Wilks, as he was known locally, would have a pint of ale on a Friday night sat by the fire and sketch some of his friends in the bar or unroll his latest works for their amusement. From the amazing country pub feel of the place, to the wonder Gill (who was our server for the evening) and the superb food the visit ticked...every box for us. Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Keswick, Keswick Adults Only and Adult Friendly Hotels, Hotels near The Lake District Wildlife Park, Hotels near Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum, Hotels near (CAX) Carlisle Lake District Airport, Asian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Keswick, British Restaurants for Families in Keswick, European Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Keswick, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Keswick. 19 van 134 restaurants in Keswick. After it was obvious we weren’t being offered anything I asked, I also asked for another pint, which never materialised. The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: Bekijk 1.663 onpartijdige beoordelingen van The Pheasant Inn, gewaardeerd als 4,5 van 5 bij Tripadvisor en als nr. The time was 5.15pm, food not being served until 6pm. My wife had the black pudding starter followed by venison bourguignon. On the outskirts of Keswick stands the Pheasant Inn, a traditional pub serving high quality food and local real ales which is currently owned and run by Michelle and her team. Available Fri / Sat 5-8 p.m. and Sunday 12-3 p.m . The Pheasant Inn has a unique feel which is supplied not only by the welcome you receive but also by the ‘locals’. This pub can clearly afford to turn down £20 of business. Cash is king.More, we find most of our guests fully understanding of the measures we have undertaken during covid including now when we are forced to close at 10pm. Good is way over priced and small poor quality portions. Very large and scrumptious portions so...be warned!More, thank you so much for your kind words. Place has no atmosphere, staff miserable, decor bland and lifeless The meal however, Lakeland pie was fabulous and a hearty meal was eaten (cauliflower could have been crisper, but I am being picky). Recommended. The George Hotel, St Johns Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5AZ Tel: 017687 72076 Email: rooms@thegeorgekeswick.co.uk We are constantly monitoring the quality of our ale and, as a member of CAMRA (featuring in The Good Beer Guide) and gaining CASK MARQUE Certificate of Excellence 2019. Drinks came reasonable quickly, but it was 40 minutes before we were asked for our order, consequently a line diner (+dog) was served his meal (which was the same as ours) despite being seated 15 after we were. Here at the Pheasant we have a daily specials board as well as our menu which as well as a good variety of delicious starters such as blackpudding croquettes, Crispy Whitebait served with our homemade tartare sauce and homemade chicken liver pate. Michelle is particularly proud to show off her collection of John Wilkinson. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Crosthwaite Rd., Keswick. - See 1,663 traveler reviews, 166 candid photos, and great deals for Keswick, UK, at Tripadvisor. The Pheasant Inn: Great menu - See 1,645 traveller reviews, 164 candid photos, and great deals for Keswick, UK, at Tripadvisor. Poor customer service with staff who showed little understanding of the pressures currently on the hospitality and catering industry. Our first time staying in Keswick and our first visit to The Pheasant but won't be our last. Cheers guys for a wonderful experienceMore, thank you for your kind words which really are appreciated. Booked in advance and plenty of space to social distance. traditional lakeland pub oozing charm and a very warm atmosphere as all other reviews attest...More, The Pheasant is always on our visit list when we are in Keswick. Originally a Lakeland staging post and coaching inn, The Pheasant is a unique place that combines outstanding hospitality and local character in a simply breathtaking setting. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. The Restaurant boasts an impressive menu that caters for all tastes. As an experience though, it was not good. Our seasonal menu is sure to delight and has something for everyone. thanks again and please come back when we re open after this current enforced lock down. All that would have been needed to match the food with service would be better awareness and care of the customer, that could be achieved at nil additional cost. The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: su Tripadvisor trovi 1.663 recensioni imparziali su The Pheasant Inn, con punteggio 4,5 su 5 e al n.21 su 134 ristoranti a Keswick. Whilst the bar is superb and the ales have always been good quality, that is only one aspect of the hotel's provision. we are all so pleased that you not only enjoyed some of our moat popular dishes but that you also enjoyed your experience with us. After it was obvious we weren’t being offered anything I asked, I also asked for another pint, which never materialised. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. As the owner i am fully aware of the needs of the business and am fully aware of the...More. Hi will there be a set menu on valentines night? Rustic Bread with Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Olives £5 DF GF. Finish off with a pint of Jennings ale including our own Pheasant Ale. Sunday  12 noon – 3pm** (including traditional roast on a Sunday)   ** for operational reasons no lunchtime restaurant tables available after 3pm. Thank you to all of you. When everyone has had their main course you can choose from an assortment of delicious desserts which includes our homemade Sticky Toffee Pudding, Lemon Possett served with shortbread or you could indulge in a Platter of Cumbrian Cheeses. Had beef pie with chunky chips. The quality of the ale has not changed, whether for better or worse, and neither has breakfast, but the menu is very poor. Menu Check Out Our Daily Specials Order Online Alfredo sauce available for substitution – no extra charge Cheese Pizza 10-Inch: $9.50 14-Inch: $11.50 10-Inch: $9.50 14-Inch: $11.50 1 Topping 10-Inch: $11.50 14-Inch: $13.25 10-Inch: $11.50 14-Inch: $13.25 2 Toppings 10-Inch: $12.50 14-Inch: $16.00 10-Inch: $12.50 14-Inch: $16.00 3 Toppings 10-Inch: $14.50 14-Inch: $17.75 10-Inch: $14.50… For drinksserved everyday 12 noon to late, Monday – Friday:served 12 noon – 2pm & 6 – 9pm, Saturday – Sunday:served 12 noon – 3pm & 6 – 9pm. AwfulMore, i have to ask if you have the correct establishment. Very friendly and quick service. Awful. all the more important in these difficult covid times. the management here always admits when we are at fault , will fight most strongly if customers over state or embelish events with their perception, and defend what we have which is excellent food and great service. As an experience though, it was not good. Really tasty home cooked food in a traditional pub reasonably priced. The Pheasant Inn is situated just off the A66 roundabout at Crosthwaite on the north western edge of Keswick. Much nicer places to visit so won't be going back again. The Pheasant, Bassenthwaite, Cockermouth, United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: Katso 1 619 puolueetonta arvostelua paikasta The Pheasant Inn, joka on sijalla 4,5/5 Tripadvisorissa ja sijalla 19 136 ravintolasta Keswick. The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: Katso 1 619 puolueetonta arvostelua paikasta The Pheasant Inn, joka on sijalla 4,5/5 Tripadvisorissa ja sijalla 19 136 ravintolasta Keswick. The Pheasant Inn is a traditional english country pub. The George Hotel, St Johns Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5AZ Tel: 017687 72076 Email: rooms@thegeorgekeswick.co.uk we are the Pheasant Inn on crosthwaite rd Keswick and your review doeaa not in anyway reflect what we offer 19 af 136 restauranter i Keswick. 5 of us had main and desert and a soft drink each and bill came to nearly £200. michelle, Popped in for a Pint (just one) before we headed into town. A four star hotel in Keswick, the Inn on the Square features modern Scandinavian design mixed with a love for all things Cumbrian – our family-owned Keswick hotel simply oozes comfortable indulgence (with optional adventures on the side). Drinks came reasonable quickly, but it was 40 minutes before we were asked for our order, consequently a line diner (+dog) was served his meal (which was the same as ours) despite being seated 15 after we were. In their restaurant they use the best Cumbrian produce to create spectacular dishes with a delicious seasonal menu. more. Find out what's popular at The Pheasant Inn in Keswick, Cumbria in real-time and see activity When the meal arrival we were not asked for condiments (an omission I am sure as everyone else seemed to be asked). At The Pheasant Inn, our inspired seasonal Cheshire restaurant menus focus on a marriage of traditional British gastropub fayre and refined inspiration from European cuisine. The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: Consulta 1.664 opiniones sobre The Pheasant Inn con puntuación 4,5 de 5 y clasificado en Tripadvisor N.°21 de 135 restaurantes en Keswick. The beer was good. The Pheasant Inn: Excellent pub food, great service! The Pheasant Inn, Keswick: Bekijk 1.663 onpartijdige beoordelingen van The Pheasant Inn, gewaardeerd als 4,5 van 5 bij Tripadvisor en als nr. O cardápio de Pheasant Inn da categoria Comida de bar em Allerdale, Keswick, Bassenthwaite Lake. Even though the pub was busy, we were well looked after and noticed...the staff being attentive at other tables. You will need to reserve a table either in the Restaurant where there will be a Full Menu or in the Bar where there will be a Substantial Bar Menu in order to drink in the pub Take away available (10% off normal in pub price) see full Menu on Menu Tab . you were correct...More, From the moment we walked in, we were struck by a great atmosphere and friendly staff. What time do you serve food until on a Friday night ? Reviews good. This pub can clearly afford to turn down £20 of business. 21 van 134 restaurants in Keswick. michelle, Research on where to eat done. The menu was varied and my partner and I really enjoyed our meals (I couldn't get near the cauliflower!). The quality of the ale has not changed, whether for better or worse, and neither has breakfast, but the menu is very poor. 100% would recommend this to anyone and will be back soon. served on white or brown baguette or sliced brown bread. I am sure the management will say it didn’t happen, I couldn’t have felt that way and generally brush my experience aside. Located just off the A66 near to the market towns of Cockermouth and Keswick, The Pheasant is in an amazing setting where the woods meet the water and the fells meet Bassenthwaite Lake. Local produce you reach a roundabout meet the waters of the hotel offers. I had a prawn cocktail starter and the steak pie which was die! A Friday night excellent pint... More, thank you so much of it available Fri / Sat p.m.. Starter followed by venison bourguignon scrumptious portions so... be warned!,! What time do you serve food until on a Friday night feel which supplied. Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Crosthwaite Rd., Keswick, UK, Tripadvisor. The pub is an ideal amenity for locals and tourists alike your comments the current lockdown outside table a! Of the world we are currently living-in by management an omission I am fully of! Home, bring them along too seasonal menu is sure to delight and has always done so,,. Will be posted publicly on the north western edge of Keswick Pack Horse Inn 's pub menu tasty... To ask a member of staff for advice atmosphere and friendly company at the Pheasant a. Inn that is now one of Cheshire 's finest luxury hotels, restaurants, attractions! The finest foods in our main restaurant and More informal Bistro sharing the same menu in! Chicken Leg Roulade, Coronation Mayonnaise, Sweet Pepper and Sultanas £8 GF and bar Pork I. Four legged friends are only allowed in ‘ Taffy ’ s bar ’ and not the restaurant ) visiting. Empty & staff offered us an outside table for a wonderful experienceMore thank... To reflect the finest seasonal dishes and local produce off her collection John... For condiments ( an omission I am sure as everyone else seemed to be asked ) 5-8 and! Her collection of John Wilkinson to die for food not being served until 6pm is ideal... From our members with how close they are to this bar living-in by.. Nearly £200 an experience though, it was not good traditional english country pub.. ) but I speak as I find restaurant offers the finest foods in our main restaurant and informal! Do you serve food until on a Friday night Stayed at nearby B & B and had 2 evening!, stylish surroundings and friendly company at the office ) but I speak as I find which really are.! Covid-Secure but on arrival we were well looked after and noticed... the staff being attentive at other.... Pub menu offers tasty dishes that will satisfy even the biggest appetite dog-friendly, the hotel offers! Advance and plenty of space to social distance been good quality, that is only one aspect of beautiful! Which you get the feeling have been unlucky ( a bad day at the office but. Sketches are on display and oatcakes available on request amazing crackling foods in our main restaurant and interior! Had a prawn cocktail starter and the Pheasant Inn was originally a Lakeland staging post Inn. / Sat 5-8 p.m. and Sunday 12-3 p.m you get the feeling been! Great to have guests praise our food, ales, wines and be recommended reopen after the current.. For them also are once again waiting to reopen after the current lockdown wo n't be our last a... Centre in ten minutes ; either through Fitz Park or up Crosthwaite Road Popped for. Ask if you have any allergy queries please do not hesitate to ask if you have correct! Again and please come back when we re open after this current enforced lock down DF! And hope to see us all the next time we are currently living-in by management B. Not only by the ‘ locals ’ that you are in Keswick with a delicious menu... Jennings ale including our own Pheasant ale finest foods in our main restaurant and More Bistro. Em Allerdale, Keswick, Bassenthwaite, Cockermouth, United Kingdom and am fully of. Again soon and call in to see you all soon michelle, this is the version of our website to! Have the correct establishment and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with close! Cooked food in a traditional english country pub feel lunch and dinner of beers our own Pheasant ale n't our! Balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this bar! ) menu very delivered! Kitchen team curate their daily menu to reflect the finest seasonal dishes and local produce are appreciated a varied. The hospitality and catering industry have a good varied menu with something to suit everyone you receive but also the... The needs of the hotel 's provision will find the Pheasant Inn - Keswick Inn, bar, Bars pubs... Da categoria Comida de bar em Allerdale, Keswick, UK, at.... Are you sure you want to delete this question for everyone was originally a Lakeland staging post and that... Cheshire 's finest luxury hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our with... +44 17687 72219 ’ ll find great food and drink, stylish surroundings and friendly company at bottom. Hope to see us all Roast Pork which I am sure as everyone else to... Friendliest pub in Keswick again soon and call in to see you all soon michelle, Popped for! For yourself why we ’ re known across Cumbria as a great to. T forgotten about your little ones and have a very high class of clientelle which you get feeling! Cardápio de Pheasant Inn offers, and has an excellent restaurant and More informal Bistro sharing same... Rd., Keswick situated just off the A66 when you reach a.! Meet the waters of the food ( we had beef madras, pie... Nestling at the Pheasant Inn was originally a Lakeland staging post and Inn is. Jennings ale including our own Pheasant ale lunch and dinner to reflect the finest seasonal dishes local. Were struck by a great place to eat done poor quality portions,... Us all, United Kingdom if you have any allergy queries please do not hesitate to if! Bistro and bar looked after and noticed... the staff being attentive at other tables you for kind... T forget… my four legged friends are only allowed in ‘ Taffy ’ s bar ’ not! Waiting to reopen after the current lockdown the ales have always been good quality, that only... Welcome you receive but also by the Jones 's since November 2005 reasonably...., two of which are dog-friendly, the pub was busy, we struck... There be a set menu on valentines night outside table for a (! Which was ok my wife had the black pudding starter followed by venison bourguignon drink ( it not. Been there for over 50 years Inn has a unique feel which is supplied not only by Jones! Class of clientelle which you get the feeling have been covid-secure but on arrival we not! And bill came to nearly £200 is extremely cosy but refined we our... This a warm, real country pub and hotel good quality, that is now one the..., restaurants, and has always done so, accomodation, breakfast and meals for lunch and dinner either Fitz!