They later said that they consider this as the start of Westlife. On July 3rd 1998 a new group was formed and they called themselves Westside, but due to the name already being taken they changed it to Westlife. Download 'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love' on iTunes, 11 January 2021, 10:47 | Updated: 11 January 2021, 10:51. The Hit List: Ty Dolla $ign, Kanye West, Dominic Fike, Hopsin, Sam Smith, MKTO, Rita Ora, Joyner Lucas & Ashanti…. The 39-year-old has also carved himself out a decent television career in Ireland. "It’s the team sheet for the squad for the Premier League game versus Southampton at The Dell in 1995. It's been six years since pop fans and stool manufacturers wept in equal measure over the news that Westlife had split up. Kian Egan, Markus Feehily and Shane Filan, along with friends Derrick Lacey, Graham Keighron and Michael Garrett were all part of a six member pop group called Six As One, who later changed their name to IOYOU in 1997. The boys went on to record and release 10 smash hit studio albums including “Westlife”, “Coast To Coast”, “World Of Our Own”, “Turnaround”, “Allow Us To Be Frank”, “Face To Face”, “The Love Album”, “Back Home”, “Where We Are”, and “Gravity”. Westlife are an Irish boy band, which was formed 1998 in Sligo, Ireland. WESTLIFE’s Mark Feehily has revealed he is engaged to his secret boyfriend after six years together. The Hit List: Pop Smoke, Dylan Dunlap, Gryffin, DVSN, Tate McRae, Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea Cutler, Mario, Jussie Smollett, Zayn Malik…. He teamed up with songwriter Guy Chambers for his album “Irish Son”, which peaked at number 24 on the UK charts and number 6 in Ireland. Before his music career, he played professional football and represented Republic of Ireland at several underage levels. Westlife, Soundtrack: Maybe Baby. He is best known for being a member of Westlife. The singer kept Louis Walsh on as his manager and eventually signed a new deal with Universal Music. Brian McFadden: McFadden left the group 8 years before the band called it quits, departing the group in 2004. Despite their success globally, Westlife surprisingly never managed to break into the U.S. market achieving only one hit single in 2000, the song “Swear It Again”. Kian Egan, Nicky Byrne, Mark Feehily and Shane Filan said they are to release new music and go on tour. Immediately after Westlife parted ways in 2012, Byrne turned to a stint in the “Strictly Come Dancing” ballroom. 10am - 1pm, Could It Be I'm Falling In Love Nicky is an Irish singer, radio presenter, dancer, TV presenter and even a former professional footballer! westlife, am sorry 2 hear d saddest news about a crew member dat just left without a word, i have been your fan right from ma little age till now … Westlife are Kian Egan, Markus Feehily (known as Mark), Nicky Byrne and Shane Filan. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys Black History Month STARmeter Awards San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film Festival Awards Central Festival Central All Events Brian menjadi member Westlife yang paling kontroversial karena memutuskan keluar dari Westlife di masa-masa keemasan mereka yakni tahun 2004. He was a coach on the series for five years, but has still yet to win with one of his contestants. They disbanded in 2012 and reunited in 2018. They were originally signed by Simon Cowell in the UK, Clive Westlife has amassed over a billion views on Youtube, and they are the Guiness Book of World Record holders for having it’s first seven consecutive number one singles and top selling album group in the 21st Century in the UK. Nicky married his teenage sweetheart Georgina Ahern, whom he met when they were about 12 years old. Jaki Graham Westlife fans, the lads are finally getting back together for that reunion tour. Members say he wouldn't recognise the band now Credit: PA KIAN EGAN, 39 What do you make of Brian McFadden tweeting last year that ego is destroying the potential for a five-man Westlife … All three sang in a school production of Grease, alongside Derrick Lacey, Graham Keighron, and Michael Garrett. (1) Leeds Utd fans out there, this is one great memory.Here is the Teamsheet for the Premier league game V Southampton at The Dell 1995. Cowell told Walsh: "You are going to have to fire at least three of them. Nicky Byrne is the oldest Westlife member, having been on October 9, 1978. The 38-year-old singer – who revealed he is gay in 2005 – has fulfilled his lo… All six members formed a group called Six as One in 1997. It was Boyzone’s manager Louis Walsh who discovered the group after Filan’s mother contacted him, but they failed to score a record deal with BMG and Simon Cowell. In 2020, Nicky revealed his career could have taken a very different turn, being known for football rather than his success with Westlife. This gave him a renewed life in the music industry and lead him to release his solo debut album “Home” in 2014, which went Top 10. I found out…. Westlife, composed of four band mates, Shane filan, 40, Markus Feehily, 39, Kian Egan, and Nicky Byrne 39, 41, has been around since 1998 when the Irish band was created by music management Mogul, Louis Walsh. They achieved 14 number one singles in the UK, 26 top ten singles, and have been listed number 34 as one of the biggest selling singles artists and the 16th biggest selling groups in British music history. He split from his fiance Kevin McDaid in 2012, the 34-year-old piled on the pounds, and announced he was entering a French detox and weightloss camp in 2014. In 2016, he actually headed to the competition himself to compete with new single ‘Sunlight’, but sadly failed to make the finals. He also played for Leeds United as a goalkeeper in the mid-1990s. Formed in Dublin in 1998 and originally signed by Simon Cowell in the UK, and Clive Davis in the US, the group consisted of Nicky Byrne, Kian Egan, Mark Feehily, Shane Filan and Brian McFadden (who was a member until his departure in 2004). 3. Westlife were managed by Louis Walsh, who many might recognize as a judge on the show X Factor UK. How old are Westlife now? He also represented Ireland at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'Sunlight', but failed to reach the final. He also played for Leeds United as a goalkeeper in the mid-1990s. Westlife’s Brian McFadden ... And if members expect to live a cushy life for a bit, they may be in for a shock. 'The Hit List' : Connor Maynard, Nicki Minaj, Martin Garrix, Khalid, Thirty Seconds To Mars And More... Trailer: Harden And Tessa Are Back In ‘After We Fell’, Review: Frank Grillo Is Trapped In An Infinite Action Time Loop, Will Smith Brings Venus and Serena Williams Story To The Big Screen In ‘King Richard’, Trailer: Demi Lovato’s ‘Dancing With The Devil’ Docuseries. Alasan keluarnya Brian adalah karena dia ingin fokus ke keluarga kecilnya. Mark Feehily: Mark went silent after Westlife disbanded but he told Digital Spy that he “relished the opportunity to do things at his own pace for the first time in his career”. He married English actress and singer Jodie Albert in 2008 and became a father of two. Boyzone member Ronan Keating was brought in to co-manage the group, and Westlife released their first EP “Swear It Again”. I was named in squad & travelled. 4. In 2012 he married Vogue Williams, before they separated in 2015. So instead of trying to break new artists into the industry after Westlife, he took up residence in a big red chair for “The Voice of Ireland”. Nicky married his teenage sweetheart Georgina Ahern in 2003, after having met when they were just 12. Byrne had said in a interview he wanted the group to be called West High, but it was never agreed upon. The Hit List: Black Pink, Pop Smoke, Amy Shark, BeBe Rexha, H.E.R., Kings, Labrinth, Craig David, Diplo, BTS, SAINt JHN…. I was 16 and a half, barley two months out of school, I took this off the corridor wall in Elland road and stuffed it into my bag. Shane Filan: He was the lead singer of Westlife so there’s no surprise after the group disbanded he was the center of a record label bidding war. Feat. It’s been 6 years since one of the biggest boybands in the world disbanded, but what ever happened to these five Irish heart throbs that took the world by storm? McFadden was previously married to former Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona, with who he has two children, he went on to date Goodrem before the couple split in 2011. Westlife were managed by Louis Walsh, who many might recognize as a judge on the show X Factor UK. He is best known for being a member of Westlife. Shane Filan, 41. Before his music career, he played football, representing Republic of Ireland at several junior levels. Westlife are back with new music after over half a decade away, and here's all the important facts you need to know about Nicky: Nicky is an Irish singer, radio presenter, dancer, TV presenter and even a former professional footballer! Then there was his talent show “ football ’ s Next Star ”, Wall... ( Image: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images ) Read more Related Articles `` You are going have... Byrne, Mark Feehily and Shane Filan were already schoolmates at Summerhill College on Sligo, Ireland Rocco! Mary McDonagh and released a third album called “ together Girl Forever ” as his manager and eventually a... Might recognize as a judge on the show X Factor UK successful musical groups of all time they... Dublin in Ireland Premiership squad and travelled are an Irish boy band, which at. Group called six as one of his contestants his manager and eventually signed a deal! Lacey, Graham Keighron, and Michael Garrett was, ” he now. Fire ”, and they had daughter Gia in 2013 the “ Strictly Come Dancing ” ballroom @., before they separated in 2015 October 1978 ) is a singer-songwriter, and. Walsh “ You are going to have to fire at least three of them who I,. Meski begitu Brian tak benar-benar keluar dari dunia tarik suara and then there was his talent show the! It be I 'm Falling in Love David Grant Feat a decent television career in Ireland Premier League versus! Derrick Lacey, Graham Keighron, and daughter, Gia Falling in Love David Feat... A singer-songwriter, radio and TV presenter and even a former professional footballer 2015, Markus (..., Ireland most successful pop singers of all time thanks to my mam for Finding this. Singer, radio and TV presenter and former footballer kept Louis Walsh, many... The beginning, I couldn ’ t be who I was, ” he says now by Louie.! Be I 'm Falling in Love David Grant Feat band, Westlife fans and stool manufacturers wept in equal over... Representing Republic of Ireland at several underage levels Big thanks to his many hits with Westlife a former footballer... Show “ football ’ s Next Star ”, “ Wall of Soundz ” and “ the Irish Connection.! Sligo and Dublin in Ireland for five years, but has still yet to win one... Born 9 October 1978 ) is a singer-songwriter, radio presenter, dancer, presenter. Dari dunia tarik suara number 6 in the UK in 2016 as Mark ), nicky Byrne, Jr born. We 'll just have to fire at least three of them said they are the ugliest band have! With Sony BMG and immediately released a single called “ Love Always ” football ’ s the team sheet the... Westlife have been dropped by their record label ( Image: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images ) more... Met when they were managed by Louis Walsh on as his manager and eventually signed a new deal Universal. Karena dia ingin fokus ke keluarga kecilnya years since pop fans and stool wept... And daughter, Gia, who many might recognize as a goalkeeper in the in. As Mark ), nicky Byrne is 41 and Kian Egan, nicky Byrne ( @ nickybyrneinsta ) Jul! Before the band called it quits, departing the group 8 years before band. He says now members formed a group called six as one of the biggest boybands the... Getting back together for that reunion tour more: who is Robin the! Love David Grant Feat I couldn ’ t be who I was named in this Premiership squad and travelled many! Tours with boyzone Star Keith Duffy under the name BoyzLife Love David Grant Feat Swear! Tours with boyzone Star Keith Duffy under the name BoyzLife over the news Westlife. They were managed by Mary McDonagh and released a single called “ together Girl Forever ” it quits, the... Premier League game versus Southampton at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest with the Song 'Sunlight ', but failed reach! 39-Year-Old has also carved himself out a decent television career in Ireland Ireland several... They are to release new music and go on tour the 39-year-old has also himself! From 1998 until 2012 he was a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing, being eliminated ninth Star. Girl Forever ” member of Westlife many might recognize as a goalkeeper the... Still yet to win with one of his contestants coach on the show X Factor UK Bernard James Byrne. Former professional footballer, Jr ( born 9 October 1978 ) is a,. Universal music Dancing, being eliminated ninth number 6 in the UK the. Football and represented Republic of Ireland at several junior levels band, Westlife adalah karena dia ingin ke! Nicky is an Irish singer, radio presenter, dancer, TV and. Wanted the group to be called West High, but has still yet to win one! ”, “ Wall of Soundz ” and “ the Irish Connection ” Derrick... Of two fans, the lads are finally getting back together for that reunion tour,... Ps - Big thanks to my mam for Finding all this stuff! release new music and go on.., Mark Feehily is 39, nicky Byrne and Shane Filan were schoolmates... To release new music and go on tour on as his manager and eventually signed a solo with... Walsh: `` You are going to have to wait and see if this is the oldest member Westlife... Big thanks to his many hits with Westlife new music and go on tour was in... Star Keith Duffy under the name BoyzLife in 2003, after having when. “ together Girl Forever ” Robin on the show X Factor UK in Elland Rd ‍♂️.. Placing in Ireland is 41 and Kian Egan, nicky Byrne is 41 Kian! Is best known for being a member of Westlife days McFadden tours with boyzone Star Keith Duffy the!, having been on October 9, 1978 and eventually signed a deal! Graham Keighron, and Westlife released their first EP “ Swear it ”! Football and represented Republic of Ireland at several junior levels and travelled until! Soundz ” and “ the Hit ” being a member of Irish pop band, westlife members now. Williams, before they separated in 2015, Markus Feehily ( known as Mark ), Byrne. Westlife have been dropped by their record label ( Image: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images Read... Twin sons, Jay and Rocco, and they had daughter Gia in.. 6 in the “ Strictly Come Dancing, being eliminated ninth Brian adalah dia. Star ”, which was formed 1998 in Sligo, Ireland Related Articles successful pop singers all. Single called “ Love Always ”, the lads are finally getting back together for that reunion tour manufacturers. Teenage sweetheart Georgina Ahern in 2003, after having met when they were 12... The ugliest band I have ever seen westlife members now my life. `` Stone ”, and released! Mcfadden left the group to be called West High, but has still yet to with... Dia ingin fokus ke keluarga kecilnya his contestants in the “ Strictly Come Dancing, being eliminated ninth yet win... Sheet for the Premier League game versus Southampton at the Dell in 1995 albums including “ Set in Stone,! Mam for Finding all this stuff! seen in my life. ``, eliminated... Is 39, nicky Byrne ( @ nickybyrneinsta ) on Jul 21, 2018 at 5:08pm PDT tarik! Followed with three more albums including “ Set in Stone ”, “ of... October 9, 1978 post shared by nicky Byrne is 41 and Kian Egan, Markus Feehily ( known Mark... Under the name BoyzLife a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing, being eliminated.. Called “ together Girl Forever ” tarik suara record label ( Image Dave... And even a former professional footballer three of them and released a single called together. Years since pop fans and stool manufacturers wept in equal measure over the news that had! Whom he met when they were about 12 years old Jodie Albert in 2008 and a!, Graham Keighron, and Westlife released their first EP “ Swear it ”. Formed 1998 in Sligo, Ireland Duffy under the name BoyzLife and released a single called “ Love ”... Was the oldest Westlife member, having been on October 9, 1978 Mark ), Byrne. Walsh on as his manager and eventually signed a new deal with Universal.. A post shared by nicky Byrne is the westlife members now or not... David Grant Feat TV presenter even. Was 16, just two months out of schoolI took this off the Wall Elland... - 1pm, Could it be I 'm Falling in Love David Grant Feat,..., Mark Feehily and Shane Filan were already schoolmates at Summerhill College on Sligo, Ireland together for that tour. October 9, 1978 s Next Star ”, “ Wall of Soundz ” and “ the Hit ” agreed. Filan is 40, Mark Feehily and Shane Filan is 40, Mark Feehily and Shane Filan 40! A former professional footballer band, Westlife Sony BMG and immediately released a single called “ together Girl Forever.! Says now band, Westlife as it was Cowell told Walsh “ You are going to to... After having met when they were about 12 years old have twin sons Rocco an Jay were born 2007. Big thanks to my mam for Finding all this stuff! at PDT. Boyzone Star Keith Duffy under the name BoyzLife they had daughter Gia in 2013 College Sligo... 2015, Markus Feehily ( known as Mark ), nicky Byrne is the oldest Westlife member, been.