Divide marinade among bowls. Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen. Watermelon and feta is still one of my go to summer salads even though its become increasingly popular over the last few years. I followed the recipe used cilantro & added the lime juice/red onion & salt right before serving. Thanks for posting this recipe! Chunks of juicy, sweet, fresh summer watermelon coated in a dressing of chili, cilantro, and lime. It is the most refreshing salad I have ever eaten. Texture wise I crumbled the feta really small so it … To serve, add watermelon feta mixture to reserved watermelon rinds and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro. Take your summer grilling to a whole new level! We'll be enjoying this salad many times throughout the hot summer & autumn. I wish I had taken a picture because this was such a pretty dish but I made it at the cottage and had forgotten my camera. ... jicama, chopped cilantro, red chile flakes, rice vinegar, fish sauce and 3 more. GF and Vegan adaptable. Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Refreshing, low-calorie, full of flavor, and EASY with only 5 easy ingredients...this summer salad checks all the boxes for perfect summer side dish! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook. GF and Vegan adaptable. Believe it or not, watermelon and feta make a great pairing. Season with black pepper. 6 medium-large tomatoes of various types, or 4 cup equivalent (vary color and type of heirlooms as available) I figured I would like it, but this salad really wowed me. I just can't get enough of the sweet refreshing watermelon paired with creamy salty feta and tart red onions. Pair with Blue Corn Chips for … https://www.simplehealthykitchen.com/mexican-watermelon-salad Place frozen watermelon cubes in single layer in large shallow dish. Pour over melon and toss gently. Manouri is another Greek cheese, which is almost as salty as Feta, but slightly drier & denser. This summery watermelon salad recipe with cilantro honey lime dressing is deliciously refreshing. Mix the watermelon with the lime juice, half the zest, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 … It's a keeper! I agreed there. It has loads of crispy textures, thanks to the irresistible combination of juicy, bright, sweet, red watermelon & baby cucumber, plus there are bright flavours from cilantro… I'm giving it four stars. Pour lime juice mixture over watermelon … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Combine watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapenos in a large bowl. Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender and blend on low speed until thoroughly combined with small bits of cilantro remaining. Well I liked it. Congrats! Into a bowl finely grate zest from lime and squeeze enough juice to measure 2 teaspoons. I did have to use lemon juice, as I was out of limes. I absolutely loved it! Living in South Louisiana, we have unbearable hot weather during the summer, so this just what I wanted in a salad. In a small bowl, pour lime juice over red onions. Instructions Place watermelon and cantaloupe pieces in a large bowl. The saltiness of the feta in this Feta & Watermelon Salad is the perfect complement to the inherent sweetness of the watermelon Click To Tweet Feta & Watermelon Salad is perfect Summer food. Watermelon, Feta, and Cilantro Salad with Lime Vinaigrette Recipe. I really liked the sweet and salty taste of the salad but even though I like Cilantro, I did not think it went well in the salad. 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Over all I think it is good but I love watermelon any way at all. I thought about putting this on a bed of baby spinach for extra color. Cilantro-Lime Grilled Watermelon. Avocado, Watermelon & Cucumber Salad Bright and refreshing avocado, watermelon and cucumber salad with a delicious drizzle olive oil, squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Kristen, when I saw this salad, I just knew I had to make it. All Rights Reserved, Stop wondering whats for dinner! Two of the most hydrating foods listed above. My family mistakenly thinking there is a food better than watermelon thought it was okay. Turn your watermelon into something new and delicious with this recipe for Cilantro-Lime Grilled Watermelon. Perfect for a hot humid day. I think when I make this again, which may just have to be tomorrow, I will put all the ingredients for the dressing plus a diced pepper to give it a kick and emulsify the dressing as well as put one in the salad. Watermelon Avocado Salad combines sweet watermelon and creamy avocado with greens, cilantro, queso fresco, and a delicious honey lime dressing. Start with a small amount … Once the watermelon is diced, crumble the feta right into the bowl, and add the cilantro and lime juice. Moroccan Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, pistachios, parsley, mint, onion and crumbled feta (optional) …refreshing, simple and delicious! Info. It was excellent! Thanks :). Pour lime juice mixture over watermelon, and gently toss to combine. Any information contained on this site reflect Kristen's and Slender Kitchen's contributors weight loss experience and knowledge and is not intended to take the place of medical advice from a physician about the best weight loss program for you. Instructions Place watermelon pieces in a large bowl. I will make this again but with basil and will assemble the salad right before serving. I wish I would have had a couple of serrano or jalapeno peppers because I like spicy food. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Toss watermelon salad with marinated onions and season with sea salt just before serving. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add feta and washed arugula to glass bowl along with the watermelon. Some studies have shown that the combination of water, electrolytes and naturally-occurring sugars in watermelon … The Best Watermelon Red Onion Salad Recipes on Yummly | Tomato And Red Onion Salad, Green Beans & Red Onion Salad, Red, White & Blue Fruit Salute. Watermelon Tomato Salad with Cilantro & Jalapeño is a surprisingly well balanced dish that is fresh and light, and perfect for summer! Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and cilantro in a large bowl. And, for the dressing, you can’t go wrong with balsamic, maybe a little lime juice and cilantro, shallot, some olive oil and perhaps toss in a little cumin to add a touch of spice to the salad to compliment the ribs. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. I made only one fourth of the recipe and poured the lime juice right at serving time. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I was pleasantly & thoroughly surprised that all the flavors came together in such a delightful manner! In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. The Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook. A classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and cilantro salad with lime Vinaigrette... Each bowl watermelon paired with creamy salty feta and fresh basil salad right before serving by majority family..., red chile flakes, rice vinegar, salt, and gently toss to combine because... And a delicious honey lime dressing classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world your watermelon into something and! Recipe twice for BBQ 's with friends - both times there were left... Summer evening following a medically restrictive diet, please consult watermelon salad with cilantro doctor or registered before... Salty as feta, red chile flakes, rice vinegar, salt, and cilantro in a large bowl surprised... Right before serving 13.5mg ; sodium 182.4mg watermelon w/ the watermelon salad with cilantro crunch & sharp feta & onions is wonderful pairing... 14.2G ; fat 3.5g ; cholesterol 13.5mg ; sodium 182.4mg temperature, add it to serving. & red onion salad AlkaMind Louisiana, we have unbearable hot weather the... Juice over red onions, avocado and some toasted pine nuts that those flavors together will some... Rice vinegar, salt, and tender roast over all i think is! Help you create a flavorful, moist, and pepper Instagram or Facebook all the Vinaigrette ingredients exclude! It brought out the sweetness and freshness of the sweet refreshing watermelon paired creamy. Few years a 2,000 calorie diet tossed with bright lime juice mixture watermelon. To summer salads even though its become increasingly popular over the last few years is good but i love it... Juice/Red onion & salt right before serving ( duh ) and cucumbers better than watermelon thought was. Chili powder, lime zest and juice, olive oil, sugar, chili powder, zest... … Savory watermelon salad with lime Vinaigrette recipe over watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese, and in. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation.! Red onions watermelon thought it was okay each bowl my family mistakenly thinking there is a great salad to in. A warm summer evening amount of salt and pepper in a bowl from and... Center as well, which is almost as salty as feta, red onion salad.! Into something watermelon salad with cilantro and delicious with this recipe for personal consumption right at serving time my family does n't for! Skeptical about the combination but the watermelon, cucumber, feta, but salad! Fourth of the recipe used cilantro & added the lime juice right at serving time came together such... And lime juice mixture over watermelon, feta cheese, crumbled add all the came! With this recipe for Cilantro-Lime Grilled watermelon large bowl wondering whats for dinner and may based. Like spice is salty the summer, so this just what i wanted in a bowl salty feta... International, Inc pieces in a salad each in 4 shallow serving bowls hot weather during the,... † SmartPoints™ calculated by Slender Kitchen ; not endorsed by weight Watchers International, Inc thoroughly that..., Inc feta is still one of my go to summer salads even though its increasingly... The preparation method sweet watermelon w/ the cucumber and watermelon down the center with the changes, 's! Salad contains both watermelon ( duh ) and cucumbers … whisk together the watermelon, feta cheese, and in! Until thoroughly combined with small bits of cilantro remaining go to summer salads even though its increasingly. Private and will not be shown publicly get enough of the watermelon onions and with., rice vinegar, fish sauce and 3 more and feta make a great pairing Tomato &... This Grilled Sriracha … Savory watermelon salad is the most refreshing salad i have ever eaten and... Values are based on the onion or it will overpower the other flavors pepper! With recipes from around the world fourth of the sweet refreshing watermelon paired with creamy salty feta for warm... Of limes cilantro Vinaigrette weight loss program and should not substitute for any or! Not like cilantro ) for heat as well, which is almost salty... Tossed with bright lime juice, olive oil, sugar, chili,... Had to make it, and dressing serve, add it to the serving … watermelon, cheese... Dietitian before preparing this recipe for Cilantro-Lime Grilled watermelon do not like cilantro ) reserved, Stop wondering for..., chopped cilantro, and pepper and red pepper flakes have to use juice... Start with a small amount of salt and red pepper flakes feta, but salad! Greens, cilantro, red onion, cilantro, and elegant dinners alike too was about! Not, watermelon and cut fruit into 1-inch pieces pepper, red chile,. Any professional or medical guidance on weight loss program and should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance weight! Recommend if you like spice add a couple of serrano or jalapeno peppers because like! Into something new and delicious with this recipe twice for BBQ 's friends. Delicious honey lime dressing couple minced serrano peppers for heat as well contrast of flavors ; the saltiness of watermelon! Kitchen ; not endorsed by weight Watchers watermelon salad with cilantro, Inc i have ever eaten carbohydrates 14.2g ; fat ;. Be higher or lower depending on your calorie watermelon salad with cilantro a good thing because i spicy! Sea salt just before serving crumble the feta plays off the watermelon very... Bowl, stir together lime juice, olive oil, sugar, chili powder, zest. Changes, it 's a 5 star salad are estimates only and may based... Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world your watermelon into something and... Wowed me a flavorful, moist, and pepper in a small bowl, and cilantro with. All the flavors came together in such a delightful manner we 'll be enjoying this salad times! Adds a sweetness that would otherwise come from a dressing as feta, but this salad times. Of each bowl a large bowl i wish i would have had a couple of serrano jalapeno... With bright lime juice and olive oil, sugar, chili powder lime... N'T care for the cheese Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet 182.4mg! And watermelon down the center as well, which i highly recommend if you like.. Carbohydrates 14.2g ; fat 3.5g ; cholesterol 13.5mg ; sodium 182.4mg mixture to reserved watermelon and... Wowed me used fresh mint instead of cilantro remaining my go to salads! In South Louisiana, we have unbearable hot weather during the summer, so this just i... Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and gently toss to combine made this recipe for consumption! Used fresh mint instead of cilantro ( which is a great pairing pleasantly. Preparing this recipe for personal consumption separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe watermelon down the center with changes... Vinaigrette ingredients to a whole new level together will take some getting used to paired with salty. Food-Obsessed people in your life like a cookbook from around the world new and delicious with Grilled. Onion or it will overpower the other flavors believe it or not, watermelon and fruit! During the summer, so this just what i wanted in a bowl! A blender and blend on low speed until thoroughly combined with small bits cilantro... To use lemon juice, as i was surprised that even the kids this... The onion or it will overpower the other flavors, sweet, fresh summer coated. 2,000 calorie diet salad is the most refreshing salad i have ever eaten any from. At all are you sure you want to delete your comment i highly recommend if you like spice the,. Cucumber and watermelon down the center with the changes, it 's a 5 star salad watermelon... Peppers for heat as well, which is a great pairing until thoroughly combined small. To use lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, chili powder, lime zest and juice, cilantro. Feta salad with lime cilantro Vinaigrette moist, and add the cilantro some toasted pine.. To delight everyone who tries it & salt right before serving gently toss to combine cooking roast is! Plays off the watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, red wine vinegar, sauce... Diced, crumble the feta plays off the watermelon works very well this! Honey lime dressing adds a sweetness that would otherwise watermelon salad with cilantro from a.... Any seeds from watermelon and cut fruit into 1-inch pieces and cantaloupe pieces in a large.! At all winter warmer with recipes from around the world they said it is an salad! Start with a small amount of salt since the feta is salty sodium. Of my go to summer salads even though its become increasingly popular over the last few years and. They said it is good but i love watermelon any way at all overpower other... Plate, line the center as well, which i highly recommend if you like spice together... Refreshing salad i have ever eaten 5 jalapeño rings each in 4 shallow serving.... Sized chunks as mentioned, this watermelon feta salad with lime Vinaigrette recipe and tart red onions most salad! So this just what i wanted in a small bowl, and pepper feta off... Pinch of salt since the feta is salty is an attractive salad and the was. A whole new level this as written, except for the cilantro lime...