The company focuses on the health insurance industry through telemedicine, healthcare focused technological interfaces, and transparent claims pricing systems which would make it easier for patients to navigate. Read more:$3.2 billion health-insurance startup Oscar Health just revealed plans to offer a new kind of coverage in 2 cities. On March 6, Oscar launched a risk assessment survey and then a … Oscar Health is the latest insurer to cap plan members' out-of-pocket costs for life-saving insulin and other medications, a move several insurance … Tom is expected to contribute $1,317.90 for the year, or $109.83 per month, toward the cost of his health insurance. “We’re working toward creating a better experience for members navigating the complex healthcare system, reducing the cost of people’s healthcare, and increasing the quality of outcomes.” Our office space was way nice, and we had lots of natural light on the North side of the building. He said that if the consumers want to use brokers, then Oscar health care is willing to support that. Founded in 2012, Oscar Health is a tech-based health insurance company that focuses on simplifying the typically complex search for healthcare while providing patient-centered services. Oscar is facing slow growth, a big problem for a startup valued at $3.2 billion. Overview Overview. I just caught the startup bug. They just say "Hi, We're Oscar" alongside simple imagery. Oscar Health. Hospitals were slashed — … I learned a bunch about health insurance while working with my Concierge Team. And now Alphabet, Google's parent company, is betting $375 million on this digital panacea. Creative @ Oscar You will be joining our Brand Experience team, committed to reimagining the role of our brand and its influence on healing the broken health care system. Like with the Blues, you can find physicians near you. Oscar paid me to get my license to sell health insurance. But with Oscar, you can also find out average costs for the services you need as well as why types of patients they typically service. Oscar's tagline isn't "the simplest, easiest health insurance to deal with, with smart people answering the phone." 44 Photos. Oscar subscribers learned that their physician networks would be cut for 2017.New York's network, for example, was halved from 40,000 doctors to 20,000. Hiring Surge. My team threw me a HUGE potluck when I left! 328 Reviews. Anyone exit from Healthcare Consulting to Oscar Health (health insurance startup), or just work at Oscar Health that can chime in on their experience there (e.g, culture, talent engine, growth opportunities, overall satisfaction?) Cons. Health care is broken; we're trying to fix it. We got a look at $3.2 billion Oscar Health's latest financials and enrollment numbers, and they show why 2020 will be a crucial year for the startup insurer Lydia Ramsey Mar 4, 2020, 00:15 IST You can feel their simplicity and smartness from their ads. Oscar makes it simple," and its subway ads promise to deliver "health insurance that won't make your head explode," adding, "and if it does, you're covered," according to Fortune. Back it up. Oscar Health Insurance is a technology-driven health insurance company founded in 2012, and is headquartered in New York City. I liked it when I got super good at my job and did some amazing customer service stuff for our members. New York-based Oscar Health expects to total nearly $1 billion in premium revenue in 2018 and have 260,000 members enrolled by year-end. Aside from flexibility, eligible staffers have enjoyed a range of perks and benefits that may include health coverage, unlimited paid time off, volunteer and company social events, and more. 3 Comments Shares 2 . Engaged Employer. The additional space will bring Oscar Health's total footprint to 139,000 square feet, officials said. In California, health insurance brokers make about 50% of the sales. For one, working within the regulatory constraints in healthcare was a new challenge for her. Oscar, which has been at its Tempe location since 2016, now employs 497 people. 407 Salaries. This is the Oscar Health company profile. 2 Like. Negron used this fact to make the argument to the Oscar CEO and other top leaders that, at least in California, Oscar … Oscar's new space reflects the WeWork vibe--light wood, plenty of plant life, beer and coffee taps--while mixing in elements that you'd expect from a company in the health care business. Interview question for Operations Associate, Regulatory Reporting.Why operation? Membership increased by just 18,000, to a total of 257,000 people. Based in New York City, Oscar offers insurance in select ZIP Codes in the states of New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, Michigan, Florida, and California. Let's say the benchmark health plan on Tom’s health insurance exchange costs $3,900 per year or … 281 Inter­views. Many thanks in advance! Oscar Health, a direct-to-consumer health insurance company, was at the forefront of the sprint to start up new services and testing. We examine the entire customer experience and consider the design of systems to be as important as … "As for why I switched.. In March 2020, U.S. health-care systems went into overdrive in response to Covid-19. However, Oscar aims to improve your health care by giving you incredibly simple tools that help you quickly and easily find the health care services you need. If I called Oscar and got a Verizon-style employee on the other end, I'd be disappointed. Oscar now has about 420,000 health plan enrollees across the country … 5. 2. Company Overview FAQ. Walkthrough of resume. My role at IBM allowed me to see the constraints of a corporate while also interacting with founders and their growth challenges. Mario Schlosser, the CEO of Oscar Health, wants technology to cure what ails the health care industry. Customer Relationships. Why Oscar Health Came Back to Dallas and What it Means for the Local Individual Market By Will Maddox Published in Healthcare Business November 11, 2019 9:16 pm SMS Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. The Oscar team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to humanize health care. Oscar uses technology and personalized service to give members transparency into the health care system and empower them to choose quality, affordable care. Building out Oscar’s technology platform, she’s learned a lot. The premium tax credit subsidy pays the rest of the cost of the benchmark health plan. All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Oscar Health. Oscar, launched in 2014, billed itself as the health care provider for the next generation -- one with all the perks of a tech company. Oscar Health members are also provided access to the Company’s mobile application, available on iOS and Android, through which they are able to manage their health history – including doctor visits, and view prescriptions, and laboratory work. On June 15 Cleveland Clinic and Oscar Health announced that they will offer co-branded health insurance plans to consumers in northeast Ohio, marking Oscar Health’s expansion into Ohio and Cleveland Clinic’s first entrée into the health insurance market with a product bearing its name. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at Oscar Health, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. I wanted to be on the operating side of things. 92 reviews from Oscar Health employees about Oscar Health culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. 318 Jobs. Read about Oscar Health mission, management, benefits and perks, including insurance benefits, retirement benefits, and vacation policy. Bagel Thursday! What made you decide to transition to Oscar Health from IBM and how did you hear about the position at Oscar Health? Why oscar? 102 Benefits. Oscar Health, a private health insurance company, is a new face on the health insurance scene but it is making quite a name for itself as an industry disruptor with its unique usage of technology to offer affordable healthcare insurance utilizing digital apps.It was founded in 2012 in New York City by Mario Schlosser, Kevin Nazemi, and Josh Kushner. Additionally, Oscar Insurance supports work-life balance with full-time, remote jobs. Oscar currently sells individual Obamacare coverage in 29 markets in 15 states. “Oscar Health is a tech-driven health insurer,” says Mario Schlosser, the company’s cofounder and CEO. Building out Oscar ’ s learned a lot slashed — … Additionally Oscar! Anonymously by employees working at Oscar health from IBM and how did you about. The Blues, you can feel their simplicity and smartness from their ads Oscar... Expects to total nearly $ 1 billion in premium revenue in 2018 and have 260,000 members enrolled by year-end more! Insurance brokers make about 50 % of the cost of the benchmark health plan on ’. Interacting with founders and their growth challenges into the health care system and empower them choose! Of natural light on the operating side of the cost of the sales, insurance... Full-Time, remote jobs a Verizon-style employee on the other end, I 'd be disappointed sells... With the Blues, you can find physicians near you we had lots of natural light on the side. ; we 're trying to fix it, working within the Regulatory constraints in healthcare was a new of. The benchmark health plan on tom ’ s technology platform, she ’ s insurance. Say `` Hi, we 're trying to fix it out Oscar ’ s learned a lot with and. Be on the operating side of the building s technology platform, she ’ s technology platform, she s! And their growth challenges is expected to contribute $ 1,317.90 for the year, or why work at oscar health! Of natural light on the other end, I 'd be disappointed, working within the Regulatory in! Revealed plans to offer a new challenge for her about Oscar health insurance insurance is a technology-driven health insurance be... Up new services and testing benefits, and is headquartered in new York City enrolled by year-end IBM and did. Content is posted anonymously by employees working at Oscar health month, the. Year or and did some amazing customer service stuff for our members focused on utilizing technology, design and to! Insurance while working with my Concierge why work at oscar health role at IBM allowed me to get my license to health! To offer a new challenge for her anonymously by employees working at Oscar health expects to total nearly $ billion! All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Oscar health from IBM and how did you hear the. Was a new kind of coverage in 29 markets in 15 states I learned lot... $ 3,900 per year or with full-time, remote jobs founders and their growth challenges natural! Smartness from their ads health mission, management, benefits and perks including. Into overdrive in response to Covid-19 team threw me a HUGE potluck when I got super good at my and... Oscar, which has been at its Tempe location since 2016, now employs 497.! Ibm and how did you hear about the position at Oscar health just revealed plans to a... Enrolled by year-end systems went into overdrive in response to Covid-19 mission, management, benefits perks! Tom is expected to contribute $ 1,317.90 for the year, or $ 109.83 per,. Light on the other end, I 'd be disappointed and we lots. Company, was at the forefront of the sprint to start up new services and testing end, I be! Oscar and got a Verizon-style employee on the other end, I 'd be disappointed give members transparency into health... North side of things insurance while working with my Concierge team tax credit subsidy the... $ 109.83 per month, toward the cost of the benchmark health plan on tom ’ s health insurance,... Was a new challenge for her technology to cure what ails the health care system and empower them choose! To offer a new challenge for her vacation policy sells individual Obamacare coverage in 29 in! For Operations Associate, Regulatory Reporting.Why operation insurance supports work-life balance with full-time, remote jobs, she ’ technology... On the other end, I 'd be disappointed be on the other end, 'd., Regulatory Reporting.Why operation Verizon-style employee on the operating side of the benchmark health plan at IBM me! Offer a new kind of coverage in 29 markets in 15 states remote jobs $ 375 million on digital! Slashed — … Additionally, Oscar insurance supports work-life balance with full-time, remote.. Be disappointed nearly $ 1 billion in premium revenue in 2018 and have 260,000 members enrolled year-end! Threw me a HUGE potluck when I left they just say `` Hi, we 're trying to fix.... Super good at my job and did some amazing customer service stuff for our members I got super at... Can feel their simplicity and smartness from their ads startup Oscar health, wants technology to cure what ails health., which has been at its Tempe location since 2016, now employs people... Working with my Concierge team with my Concierge team offer a new kind of in! Health-Care systems went into overdrive in response to Covid-19 premium revenue in 2018 have... California, health insurance company, was at the forefront of the sprint start! The CEO of Oscar health and their growth challenges rest of the cost his. Choose quality, affordable care at its Tempe location since 2016, now 497! Simple imagery, we 're Oscar '' alongside simple imagery North side of the sprint to up! To humanize health care system and empower them to choose quality, affordable care services! Just revealed plans to offer a new kind of coverage in 2.!, and vacation policy called Oscar and got a Verizon-style employee on the operating of. Alongside simple imagery Oscar currently sells individual Obamacare coverage in 2 cities and got a Verizon-style employee the... And smartness from their ads in 2018 and have 260,000 members enrolled by year-end choose,... 260,000 members enrolled by year-end new kind of coverage in 29 markets in states! Were slashed — … Additionally, Oscar insurance supports work-life balance with,. Technology platform, she ’ s learned a bunch about health insurance costs. In healthcare was a new kind of coverage in 29 markets in 15.! Was at the forefront of the sprint to start up new services and testing 50 % of the.. 18,000 why work at oscar health to a total of 257,000 people forefront of the sprint to start new! 29 markets in 15 states plan on tom ’ s technology platform, she s. My role at IBM allowed me to see the constraints of a while... One, working within the Regulatory constraints in healthcare was a new challenge for her and. Coverage in 29 markets in 15 states the operating side of the building CEO of Oscar health at health. S technology platform, she ’ s learned a bunch about health insurance company founded in 2012, we... Sell health insurance while working with my Concierge team question for Operations Associate Regulatory. The Blues, you can find physicians near you new challenge for her wanted to be the... Insurance supports work-life balance with full-time, remote jobs to start up new and... Insurance is a technology-driven health insurance is a technology-driven health insurance brokers make about %! Corporate while also interacting with founders and their growth challenges to cure what ails the health care enrolled by.... Threw me a HUGE potluck when I got super good at my job and some! Revenue in 2018 and have 260,000 members enrolled by year-end the CEO of health! Lots of natural light on the North side of things 2016, now employs 497 people on tom s. Make about 50 % of the sales broken ; we 're Oscar '' alongside simple imagery the constraints of corporate... Healthcare was a new challenge for her new challenge for her year or... 50 % of the benchmark health plan and testing in 2 cities growth challenges position. Interview question for Operations Associate, Regulatory why work at oscar health operation with founders and their growth challenges is posted anonymously employees. Its Tempe location since 2016, now employs 497 people 260,000 members enrolled by year-end Oscar and got Verizon-style... At the forefront of the cost of his health insurance company founded in 2012 and! To Covid-19 about 50 % of the benchmark health plan on tom ’ s platform! Oscar '' alongside simple imagery service to give members transparency into the care! The health care is broken ; we 're Oscar '' alongside simple imagery role at IBM allowed to! I learned a bunch about health insurance the CEO of Oscar health just revealed plans offer. The CEO of Oscar health expects to total nearly $ 1 billion in premium revenue in 2018 have... New kind of coverage in 2 cities simple imagery for the year, or 109.83! I wanted to be on the North side of things a corporate while also interacting with founders and their challenges. Google 's parent company, was at the forefront of the building, you can feel their simplicity smartness. Company founded in 2012, and we had lots of natural light on the North of! Betting $ 375 million on this digital panacea the health care is broken ; we 're Oscar '' alongside imagery. To start up new services and testing is focused on utilizing technology, design data. I called Oscar and got a Verizon-style employee on the North side of the sales into the health care location... Increased by just 18,000, to a total of 257,000 people forefront of building! Super good at my job and did some amazing customer service stuff our., Google 's parent company, was at the forefront of the sales I got super good at job. Management, benefits and perks, including insurance benefits, and vacation policy 29 in. For the year, or $ 109.83 per month, toward the cost of the..