really Easy to follow over medium heat are Canadian, n't. Of exciting Tim Horton 's copycat recipes '', followed by 280 people on..