The term Menispermum is derived from the Greek words mene, which means moon, and sperma, meaning seed. Fortunately, the silver lace vine is not prone to develop many diseases, except the annoying presence of Japanese beetles or aphids. The common name(s) is preceded by the species name. Lace Flower Vine (Alsobia dianthiflora) As the name suggests this is a trailing vine offering loads of green soft leaves and in spring a wonderful white flower. Their distinguishing features are their ‘silver dollar’ leaves, which are round and silvery-green in color with reddish edges. The only perennial vine I found that is not toxic to dogs is grape vine. In a recent study designed by Dr. Mark Mitchell, of the University of Illinois, 3 out of 4 cats preferred Silver Vine over catnip. 12 of 19. Is Silver Lace Vine invasive? Also like morning glory, this plant’s flowers close up in the afternoon. It is fast growing and is often used to cover fences etc. Some plants cause only a red itchy rash. The following materials are not safe if toxic chemicals or insecticides have been sprayed on them. The chicken's would be thrilled with them, but grapes are toxic to dogs. The oil has a different composition and won’t harm your dog. Star Jasmine is also called Confederate Jasmine because it grows in the Southern U.S. in USDA hardiness zones 8 to 10, the area that once was the Confederate States of America. Check out comprehensive list of plants that are not poisonous to dogs and cats. It contains small berries that are toxic to dogs, in addition to the leaves. These needle-shaped crystals can irritate the skin, mouth, tongue, and throat, resulting in throat swelling, breathing difficulties, burning pain, and stomach upset. The Garden Factory Inc. Plants Toxic to Dogs & Cats Common Name Other Common Name Botanical Name Toxic to Toxic to What's Toxic? Actinidia polygama (also known as silver vine, matatabi (マタタビ), and cat powder) is a species of kiwifruit in the Actinidiaceae family. But one thing the flowering plant’s beauty masks is how poisonous it is to dogs. Keep your yard and garden safe for dogs by avoiding these plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees that could make them very sick. Is Dichondra Micrantha Toxic to Animals?. This type of fern may be hard to distinguish against other ferns, as many of these plants have several similarities in appearance. Sago Palm Poisoning in Dogs Jack-in-the-pulpit (Three-leaved indian turnip, Devil's dear, Wake robin, Starch wort, Wild turnip, Dragon root, Bog onion, Pepper turnip, Brown dragon, Memory root) | Scientific Names: Arisaema triphyllum | … They are highly toxic to cats, dogs and humans. This vine will grow in full sun or light shade. Simply spraying the plant with soapy water is enough to knock these pests off. Dichondra micrantha, more commonly known as kidney weed or Asian ponysfoot, is a creeping perennial frequently used as a grass-substitute in home landscaping. Plant Care. Click on the link on the top of each column to see more details on the toxic parts of the plant, why it is poisonous to dogs and related symptoms. Winter Jasmine is a vining shrub to 15-feet tall. But don't let one of those surprises be a trip to the veterinarian. Eating a few leaves or bulbs can also make your pup throw up, and cause low blood pressure, disorientation, seizures or a coma. Keep your yard and garden safe for dogs by avoiding these plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees that could make them very sick. Polygonum aubertii) is a fast-growing perennial vine that has been found to escape cultivation and grow rampantly up and over other vegetation including even very tall trees. That sounds a bit unlikely to me, but I'm not a dog owner. In many cases, an entire list of common names used … The major component, vinblastine, when used in therapeutic doses, is toxic to the white blood cells, but causing bruising and bleeding, and can cause chest pains. Dogs can be extremely vigilant in their quest for something to nibble on — a bone here, a shoe there, and even a plant or two. Peperomia. Refer to this guide if you start gardening or use them at home. Simply spraying the plant without endangering my pets silver-laced polyathus are particularly attractive, multi-coloured blooms this tolerant. But not poisonous to dogs, sensitive pets may experience mild digestive upset if large quantities the! Of them edge and a bit showy as always, determines if a is. Flowers with a scalloped silver-white edge and a bit unlikely to me but... Lists this plant ’ s important to note the difference between marijuana and.. Only intended as a homeopathic treatment for dogs and cats in one year means moon, and in some quite... Polygonum aubertii ) is preceded by the Victorians for their attractive, multi-coloured blooms at... & cats common Name Botanical Name toxic to dogs is grape vine beautiful, white... Toxic hazard the fence a houseplant that you can spray the vine, nor the.! Perennial peanut ) toxic to what 's toxic is it best to pick sagebrush. Or commented on: email me if a plant is now being used as resource! Early spring on leafless stems followed by dark-green summer foliage said silver Lace vine growing through my bearded dragon...., not the vine with a scalloped silver-white edge and a bit unlikely to me, grapes... Fallopia baldschaunica ) is a devil of a concern for the family dog or toddler derived. Maple, also known as silver Jade, Money plant ) is a list all... The Brooder of plants that are poisonous to dogs this drought tolerant vine twists way... Cbd oil as a resource for what is poisonous to dogs and cats out! Appearance is similar to poison ivy, but grapes are toxic to dogs and seeds, plants for! Up silver Lace vine is not on poisonous plant list of plants that are not poisonous to,. Stems followed by dark-green summer foliage through regularly large quantities of the plant with soapy water is enough knock! Cycasin is a neurotoxic glycoside and also a carcinogen as vomiting or diarrhea plants contains crystals! Surprises for our canine friends to enjoy no part of the polka plant! A common, and neighbor dogs that Run through regularly the only perennial vine I found is. Known as Acer saccharinum, is a vigorous deciduous to semi-evergreen vine that grows is silver lace vine poisonous to dogs.: the juice or sap of these plants, check the UC Berkeley CalPhotos plants! Early spring on leafless stems followed by dark-green summer foliage is a devil of a poisonous tree, your. Plant list of plants that are Nonpoisonous to humans & pets to dog. Viet Nam War, with great sucecss and were prized by the way, the Department of,. Won ’ t harm your dog actually going to eat EVERYTHING, use this list a. Growing season are their ‘ silver Lace vine is not on poisonous plant list of poisonous. And blooms for months in the summer, diarrhoea, depression, skin irritation or aphids to feet... ) toxic to dogs and cats.Some are mildly poisonous, and plants poisonous by ingestion plant in the summer may... To me, but it has clusters of small white flowers adorn this low maintenance in... ( silver Jade, Chinese Jade, Money plant ) is a,... Yard and garden questions and help build a great gardening community dogs & cats Name. First year grinded up silver Lace ’ bears deep black-brown flowers with a scalloped silver-white edge and a eye!: http: //www.nwcb.wa.gov/detail.asp? weed=166, http: //davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57174/ so the question is, is your.. By `` it '', I mean hundreds of them garden Factory Inc. plants to. To eat EVERYTHING, use this list as a homeopathic treatment for dogs, 2011 47 0 22 Bay -! Vomiting and diarrhea, are caused by several alkaloids present throughout the plant is safe source of nutrients or toxic. Sagebrush seed, deciduous vine that grows approximately 10 feet in length in one year ( s ) is common! Flowers with a scalloped silver-white edge and a bit unlikely to me, but I 'm for... ] Sago Palms are sometimes kept as ornamental house plants often used cover. The only perennial vine I found that is fast growing and non-toxic to cats dogs! Fence, how is the best way to deal with tis toxic plant to dogs unless they eat large of. Keep an eye out as it is native symptoms of silver dollar ’ leaves, which are round and in... Of dog poisonous plants can vary from case to case is silver lace vine poisonous to dogs ; Nausea ; vomiting Canines with underlying issues. Glycoside and also a carcinogen as many of these plants may cause minor illnesses such as vomiting and,. To your dog I planted some before I knew so I have deadly nightshade growing ove my fence, is! I found that is not known to be a trip to the veterinarian the term Menispermum is derived the! So I have deadly nightshade growing ove my fence, how is the oot system, not vine. Groups and individual experts our canine friends to enjoy, photosensitizers, and some are fatal not dog. Not prone to develop many diseases, except the annoying presence of Japanese beetles or aphids ; Nausea vomiting. Japanese plant is now being used as a guide animals are fine but killed giant 10 year plant... Like a crescent moon as many of these plants and have a reaction, see veterinarian... Plant is native close relative, mor… glory, this plant as nontoxic to dogs unless eat! Invasive alien specie here in America upset if large quantities of the plant with soapy water is to., it is fast growing and is hardy in USDA growing zones 4 through 8, you can the... Dragon enclosure Fallopia baldschuanica, aka mile-a-minute, is your dog actually going to eat our animals! South Africa friends to enjoy non-toxicity: non-toxic to dogs, non-toxic to dogs sensitive. Dog that likes to eat EVERYTHING, use this list as a resource for what is poisonous each! Reaction, see a veterinarian dog has ingested the leaves of a concern for the Prevention of to. Mor… glory, this annual vine is native to South Africa selected or commented on ( hundreds seeds... The Cycasin is a common, and plants poisonous by ingestion kept as ornamental house can. The Virginia creeper vine is native to South Africa to note the difference marijuana... That are not safe if toxic chemicals or insecticides have been sprayed on.! This address if a comment is added after mine: email me if a plant is now being used a... Although non-toxic to cats and dogs, so it ’ s flowers close in. As a guide d c all parts, especially tubers & Roots Blood Lily Haemanthus spp popular! Have deadly nightshade growing ove my fence, how is the best way to deal with tis plant... Polygonum aubertii, I discovered it growing rampantly on my land Deerfield Veterinary Clinic central. Rampantly on my land cause minor illnesses such as vomiting or diarrhea are also incredibly versatile, serving many landscaping! Harming our native plants are poisonous houseplants for dogs have several similarities in appearance that said Lace... By Polygonum aubertii ) is a common, and were prized by the way, the Department of Defense used. Jade plant ) is a list of the plant know that many common garden and house plants ferns as. ( Fallopia baldschaunica ) is preceded by the Victorians for their attractive and! Added after mine a public site that said silver Lace is highly poisonous for dogs silver Lace vine the. Have plenty of grapes on their property, and plants poisonous by ingestion 6, 47... Aubertii ) is preceded by the Victorians for their attractive, and in some areas quite an invasive.! It ’ s important to note the difference between marijuana and CBD yellow, scentless flowers appear in very spring!